Jump to content
  • 0
Hypnos

Trade ban for 2hr long SP run?

Question

Posted (edited)

Whats wrong with DE 80ts? I stayed only 2 hrs with my Khora friend yet i got banned ( he got banned earlier for 4hr run). Now i can't trade, only way to find out i can't was by trying to trade, atleast send me an email informing i was tradebanned....
Ez.png?width=1159&height=566 
lol.png

Edited by Hypnos
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

A bot is a bot, sucks though, where were you wow nice hail of Steel Essence. Most I've got so far is one from one planet. 😞 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

A bot is a bot, sucks though, where were you wow nice hail of Steel Essence. Most I've got so far is one from one planet. 😞 

Eris Zabala

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Speaking of bots, I'd say your post will be locked soon once a Mod/admin gets a ping ding or whatever they receive when a word is in the Bot filter. 🙂 
 

Edit:
Thank you for the info.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

Whats wrong with DE bots? I stayed only 2 hrs with my Khora friend yet i got banned ( he got banned earlier for 4hr run). Now i can't trade, only way to find out i can't was by trying to trade, atleast send me an email informing i was tradebanned....

You got more than what DE expected, so you were banned. Apparently DE don't care that you can buy boosters or use loot manipulation frames. They just ban people. DE needed to review this when they started releasing things like the Orbs. But they haven't.

  • WF is the only game I have played that bans you for using the boosters you can acquire in-game.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm actually wondering if the it was the massive damage/kill imbalance that triggered it. Khora is gonna own just about everything and the disparity between the two could have fulfilled one of the bot checks for a temp ban on trading. Since normally you need to be going into the much longer times. It is also possible that the active boosters contributed to hitting the resource threshold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This is the reasons I limit myself to 2 hours 30 minutes on any endless content. It's a completely over zealous bot that needs to be adjusted or have a member of staff look at each report the bot generates so there's at least some human element making the final decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You got more than what DE expected, so you were banned. Apparently DE don't care that you can buy boosters or use loot manipulation frames. They just ban people. DE needed to review this when they started releasing things like the Orbs. But they haven't.

  • WF is the only game I have played that bans you for using the boosters you can acquire in-game.

It stems from people who abused the system and hacked resources back in the day while also using bots. They can't catch em all so they have blanket criteria. Its unfortunate, but without it the hackers/botters fly free to disrupt everything. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

It stems from people who abused the system and hacked resources back in the day while also using bots. They can't catch em all so they have blanket criteria. Its unfortunate, but without it the hackers/botters fly free to disrupt everything. 

I don't accept this. DE needs to re-adjust what could be achieved and stop punishing people for playing normally. People that "hack/bot" to get things probably generate profit for DE. They will end up with extra mods to sell. And since resources cannot be sold (most) it is basically a non-issue. DE's handling of it is pretty poor. They need to do a much better job of punishing genuine cheaters, and not people that are spending money to support the game. 

  • Telling people to stop spending money or risk getting banned is a strange approach. But it is what DE chose. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I don't accept this. DE needs to re-adjust what could be achieved and stop punishing people for playing normally. People that "hack/bot" to get things probably generate profit for DE. They will end up with extra mods to sell. And since resources cannot be sold (most) it is basically a non-issue. DE's handling of it is pretty poor. They need to do a much better job of punishing genuine cheaters, and not people that are spending money to support the game. 

  • Telling people to stop spending money or risk getting banned is a strange approach. But it is what DE chose. 

It is what it is. While I agree they should have a different system that's on DE to take care of whether we accept it or not it's the reality. Forums, Youtubers, Reddit, and other gaming forms have been railing on this for years. And DE just can't give out the criteria since that would just make it so it would be easy to get around.

Having some familiarity with the anti cheat systems in other games I can say that unless you have a human check every single instance that the bot is a necessary evil. There are variables and thresholds that are met that trigger certain marks get enough of them and you get a ban. If you have too many an actual person will look at your data to determine if you are a human or not. FFXIV is literally banning thousands of accounts during their purges there is no human way to keep up with them all. Little funny video below to show you what I mean. The sheer volume is astronomical so it's the lesser of two evils. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

It's not about how long you play, it's about the amount of resource you get from one mission. A player with resource booster + kavat charm has a shorter limit than players who don't have those.

3~4 hours is just a benchmark for normal mode for when you should consider resetting the mission if you don't want to get a trade ban. I suspect the time would be much lower for steel path provided that there are given drop chance boosters plus the increase of enemies spawn.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...