Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Request -- Inaros: Anubis Exalted On High

Well, I watched a couple different vids about this design for Inaros Prime, but we unfortunately didn't receive it (Prime Sand Boi still looks cool, however). Maybe a Tennogen designer could create something quite similar?

Here are the links:

https://richenks.artstation.com/projects/0Xa8nK

https://richenks.artstation.com/projects/nQ4Y26

https://richenks.artstation.com/projects/gJ9nkm

Well, there's already an Anubis helmet in the game for Inaros, with the exact name, and a lot of parts of the skin would require modification of the body's model in order to properly reflect the look (which can't be done through TennoGen). 

But I'm going to be honest with you, that design don't really seem like they would fit Warframe. WF's designs are mostly done with allusions to what is being represented  e.g. the in-game Anubis helm looking like a dog's head but not completely. This design, while nice looking, breaks that established rule. 

4 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Well, there's already an Anubis helmet in the game for Inaros, with the exact name, and a lot of parts of the skin would require modification of the body's model in order to properly reflect the look (which can't be done through TennoGen). 

But I'm going to be honest with you, that design don't really seem like they would fit Warframe. WF's designs are mostly done with allusions to what is being represented  e.g. the in-game Anubis helm looking like a dog's head but not completely. This design, while nice looking, breaks that established rule. 

Liger's offerings pretty much defenestrate your theory wholesale.

1 hour ago, -Kittens- said:

Nidus Deluxe

Excalibur Deluxe

Atlas Deluxe

Okay, so what about those skins in which they don't do allusions? Because if you're trying to point out certain things like Nidus Phryke's eyeballs or Atlas Karst's gems, sure, you could say that there is nothing to allude there, however that would require ignoring how those are only parts and components of the entire piece. That would be unfair.

41 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Okay, so what about those skins in which they don't do allusions? Because if you're trying to point out certain things like Nidus Phryke's eyeballs or Atlas Karst's gems, sure, you could say that there is nothing to allude there, however that would require ignoring how those are only parts and components of the entire piece. That would be unfair.

Atlas Deluxe seem to fit the Warframe motif just fine, since gems do exist in Warframe.

OP isn't wrong about Excalibur Deluxe, however. Put him side by side to other warframes and he just looks so out of place. Dude literally resembles a samurai/kimono robe (well maybe not 100% but the allusion is clearly there). The same argument can be made for Nezha Deluxe albeit he looks more like a Chinese Lion Statue in his case. What's with the hat? What's with the jade balls? What's with the ornamental patterns?  I thought Warframes were supposed to be Orokin in nature and not Japanese/Asian? Case in point, Orokin design is round, exquisite, and luxurious based on what we see in the game itself. 

I get Warframe's tagline/motto, but some of these skins are a little too on the nose if we want to talk about what fits the Warframe theme and what doesn't. DE's rule is flip-floppy and inconsistent.

Even Ash, Warframe's true space ninja, doesn't resemble that closely to something you see in real life.

13 minutes ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

Atlas Deluxe seem to fit the Warframe motif just fine, since gems do exist in Warframe.

OP isn't wrong about Excalibur Deluxe, however. Put him side by side to other warframes and he just looks so out of place. Dude literally resembles a samurai/kimono robe (well maybe not 100% but the allusion is clearly there). The same argument can be made for Nezha Deluxe albeit he looks more like a Chinese Lion Statue in his case. What's with the hat? What's with the jade balls? What's with the ornamental patterns?  I thought Warframes were supposed to be Orokin in nature and not Japanese/Asian? Case in point, Orokin design is round, exquisite, and luxurious based on what we see in the game itself. 

I get Warframe's tagline/motto, but some of these skins are a little too on the nose if we want to talk about what fits the Warframe theme and what doesn't. DE's rule is flip-floppy and inconsistent.

Even Ash, Warframe's true space ninja, doesn't resemble that closely to something you see in real life.

As you are speculating on the design choices about those skins, you're kind of proving the allusion aspect of them. And I'm not talking about whether or not they look "in-line" with other Warframes, again, it's about how they have allusion within their designs. Also, "supposed to be Orokin in nature" doesn't exactly make sense when you consider certain Warframes that break from the usual Orokin aesthetic (Atlas, Nidus, Inaros, Gauss) and how most base Warframes don't really follow the style either; it's mainly the Primes that do.

And look, while it may be obvious what these skins are meant to be referencing, it's not to say that you still can't draw comparisons to their real-life counterparts. That's the point.

Also, to make a note on Ash, while he definitely doesn't resemble something of a real-life ninja, you have to consider how he does resemble a bug. And some bugs are very good at camouflage and stealth, some are very good at taking down others, and some excel at being able to survive and persevere; things that are commonly associated with the skills of a ninja.

I'd be down for a tennogen Anubis skin. I know he has two but I'd like to see an Anubis Helmet designed in Tenogen to see what someone else can come up with. 

The Deluxe skin helmet really only works with the deluxe skin. His alt helm is cool too But I'd really like to see another artists take a shot at it.

On 2020-07-13 at 1:29 PM, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I'd be down for a tennogen Anubis skin. I know he has two but I'd like to see an Anubis Helmet designed in Tenogen to see what someone else can come up with. 

The Deluxe skin helmet really only works with the deluxe skin. His alt helm is cool too But I'd really like to see another artists take a shot at it.

Now the prime is released, I gotta admit I prefer his deluxe skin helmet with his prime body over his prime helmet. His prime helmet seems way too big, out of place, and it just doesn't sit right on the neck/shoulders, especially from behind. Still cool though. I'm sad it looks 1000x less cool since it looks all blurry, washed out, and vaselined on the Switch. I have this problem with a lot of skins, but the more detailed ones end up looking like a blown up 3DS game. I hope cross save has had some decent progress worked on. I'd love to see it on PS4 Pro/PS5 graphics.

Kinda went on a tangent there, but oh well.

I know exactly what the rules stipulate, and thirdly several regular artists are perfectly free to modify the mesh and uv as needed, so maybe try harder.

Nothing prevents something like this from being released through either channel, period.

43 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

I know exactly what the rules stipulate, and thirdly several regular artists are perfectly free to modify the mesh and uv as needed, so maybe try harder.

Nothing prevents something like this from being released through either channel, period.

You clearly don't if you think the body model can be modified through TennoGen, because again, it can't. DE will deny any Warframe skin that even slightly edits it. Mesh and model are one in the same.

On 2020-07-18 at 2:51 PM, Scruffel said:

You clearly don't if you think the body model can be modified through TennoGen, because again, it can't. DE will deny any Warframe skin that even slightly edits it. Mesh and model are one in the same.

Can't helmets be made from scratch? That may be enough to create something similar to this. And this honestly sounds like a DE issue -- they should be less conservative with Tennogen.

59 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Can't helmets be made from scratch? That may be enough to create something similar to this. And this honestly sounds like a DE issue -- they should be less conservative with Tennogen.

Yes, alternate helmets can be either a retexture of the default helmet or a new model. And considering that reference art, I doubt it. It would probably have to require changing Inaros's neck model (which, yes, that's also apart of the body).

And seeing the restriction of body model changing as an issue in the first place, is already coming up with a bad assumption around it. Mainly, it's for technical reasons and time. A new model would require a complete re-rigging of the entire skeleton, taking a lot of time, while a retexture would only require re-regging using the already existing model for the Warframe and take less time. Even if the change to the model is small, it would still count as it's own separate one. Add in the fact that technical issues could arise during the process that might make the skin rejected during the rigging process, and keep in mind that, usually Winners are announced when the models are completely finished being implemented within the game. That would create issues where DE may have to edit the TennoGen items themselves, and considering they have an hands-off approach in terms of certain design decisions made by creators, I don't think would want to risk breaking that precedent.

19 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Yes, alternate helmets can be either a retexture of the default helmet or a new model. And considering that reference art, I doubt it. It would probably have to require changing Inaros's neck model (which, yes, that's also apart of the body).

And seeing the restriction of body model changing as an issue in the first place, is already coming up with a bad assumption around it. Mainly, it's for technical reasons and time. A new model would require a complete re-rigging of the entire skeleton, taking a lot of time, while a retexture would only require re-regging using the already existing model for the Warframe and take less time. Even if the change to the model is small, it would still count as it's own separate one. Add in the fact that technical issues could arise during the process that might make the skin rejected during the rigging process, and keep in mind that, usually Winners are announced when the models are completely finished being implemented within the game. That would create issues where DE may have to edit the TennoGen items themselves, and considering they have an hands-off approach in terms of certain design decisions made by creators, I don't think would want to risk breaking that precedent.

Oh ok, I see it now. That's unfortunate...

is it posible to give inaros some dragon and spawn looks, or at least to not infinge that we get some flotilla or alien illustrations, i have some sahagin ideas for water mode, and feathers for flying after thinking about his rework in the warframe forum which inspired me to think that he should get some features and new skins for tennogen, xenotime, and shapeshifting vampire inmind vanhelsing, and exodia, but we could play with the idea that the corpus blueprint of inaros has some superficial leathering and the grineer version and weapons or kitguns are spoofs and lacking toys which players find in the bounties and mods that enhance replay and steel of both and story loot.

On 2020-07-17 at 7:21 PM, Ascythian said:

Still not Tennogen,

hey i lik eur glyph, its like a water dragon, i think there should be a inaros made like that which has prowess on water and grass while his other powers of sand are sarcophagus based abilities and the new revive mechanic lets u fight as a spirit undertaking or transformign the enemies enarby into statues and snakes, I suppose a hydra form is what is called when you are like claysand and creature like the sahagin, inaros could be just that in water.

OMG.  I'd buy six of these!  WHY can't we get something like this for Inaros?  He's the single most-played Tankframe in the game, and yet apparently all the Tennogen designers are too busy creating new butt-models for Wisp to build even a single new Inaros set.  😞

Archived