Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

steel path & vay hek

fr4gb4ll

so i just tried the oro node and ofc no one joined here for reasons every veteran knows: bugged and ѕhitty mission with a boss that has too small a hit zone, is too often invulnerable and on top of this heals himself far too often and much...

this was mildly annoying in normal mode and a wast of time in sortie mode but now with this arse being lvl 125 and his little ѕhits between 90 and 110 (as far as i saw them) the whole figth is finally enough to rage quit the game - for the mission and i'm sure that for some players even for good, especially since you never, ever, felt about to do a 'rework' to this worst mission in the whole game.

and here i though farming those blood color pigments were the lowest moment in my warframe tolerance... thank you for proving me wrong - this one beats even that.

so ffs, before creating more contend, rework those things (especially THIS one)... OR, prove that anyone at DE can solo this bugger (without any cheats you like to use in the steams, ofc). me, i tried it for 2 and a half hour before alt+f4'ing out and i sure had my top loadout with me too - stuff that usually kills about anything lower than lvl250 in a blink. the problem isn't the amount of health and armor vay hek has at lvl 125, it's the way the mission is designed. and about everything in the mission-design is bad and just made for stretching the fight out - which might be ok in the level range for what it original was designed for but not for the steel path (and i bet you never even tried all the 'special' fights on the map with the steel path condition)

19 minutes ago, Syln said:

This fight is a masterpiece in term of time waste and frustration.

They should give us a "middle finger" glyph when completing this node :3

Which is weird, considering his big bird phase is a pretty good fight once he can finally take a hit. Like, seriously, how do you get that much wrong with phase one and then make a good phase 2?

As for OP - I did it with Rhino, a Corrosive-built Fulmin (he's most vulnerable to that) and with the knowledge that Hek can heal himself off of the other mooks, so they're top priority. Because, y'know he wasn't fun enough already.

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

this was mildly annoying in normal mode and a wast of time in sortie mode but now with this arse being lvl 125 and his little ѕhits between 90 and 110 (as far as i saw them) the whole figth is finally enough to rage quit the game - for the mission and i'm sure that for some players even for good, especially since you never, ever, felt about to do a 'rework' to this worst mission in the whole game.

I agree that his health gate mechanism where he covers his face after taking too much damage is a bit annoying in steel path. It's not hard, but takes a long time. I think it was 20+ total gates before I got him to second phase. Other than that repetitiveness, I find the fight quite fun! It's one of the only times in Warframe where good aim is rewarded.

bugged and ѕhitty mission with a boss that has too small a hit zone

I didn't find it hard to shoot him in the face, the hitbox seems pretty big to me. Have you tried turning off Vsync in settings? That can help aim quite a bit!

so ffs, before creating more contend, rework those things (especially THIS one)... OR, prove that anyone at DE can solo this bugger (without any cheats you like to use in the steams, ofc). me, i tried it for 2 and a half hour before alt+f4'ing out and i sure had my top loadout with me too - stuff that usually kills about anything lower than lvl250 in a blink

I'm not sure exactly what you did wrong. I managed it solo in ~17 minutes. Once he goes into second phase you can switch to melee, and melee being so incredibly OP takes him down in 20 seconds!

the problem isn't the amount of health and armor vay hek has at lvl 125, it's the way the mission is designed. and about everything in the mission-design is bad and just made for stretching the fight out - which might be ok in the level range for what it original was designed for but not for the steel path (and i bet you never even tried all the 'special' fights on the map with the steel path condition)

Personally I think the fight is fun and rewarding. It's one of the only fights that brings something for players who like a challenge. I like the mission and boss design. The only complaint I would have is to allow more damage within each health gate - to reduce the total number of health gates, thereby speeding up the fight but keeping the same level of difficulty. Keep in mind also that they had players playtesting steel path before release, and this does not seem to be a common problem. It's possible that you chose the wrong damage type, or had some unknown bug. Vay Hek at 125 is tough for sure, but not compared to the difficulty in most other games.

For reference: I used Protea, Stradavar Prime, Arca Sisco, Dakra Prime.

Can you share your loadout and builds? Perhaps we can help you figure out a better strategy.

OR, prove that anyone at DE can solo this bugger (without any cheats you like to use in the steams, ofc). me, i tried it for 2 and a half hour before alt+f4'ing out

Supposedly Pablo knows what he is doing, I'd expect him to have no problems with this boss.

By the way, I ended his first phase with exactly 6 shots from my Rubico Prime.

Except plenty of ppl S#&$ on it. I'll admit it's an annoying fight, but there are optimal builds which can manage him okay. You have loadouts, you can adapt to something that is suppose to be a challenge.

The feature should be improved, but it's fairly easy in a decent squad, and doesn't require this much fuss. I'll beat it for you if you like. 

3 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i sure had my top loadout with me too - stuff that usually kills about anything lower than lvl250 in a blink.

Actually, mind posting how you modded your gun and Warframe? Judging by how much trouble you have even with regular Vay Hek, I am 99% certain you make a silly beginner mistake like using the wrong element or running Inaros (or both).

5 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Dunno why everyone is finding this fight hard in steel path. I literally finished steel path vay hek with heat+corrosive Armor strip kohm and viral condition overload redeemer prime in under 5 mins

There was also a guy that did it with Inaros and Redeemer, though cant find the vid.

20 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Which is weird, considering his big bird phase is a pretty good fight once he can finally take a hit. Like, seriously, how do you get that much wrong with phase one and then make a good phase 2?

oh, a lot:

• no one want to do this crap mission, so it's just me doing it
  • ofc, i had no corrosive build on my loadout (yeah, i know, silly move - but i though what worked well for a sortie 3 vay hek still can do the trick a few level higher)
  • my kavat made the bugger constantly rotating around... i let her die after 90 min of trying to blow off his face, after that it went a tad better, still with the permanent mag-procs on me, hitting his face was like doing drunken kun fu against a moskito.
  • the bugger somehow got grineers i didn't even saw sucked out (the mag procs sure didn't improved my visibility there neither)
  • somehow vay hek can't get viral proc, which i had paracesis build with... not that it matters much because melee-hitting his dumb face is everything but easy (mag-proc or not in this case)
  • did i mentioned the permanent influx of little ѕhits that not really bothered me but either distracting the big ѕhit (vh - cuz he was more or less perma radiated from me) or feeding him?
  • him, getting stucked in the environment making it easy for me spit in his eyes? oh wait, that went toward my favor - still didn't help much either...  seriously, without those 'stuck-birdy' phases i would never got him into phase 2 at all, for when this happened the influx of little ѕhits also stoped for a while (until he got out again).

tbh, i would have done it if i had a correct damage type build with me, but that isn't really my point here - the bad design of the mission is, and this was an issue for as long as i play the game (which is also quite a while). it was never fun and never really difficult either, it only was always a pain in the arse mission people liked to ignore whenever they could. DE has already reworked some bosses, and i strongly opt for bloody hek to be the very next one in this line (there are other pita-bosses that also would qualify, i know, but he is beating them by lengths)

btw, my loadout was inaros (even with a rank 5 nullifier arcane - which somehow don't prevent the damn 'visual' distortion even though the 105% chance... guess that's only for the damage and the energy reduction, which i don't care about as inaros...) build as the perfect tank (meaning i didn't even blink when everyone there was shooting at me and calling me names), a cat (smeeta), a kitgun (yeah, nearly pure radiation...) which makes short process with level 250 buggers and the also the fulmin (sadly, it was still radiation build from a mission earlier the day and not the usual corrosive.

i would have been ok with all the crap mission design if the arsehead wouldn't  be allowed to heal himself from his grunts across the area without me ever seeing them - i actually had him down below 50% (multiple times) in his 2nd phase, but after once again he completely healed him for the 5th or 6th time i finall had enough of it.

21 hours ago, Syln said:

This fight is a masterpiece in term of time waste and frustration.

They should give us a "middle finger" glyph when completing this node :3

^^ totally this ^^

20 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I find the fight quite fun! It's one of the only times in Warframe where good aim is rewarded.

thanks for implying my aim sucks... it does not btw, i did hit him quite well (after i got rid of my agro cat which made him frantic all of the time - guess he's allergic against them) - not that i can say this with 100% accuracy since i was 'blurred out' most of the fight, but i did saw 'numbers' rising whenever he showed his ugly mug - radiation just didn't do much though...

oh btw, if you find this fight fun, then i guess you never farm him for the damn color pigments all alone, right? if so, try it out and have 'fun' with him not dropping anything more often than he does... also a bug as old vay hek himself, and never fixed (or even tried afaik).

20 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I'm not sure exactly what you did wrong. I managed it solo in ~17 minutes. Once he goes into second phase you can switch to melee, and melee being so incredibly OP takes him down in 20 seconds!

indeed, that is how usually solo him in a sortie too - but beside the 2 hours throwing radioactive pebbles at him to get there, my paracesis was modded for viral, which did not proc him at all and even though i did got him down to 50% several times, he always healed himself with some grunts not even close by... if he would be required to go to them at least to 'feed' himself on them, this would also had taken me a few more minutes (after the 1st phase disaster).

17 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Actually, mind posting how you modded your gun and Warframe? Judging by how much trouble you have even with regular Vay Hek, I am 99% certain you make a silly beginner mistake like using the wrong element or running Inaros (or both).

sure, radiation didn't help - i though i had my fulmin at the usual corrosive build... but then again, i usually can use my (nearly) 100% radiation kitung (rattleguts, crit build with riven for it) for making short work of him in sortie - and yes, inaros was the frame which isn't anything like a silly mistake for i don't need pansy rhino ironskin for anything in the game - afterall inaraos wasn't the problem in this fight. i could have stand still for an hour without getting even 1/4 of health damage from the presen comanpy there. the only real reason a rhino would have been helpfull is his roar, and that's all for it - the distortion effect from vh's silly attack is of little consequence for me since i do know very well where his mug is (though i guess seeing the rest of the battlefield more clearly might have been a boone).

still, that all is beside the point that the mission is and always was a time waster and full of bugs that never were attended to - and only for that alone a rework would be needed.

13 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

Dunno why everyone is finding this fight hard in steel path. I literally finished steel path vay hek with heat+corrosive Armor strip kohm and viral condition overload redeemer prime in under 5 mins

ahhhaa, guess you can then make a vid out of it to prove it? else i call you a prime boaster...

13 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

There was also a guy that did it with Inaros and Redeemer, though cant find the vid.

now that's my hero now - ofc, he didn't show what rivens there were involved (the shedu sure looks suspiciously strong there). and yes, redeemer is a great way to deal with him, even withou a riven... at least in a sortie it is (to bad the new gun blade sucks at range, or it would be even better).

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

I didn't have any issues with Vay Hek. Just Rhino with a Sniper and Sarpa to strip armor.

The Ropalolyst bugs on the other hand....

sniper.... urgh... well, if it works for you - but ofc, you talking about rubico with a riven in it, right?

funy enough i found the ropalolyst rather easy - but don't do it in a team or one of the many still present bugs will make it a pain in the arse.

Just now, fr4gb4ll said:

sniper.... urgh... well, if it works for you - but ofc, you talking about rubico with a riven in it, right?

Snipetron Vandal with a Riven. Though, you don't need Riven Mods in Warframe. They are just luxury. Rubico Prime with a good mod setup will work fine.

Just now, Voltage said:

Snipetron Vandal with a Riven. Though, you don't need Riven Mods in Warframe. They are just luxury. Rubico Prime with a good mod setup will work fine.

my only option there would be the lanka (with riven) for damage and this would sure be a no fun event. i did try the rubico-p in a sortie and it also was rather a unnecessary waste of time when un-zoomed weapons would do the trick faster... might be worth a try for steel path though. (still don't like the idea of a sniper there much)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

DE_Glen took him down relativly easly on his stream today. I'd give that a watch.

ha! i bet he did it just to annoy me. i'll watch it and look for him using any cheats ^^)

ps: the mission still sucks...

well...

the shedu alone was enough afterall - and no riven needed either and certainly no rhino-pansy ironskin use neither (sorry couldn't help this one).

i needed about 10 min for him but mostly because i already tested the shedu, the kg-catchmoon and the redeem-p on him on the 3 'way-stations' instead of running straight up the final. while the redeed and the corrosive build little plasmor did a good damage, it was the aoe-damage from the shedu that made the first phase a joke and the 2nd a walk in the park.

my argument about this being a ѕhittty mission still stands though. but anyway, thanks for the vid about the shedu on this particulary fight - wouldn't have though of this weapon for being op here.

Just now, SergeantNathan said:

Seconded. What a chore...

His vulnerable periods need to be adjusted for Steel Path (even normal was annoying already)

better yet, they should rework the whole mission and don't use any of those terrible 'invulnerability phases' which are bad choices in any game (sadly developers love to use this mechanic to 'lenghten' a fight instead of thinking of more clever ways (like better AI for a boss or at least better scripts). also vay hek is way too buggy - not only in the steel path.

Just now, fr4gb4ll said:

better yet, they should rework the whole mission and don't use any of those terrible 'invulnerability phases' which are bad choices in any game (sadly developers love to use this mechanic to 'lenghten' a fight instead of thinking of more clever ways (like better AI for a boss or at least better scripts). also vay hek is way too buggy - not only in the steel path.

I would take that option too... so... second-seconded? Tripled? DOUBLE ASCENDED?! *screaming intensifies*

23 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i had no corrosive build on my loadout [...] vay hek can't get viral proc, which i had paracesis build with... not that it matters much because melee-hitting his dumb face is everything but easy [...] my loadout was inaros

Nice to see I was 100% correct. Also, imagining you trying to defeat Vay Hek with a Viral Paracesis is just hilarious.

The lesson we learned today is: People with no clue, and completely inappropriate beginner equipment, think they should be able to effortlessly solo the highest difficulty this game has to offer.

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Nice to see I was 100% correct. Also, imagining you trying to defeat Vay Hek with a Viral Paracesis is just hilarious.

still, rhino was not needed the least, the shedu alone did the whole job just fine (suprisingly so). idk why you find a viral paracesis hilarious though - not only is it not mentioned that he is seemingly immune to viral procs, i also had no problems with the same weapon build against him in a sortie (2nd stage ofc) - i did enough damage to him even in the steel path but he just was faster with healing, that's all. if viral would have proced, the whole thing would have been over before he could get any chance to do this. btw, only the recent change in the gui of boss-fights made me even see what procs got to him and which which didn't - at least that's an improvement here.

Aborted first attempt because it was taking too long, then cheesed him with shattering impact sarpa in a couple minutes.

Sponge Path perfectly highlights all the core issues of warframe: broken inconsistent scaling, binary "all or nothing" balance of everything from CC and damage to health/ammo/energy management, frames' kits being reduced to to "what part of the game it can trivialize" checklist. And of course crappy bossfights that should've been reworked 5 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived