Steel path MR10 locked

On 2020-07-15 at 11:22 AM, Hayabusa97 said:

• Going Hallway Hero in Defense missions, making retrieving the drops a pain
  • Running in front of people using explosives, causing the shooter to hit them and suffer stagger or knockdown

ok for the first point sometimes you have to if no one else is killing things at a decent rate or placing adequate defences. if i go "hallway hero" its cause my team mates forced me into slaughtering everything before it reaches LOS because they arent doing anything to keep the defense objective alive.

second point.... ya thats actually why i had to sacrifice equilibrium for scarab swarm on my inaros build...

On 2020-07-11 at 4:32 AM, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

I see it as a kind of driving test, similar to how you have to get to Old Mate to earn Hildryn & Baruuk or even have the right to whip an archgun out of your ass.

Stop whining and do your tests.

You just gave probably the worst example and a mistake by DE - locking out content behind terrible grind of 2! syndicates with RNG and obscurity and daily caps so only minority of players bothered with it. And it was right at the time when everyone complained of no content. All the development efforts wasted because most people never get to see it. DE should re-design Fortuna progression, but I guess they just accepted it being a flop, gave up on it and sadly never learned from their mistakes.

Starchart progression with MR locks isn't nearly as bad.

On 2020-07-11 at 2:14 AM, kuryux said:

Just...why? This is very disappointing and utter unecessary 

I don't know how knowledgeable you are but the last thing I want is risking my back reviving you or having to bring myself to assist you to kill an enemy. At least having MR 10 means you at least tried something and would have some grasp on the system on how to deal with high level enemies

On 2020-07-11 at 2:35 AM, kuryux said:

This is exactly my opinion! 

It is already locked behind finishing the whole starchart which only requires MR5... if the person can handle the content, no need to force require any MR

I suggest trying to get a kuva lich and see if you can fight the basic level 100 enemies at level 5 lich alone to find out

On 2020-07-11 at 3:40 AM, Berzerkules said:

Some people are into that sort of stuff though. If there was a gear check instead of a MR lock then anyone could run Steel Path as long as they passed the test.

Steel path is already quite a gear check though, enemies with multiplier on their stats are tough enough that you can't just wipe with one button. I myself might not be able to pass through if not because of my Nyx and my trusty Lato

Getting to MR10 is really easy. I also think it's a good thing to put a requirement on a hard gamemode that's designed to be challenging and require min-maxed builds.

Just level a couple MK1 guns and MR fodder guns during a double affinity weekend and you'll be good to go.

Personally , I think it sucks getting matchmade with MR5 Players that deal 1% of the damage and kill two enemies in a whole steel path mission... And I'm hoping the MR10 requirement will at least guarantee the player at least has a couple decent weapons and frames to run the gamemode with.

22 hours ago, Monolake said:

You just gave probably the worst example and a mistake by DE - locking out content behind terrible grind of 2! syndicates with RNG and obscurity and daily caps so only minority of players bothered with it. And it was right at the time when everyone complained of no content. All the development efforts wasted because most people never get to see it. DE should re-design Fortuna progression, but I guess they just accepted it being a flop, gave up on it and sadly never learned from their mistakes.

Starchart progression with MR locks isn't nearly as bad.

In other words... You want everything 'now' yes?

It's actually necessary to block it since low MR players will think that they can handle it and oh surprise they will fail every mision they try because they are not up to the task yet, and they will get frustrated and never go back to it. So... it's a wise move to leave it blocked, it should actually be blocked for people above MR 15 but... oh well.. [DE] still baby-sitting their moaning new players.

Edited by FaridRLz