Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon: Looking Toward August 1.


[DE]Rebecca

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

I would disagree on "most". Only seems like that because that is all that DE listens to recently. Look at the disasters of the lich, railjack, and SS updates. They are still trying to fix stuff from all of those and are just more of the same issues that have been plaguing warframe for years (islands of content). Then look at DE's behavior when it has come to stuff on twitter. Absolutely disgusting how they have handled recent things, then turned around and 2-faced us. It seems like the only players who "trust" in DE are those that don't care much about the game or community.

Idk what is the majority opinion, but I do know that in my community of long time players, some founders included, we have very little trust if any at all in DE, let alone any pride.

There have indeed been some rough updates, but all in all I see DE improving. IMO, the reason that some older vets are not happy about the direction of the game is because the game is evolving and changing. Change is not always liked by everyone. Not possible to make everyone happy. I mean the founders are indeed important, but everyone talks about them like they are the council of Warframe and it's just their opinion that matters. Like they have a right to dictate what the game becomes. (To be clear, I have not actually seen a forder themselves act that way, just people treating them that way)

I care very much about the game and the community, that's why I imbrase that not every since new idea is going to be exactly what I want, or even something I like. So far I do like at least something about each new update, but I am sure that sooner or later a mode will come along that I have no intrest in, and..... that's OK. I would rather DE keep their vision and try new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but its always something new and different. I like DE because they are the most human developers outside of the Inde scene. They talk to us (oviously not everyone, that would be pretty hard now), they engage on various media platforms outside of just one inhuman company channel. They treat there community very well, with the way Tennogen and Fanforge have prophet sharing, and the super amount of support they give their fan artists. I know the partner program is in flux right now, and I do indeed hope that the new system will be great for the content creators.

All in all, I have not seen anything handled in an 'absolutely disgusting' way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truth be told I'm hoping very little, if any, new content is announced. What I want more than anything is a plan, specific and already in the works, on fixing Warframe and fulfilling the promise of Railjack, the Lich system, and Nightwave.

I know this year has been "different" and I do appreciate the difficulties of the world as it is. I just hope that the difficulty of producing new content has given DE the opportunity to look at what is already in the game, at what works and what doesn't.

As usual, I remain cautiously hopeful.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The elephant in the room (with Tencent poised to snag and consume [DE]'s backers Leyou, will we even HAVE a Tennocon 2021...or even a Warframe worth playing?) aside... I have not leapt onto the hate-wagon, as a number of the community have for the devs and game its self. 
I am proud that DE stood up for Black Lives Matter, proud that chances are being taken with the game (albeit in very unpolished fashion; re Steel Path) and that aesthetically and kinetically the game keeps improving in leaps and bounds.

I am truly sad myself and Void knows how many other Tenno will not be able to thank you folks in person for your efforts or be able to peek behind the curtain.  But, y'know... PLAGUE tends to kaibosh everyones plans.  Hopefully whatever entity buys out Leyou will leave you all alone to keep doing what you are doing without being forced to enact predatory monetization and paid DLC's.  Beacuse [DE] has been that one light to shine above the putrid mire that is the AAA game cess-pile as it stand today, and has (nay-sayers need not reply) managed to keep their integrity to the core mission statement of the game.

Respect and luv to you all at the home-studios (may you be able to get back to the barn and dust off ole Excalibro in the lounge).

Stay safe.
Keep the faith.
...and always keep you Skana sharp, Tenno!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you DE for learning your lesson to not overhyping too much of your ambitious WIP projects that is still in heavy development. That move only set your audience for disappointment


I look forward to August 1st! Hopefully you can finally start merging Railjack into the main star chart!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-07-11 at 2:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Digital TennoCon August 1, 2020: Theme: From the Heart.

  • We have had 1 year of Updates, experience, and very important lessons since our last TennoCon.
  • We have to do something different - not just literally because there’s a pandemic, but also ambition wise because we are separated. We are not ready to deliver on literal expectations of The New War or The Duviri Paradox just yet with no studio, so we develop something that is not intended to be a Demo, but intended to be shipped closer to Tennocon (when it’s ready). 
  • We put all our energy, love, and care into making something special and just hope that it will work, because we want Warframe’s community to be proud(*). 

(*). Footnotes: This has always been the case, the dream, the goal. This will never not be true. 

Then stop making decisions with the gameplay loop that are so boneheaded you put Pachycepholsaurs to shame.

People use the Xoris because it's convenient, it's not even better than riven stat sticks.  Gotta nerf that into the dirt, we'll call it "too strong".  It was "needed" but only because you hinge so many systems on top of one another.

People use anything other than Naramon or Zenurik on the star chart?  Better find those outliers and chloroform them before they get away.  RIP Vazarin healing, we'll just make it heal flat amounts, what could possibly go wrong in a game that has objectives (and enemies) with health that scales up.  194k hp on the Hydron objective, god bless the person who thought to allow it to regen health, because that's 30 #*!%ing goddamned minutes to heal it from "critical" health otherwise using Vazarin's "Protective Dash" (100hp/s for 5s).

People want "end game content"?  Let's rush out Liches and Railjack in a state so underpolished you'd get your bunk flipped in the military over it.  I enjoyed Railjack, even in its broken state, but it WAS broken, and to some extent you can still find hints of bugs lying around.  EX: Archwing slingshot breaks after a single-use.  Liches ... I think I've shared my opinions about how godawful the lich system was at release, and thank goodness you, as a company, managed to tone it back.  


https://imgur.com/a/BipQMEj

While others may have forgotten, I haven't.  I've hit an all-time low with this nauseating experience you keep throwing out.  There's a reason I want the "feedback" forums renamed to the "feedback loop" forums.  You're not after "feedback" you're after "confirmation bias".  My anger and frustration with DE as a company is hitting a fever-pitch.  I'm really really close to backing out of Warframe entirely, even after the several thousands of dollars I've spent on this game.  When I do finally hit that breaking point, it's gonna be fascinating.

If you want me to be "proud" of DE, you're going to stop making boneheaded decisions with lies attached to them as justification.  Granted I'm just a lowly member of the community, but this is getting ridiculous, and I can only hope ya'll figure out what you want in your sometimes "power fantasy" sometimes "brutal reality" most times "just broken" game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Digital TennoCon August 1, 2020: Theme: From the Heart.

Hey Reb (and all of DE) I've been here for near the start. I look forward to seeing what you have to show. Take care, and be safe. Who knows I might even manage to get from the UK for Canada for the next one.

Be well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

There have indeed been some rough updates, but all in all I see DE improving. IMO, the reason that some older vets are not happy about the direction of the game is because the game is evolving and changing. Change is not always liked by everyone. Not possible to make everyone happy. I mean the founders are indeed important, but everyone talks about them like they are the council of Warframe and it's just their opinion that matters. Like they have a right to dictate what the game becomes. (To be clear, I have not actually seen a forder themselves act that way, just people treating them that way)

I care very much about the game and the community, that's why I imbrase that not every since new idea is going to be exactly what I want, or even something I like. So far I do like at least something about each new update, but I am sure that sooner or later a mode will come along that I have no intrest in, and..... that's OK. I would rather DE keep their vision and try new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but its always something new and different. I like DE because they are the most human developers outside of the Inde scene. They talk to us (oviously not everyone, that would be pretty hard now), they engage on various media platforms outside of just one inhuman company channel. They treat there community very well, with the way Tennogen and Fanforge have prophet sharing, and the super amount of support they give their fan artists. I know the partner program is in flux right now, and I do indeed hope that the new system will be great for the content creators.

All in all, I have not seen anything handled in an 'absolutely disgusting' way.

I truly don't see them improving. They continue making the same mistakes over and over basically ever since PoE. What I don't think you realize is that nothing is really changing, nor has ever since the removal of raids and the introduction of PoE. Everything since then has just been "islands of content". Many actual vets I know, and myself though I wouldn't consider myself a "vet", want to see the game change for the better. However in my social circle, we haven't seen anything that gets our hopes up in years.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that DE hasn't been seen in a long time. They only talk to those who praise them or give them soft ball questions. When they removed raids, they only listened to the people who wanted them gone. We got ESO in it's place... They have a recent history of avoiding addressing any criticism, both of the game and what they say/act socially. DE even tried to label people who gave criticism during their "beta testing weekend" as "hateplayers".

Oh trust me, there is plenty to show that DE have completely mishandled many situations in the worst of ways. DE just never will admit it on their own, the only time when they have is when the community is overwhelmingly vocal about it. Even then, more times than not, we are given some lame excuse then DE never actually acts on it. Just wait for the new partner program to come out and pay very close attention. The only way that won't result in backlash from the community is if they do something that I know they never will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Shemarria said:

I am proud that DE stood up for Black Lives Matter,

I"m proud they stood for Black live Matter,,  DE will always " Use their voice" for human rights.  I was so happy they spoke up for Hong Kong too.  and didnt go silent like the NBA and  Blizzard cause of money....  O  WAIT.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2020 has been.. a year, that’s for sure.

I’m excited nonetheless to see what the future of Warframe holds. Hopefully I’ll be able to join the stream (new job, but did mention that I needed August 1st off), and see what’s to come.

Stay safe and try to relax. See you guys soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope we hear something about the new community warframe! And that hard mode comes out! I'm looking forward to a more consistent way to farm riven (shards). 

And, wow - there's a very vocal minority of people who just can't be satisfied. They hate DE, they hate Warframe, they hate the rest of the community - can't help but wonder why they're still here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SUM1R3 said:

I hope we hear something about the new community warframe! And that hard mode comes out! I'm looking forward to a more consistent way to farm riven (shards). 

And, wow - there's a very vocal minority of people who just can't be satisfied. They hate DE, they hate Warframe, they hate the rest of the community - can't help but wonder why they're still here.

Easy there, nobody's "hating" on anything or anyone. There are actions and consequences, people should not be tagged a "hater" as long as their point of view becomes uncomfortable for somebody. "Hate" is a very strong word, and certainly not the qualified one for this situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brucieman64 said:

Easy there, nobody's "hating" on anything or anyone. There are actions and consequences, people should not be tagged a "hater" as long as their point of view becomes uncomfortable for somebody. "Hate" is a very strong word, and certainly not the qualified one for this situation.

I'm sorry, but you haven't really said anything at all except that the haters shouldn't be called haters because it makes them look bad. I'm indifferent to that, as it is a consequence of their actions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then you are a hater of the haters. You joined the club you disliked.

You don't need to search too hard, even in this very post there are comments that show why people are responding with criticism to an actual dev post.

And they're not straight out insulting yet, that would make them "haters", as all that they would have is, hate.

The difference is trying still to make it work, still trying to use logic, reason. But I don't expect you to understand.

Seeing a mechanic, system, ui or weapon design getting trashed into oblivion, for example the Tonkor, and no, I do not mean the damage, I mean the design. Again, the DESIGN, not the damage output. It had bouncing grenades, and a few other quirky behaviours that made it unique. I am hurt to see it today, for it is not the Tonkor I fell in love with. Again, not the damage. Design, feel of the weapon.

If wanting my Tonkor back makes me a hater, so be it. Better angry than naive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love railjack and Lich's and I cant wait to have more of that.....but yea I wish you guys would double down on open world maps.   We need more of them,  the ones we have now could use some more love/iteration.    I love love love the organic hunting/conservation you can do in PoE.  Animals are just running around and you dont have to track or call them,  you just look around you.   When I show newbs how to do this to gain standing they are always excited to.  

Most of the game is shoot, stab, kill kill kill.  So having these recreational area's where you can do relaxing things like fish or mine rocks or hunt animals is really cool. 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...