Steel path MR10 locked

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

They posted later in the thread that they're going through as a MR 5, so either they don't know we can check their in game profile or, they've got an alt they're keeping at a low rank. 

That makes a bit more sense now, thnx.

On 2020-07-14 at 7:35 AM, KIREEK said:

Because DE isn't interested in making sure players are ready, because many of them are, like many of them aren't.

I met a high MR player who called on me because i left the reactor room on a magnetic hazard sabotage, when you have players still strugling with the objectives and don't understand what's going on, you quickly realize the MR isn't gating anything.

The MR is there to force a grind, making sure player below MR10 have to play in order to hang out with the player doing hard mode, it's a retention thing, they simply force gameplay.

Many things before gameplay wise were either tiered or had a low MR requirement, so that even newbies could experience the new gameplay, sorties, bounties and even granum void have always a low requirement for entry

Steel path has no tiers, so it could have been similar to sorties no? guess not, at MR10 they are pushing new players to grind, regardless if they are ready or not to be there.

If they relied on completion ratio (like 90% and above), quit rate (below 5%), forcing players to purchase a key that used arbitration rewards, now that would force players not to quit so much and would actually force players to complete missions, then they would be ready for steel path, atleast most of them.

Yeah, I mean I know that MR has nothing to do with experience, but you'd still think that someone with a really high MR would know their S#&$ by now (assuming they didn't spend all their time on Hydron or some other EXP farm). Instead, you have people doing the same stupid crap in Steel Path they did in the regular Star Chart such as

• Going Hallway Hero in Defense missions, making retrieving the drops a pain
  • Not staying in Affinity Range in Survival even if it's only for 5 minutes
  • Running in front of people using explosives, causing the shooter to hit them and suffer stagger or knockdown

Just to name a few

On 2020-07-13 at 6:06 PM, VegaCP said:

They don't want new players getting blown up. I'm still all for an MR requirement for Kuva Lich missions. It's nothing personal. I'd love a forma requirement for some circumstances but I can see how people would find that a bit much.

Sure, it makes some sense for Kuva, cause its just out there on low lvl missions and some new players might stumble onto them by accident without even knowing what they are getting into...and then it troubles them forever stealing their loot till they kill that OP bastard. Yeap, makes total sense.

On a completely optional mode that requires u to have cleared the whole star chart though? Eh...

On 2020-07-13 at 9:25 PM, TARINunit9 said:

I gotta be honest with you guys: I don't think just saying "it's unnecessary" qualifies as an argument. The word has negative connotations, yes, but so what? How is it unnecessary, and how is it relevant?

You removed the parts where we explain why: basically the person has to clear the whole star chart...so not a new player anymore. That was the logic for arbitrations for example. High level content, no MR required...no issues here.

MR makes sense for kuva liches as it has a direct impact on a new players that might stumble upon it and then has trouble further down with lich stealing his stuff and might affect his morale when attempting to kill it.

Tl;DR: Steel path is completely optional and will not affect the gameplay of anyone that is not interested in it... it requires you to clear the whole star chart, thus no noob will attempt it....thus no reason for MR wall.

38 minutes ago, kuryux said:

Tl;DR: Steel path is completely optional and will not affect the gameplay of anyone that is not interested in it... it requires you to clear the whole star chart, thus no noob will attempt it....thus no reason for MR wall.

Not only do I still not see your logic (even if you stop reading after these parenthesis, I honestly feel there's no reason NOT to have an MR lock) but you would be surprised who I have found with the whole Starchart completed yet is completely unprepared for Arbitrations and Steel Path

Edited by TARINunit9
On 2020-07-10 at 8:14 PM, kuryux said:

Just...why? This is very disappointing and utter unecessary 

Really this should be MR 25 lock.

Still seeing new players in Hard mode not even sure what is happening and others end up doing 3 out of 3 hacks for spy missions. Lol new players love getting carried

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

MR denotes nothing...

Just today, joined a Sortie "SPY" mission.

I'm MR10, the others were, MR21, MR24, and MR 27.

Mission starts....they all zoom off top speed, and in less than a minute they ALL failed their "Hacks" and mission was over...

So tell me again how MR proves someone knows WTF to do again?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

MR denotes nothing...

Mission starts....they all zoom off top speed, and in less than a minute they ALL failed their "Hacks" and mission was over...

I honestly wish I had been you in that mission because that sounds hilarious. 

• Like 1

Mastery does not directly equal Competence. Mastery rank is essentially a stat that generally represents the amount of equipment that has passed through one's inventory. However it is a good judgment tool when discussing the AVERAGE player.

It basically operates as a simple gear and playtime check.

Mr10 is a pretty reasonable number. At that point you have access to good enough gear and you should know what you're doing. Chances are, if you naturally progressed to this point you are competent enough to do the exact same star chart missions against tankier targets.

Knowing how to Limbo-cheese speed run Pavlov is not a relevant skill. Owning the Infiltrate augment is not a skill. This is a casual Power fantasy game. Mastery operates as a general, loose progression system. You "hopefully" experience many of the game's weapons, progressively getting stronger ones as you advance. (although it is frustratingly counterintuitive to invest in the stepping stones)

I myself have done a minimal mastery challenge on a new account. Restrained by this limit, I struggled at parts but ultimately completed the main quest line with Mr5. The only reason I could do that is by having extensive game knowledge from substantial playtime on my main. The AVERAGE Mr5 has very little clue what they are doing. The Average Mr10 has a decent idea of what to do and the equipment to do it.

My main point is that Mr gates should be primarily discussed with the AVERAGE player in mind. Not the outliers like Mr challengers.

• Like 2
On 2020-07-10 at 6:35 PM, kuryux said:

This is exactly my opinion! 

It is already locked behind finishing the whole starchart which only requires MR5... if the person can handle the content, no need to force require any MR

Stop complaining and get the MR required.

• Like 2
On 2020-07-15 at 4:26 PM, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

MR denotes nothing...

I wouldn't be surprised if they all tried to blame you for their failure.  

On 2020-07-11 at 2:52 AM, trst said:

The only way it's a problem is for those who maintain mastery zero as a weird flex. Otherwise there is no reason whatsoever to be upset over it.

IMO mr10 is too low of a lock given the types of people saying it's too hard already. It wouldn't help much but it's more likely for players to have the gear for the mode at higher mastery.

MR has never meant a thing tho, pick any arbitrary MR you like, just having said MR does not mean that a player magically has a max rank serration, owns multishot mods, or many other mods, and if they do they wont always have them maxed.  Mods and mod ranks matter, MR has never mattered, since junctions appeared, MR has only been used as a forced timegate mechanic just like anything new added to the game these days...

"Back in the day" before junctions and loads of forced lockouts we managed the starmap perfectly fine, if someone couldnt manage they just played stuff they could manage and carried onwards when ready, no hand-holding required, no whining players on the forums demanding low mr players be kept out of their already faceroll matches, and here we are on a much less open and free warframe.

MR elitist Crybabies is why we have pointless MR bounty lockouts, its why we have a MR5 lock on the oro/earth boss, the only boss to have any MR requirement at all, you can go down the profit taker solo as a lowbie MR player but you arent allowed to fight an easy one because reasons, its why many players sometimes see 1 lowbie player they deem "unfit to be in their match" and they instantly come to post here wanting more lockouts even tho a high MR player can just as easily be as useless/afk/off fishing/whatever.

MR is not like levels in rpg games, it bears zero relevance to a players performance, their performance is always down to mods/mod ranks, dont make a bunch of us zeros post more yt vids of noob frames using noob wpns and clearing up shop.  (still got a vid or 2 of wisp using mk1 gear and trainwrecking)

MR has never been needed as a requirement for anything, simply clearing content should count, if someone cant clear a certain quest/starchart node then theres your natural bottleneck that doesnt annoy anyone, if someone can naturally handle various missions regardless of their rank then that should be their choice.

• Like 2

Has nobody ever heard about progression??? The game shouldn't give you everything on a silver plate!!!

Furthermore, MR 10 is a way too low level for steel path, considering the experience that you got while playing the game to get this rank.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

We need more MR locks. Then people can stop saying it's useless.

I want to hug you, give you a kiss or make you incredibly rich. But because i can't do these i'll just give you a follow, because with that single sentence you just wrote down you proved to me that you're more intelligent than like 50% of the community of this game. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

We need more MR locks. Then people can stop saying it's useless.

Before this happens the xp system needs to be reworked so you have to somewhat earn xp with your weapons and not get so much off others.

On 2020-07-15 at 5:26 PM, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

MR denotes nothing...

While it's true that this can happen it's definitely not the norm. The higher a person's MR the more experienced they generally are and they usually have the mods to back it up. I'm not sure what tile you were on but if it was corpus then we did get a whole bunch of reworked spy rooms with a few tweaks that the community hasn't gotten used to yet.

You can't tell me that a player who earned regular Ivara doesn't know how to play Spy.

On 2020-07-11 at 8:14 AM, kuryux said:

Just...why? This is very disappointing and utter unecessary 

These kind of lock should only be affecting players who decide to go minimalist play style and never make a weapon they don't need. or decided to never take MR test at all and see how far that can push them. 

But if you're posting this, then i guess you are one. Tough luck mate

Because steel path is for experienced players and while I agree that MR means nothing in term of acual skill/knowledge of the game, they don't have many better ways to lock out new players from it.

MR 10 is super easy to get, so what's the deal ? Also before you start asking why steel path has to be locked for new players, I guess the answer is just "because yes. " It is made for experience dplayers and enemies hit harder and tbh as a new players there are maaaany things you should concern with before wanting to do steel path for the flex.

My opinion of course.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-07-17 at 8:11 PM, DatDarkOne said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they all tried to blame you for their failure.  

MR means nothing. I had a MR 28 the other day trying to claim his MR rank meant he knew more than me. However, I had far more hours in game than him, far more DPS, far less damage taken, didn't die once and was literally AFK half the mission in steel path because, who the hell sweats on Warframe? MR rank means nothing.

I really hope they do NOT make steel path easier. In fact, I want it to be harder. Give us special enemies that can negate your powers every so often, or have strong powers of their own. Or buffs to nearby enemies. Anything at all, just give me more reason to have to use the full might of my arsenal to win.

• Like 1

MR locks made more sense for DE in 2014 because back then content was limited/sparse, ppl like myself blasted through the starchart/got all the op gear in 2013/14, then either quit or made a new account and did it all again for the lols/something to do, then MR locks started appearing all over making the game way less open and accessible and only helping many new players to get more frustrated than before resulting in them leaving in droves.  In 2020 there really isnt much point to the lack of openness, ppl should, like at the beginning be able to go at their own pace whenever they like without all these progression limitations (obviously weapon/syndicate/trading/standing stuff is fine) which make zero sense in an rng based game like warframe.

Have 100 ppl start from scratch without any knowledge of warframe and by the time you get all 100 finish the starchart, theres no way all of them will be the same MR, have the same mods, the same mod ranks, or have the same game know-how, warframe isnt a linear progression/lvl based game like wow, MR is worthless at this stage of the game where content is way more plentiful than in 13/14 when DE badly needed ppl to slow down.

for supposed "high lvl/endgame" players, your MR means jack sheet, its all about the mods you own and the ranks of those mods, and what gives all that is time spent, not a frustrating rank that achieves nothing of worth in the present day.

On 2020-07-18 at 8:34 PM, Phobesse said:

Because steel path is for experienced players and while I agree that MR means nothing in term of acual skill/knowledge of the game, they don't have many better ways to lock out new players from it.

MR 10 is super easy to get, so what's the deal ? Also before you start asking why steel path has to be locked for new players, I guess the answer is just "because yes. " It is made for experience dplayers and enemies hit harder and tbh as a new players there are maaaany things you should concern with before wanting to do steel path for the flex.

My opinion of course.

simply completing the starchart and completing quests alone should be more than enough.

On 2020-07-16 at 4:30 AM, (XB1)DeathwishDragon said:

It basically operates as a simple gear and playtime check.

except it doesnt, you could get to MR10-15 and only own garbage tier weapons, it also does not mean the player owns a max rank serration or even owns a split chamber/etc, rank never has and never will represent a gear check or any form of competence.  Mods/Mod ranks matter, not MR.

• Like 1