Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

steel path & vay hek

fr4gb4ll

Heh, it took me a little while too, but it was one of the nodes I completed with my Zephyr (I had a challenge on to basically at least attempt every mission on Steel Path with the frame, I failed, but it was fun).

The most obvious advice is to not engage him in the build-up to the fight, just run past him to look for the main arena and he'll start the fight as normal there. You don't gain anything from shooting him before that, really.

I had a basic Stradavar (Stradavar riven is basic Crit Chance and Crit damage, nothing special) and Kuva Nukor, and m'Kronen Prime, because I wanted to see if it was possible. It was. But only with multiple ammo restores, and kiting him around and around until I hit the usual sweet spots where he would float and fire at me without trying to heal up.

It got a little trickier, actually, when he put on the turkey suit, because that moves differently and you can't usually get him into a place where he won't go to heal up. I managed it by killing all but one of his minions, who then hid in cover, and I was free to plink away at potato-face until he died.

All in all, over half an hour of work for the single mission, but I managed it.

I have not gone back with other frames, for obvious reasons, but I imagine taking something like good Rubico build with Nyx to strip his armour off would be useful.

I made a post way back stating pretty much the same issue, that most enemies are fine, but the really tanky ones are WAY too tanky in Steel Path. Sentients, Tusk Thumpers, Juggernauts,  and some bosses, they're not difficult per se, just tiiiime consuming.

If you bring a Sarpa and strip his armor until his HP bar turns red, he is very quick to beat. I think I beat Steel Path Vay Hek in this way in about 6-7 minutes (total mission time).

EDIT: P.S. In Steel Path, you should probably always bring a Shattering Impact Sarpa... especially in case spongy Stalker shows up. If you Sarpa him, then a Kuva Chakkhurr can 3-shot him (the Amp cheese in normal mode doesn't work well on Steel Path Stalker).

8 hours ago, (NSW)Leviathis_Krade said:

Use a corrosive modded grattler and bring a wisp vapor specter, it takes 16 minutes just to kill stage two, stage one is simple enough.

yeah, the explosion aoe makes it indeed easy - i used the shedu for it though, but i guess the grattler or the kuva ayanga would just work as well for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm this fight can be completed in 2 mins. It's not hard at all. It's meant to challenge your understanding of the game. While a lot of players focus on CC and survivability, there are ways to do it at very high speed.
1. Skip to the end boss location. DO not engage him anywhere else.
2. Once you're there use a high dmg self buff frame
3. Bring a weapon that doesn't require too much aim, some people recommended stropha, shotguns. This is what you're looking for.

If you get magnetized, it shouldn't matter if you have the right buffs up. Ex. Valkyr. + Eternal War. Mod Valkyr 250+ power strength. Stropha requires no aim. SHOOT SHOOT dead.. You can bring loki and stay stealthed all day, you can bring Nidus and Inaros and do the fight taking almost no damage. You can hardcore CC with Nova. The fight just takes a looooot longer. Chroma / Valkyr are both extremely durable making this fight nearly no different than Sortie or standard version of Vay Hek. So, gear well, use arcanes if you can so you don't go in there going WUT DA vay HEK?!?!?!!?
hehehe 

I'll put it up on youtube. I am compilating boss strategies to try to help the community. Hopefully the information will help you guys in your SP Journey! May the for.. wait wrong universe. Stay strong Tenno and look to your wargear..

4 hours ago, Jazoom said:

Uhm this fight can be completed in 2 mins. It's not hard at all. It's meant to challenge your understanding of the game. While a lot of players focus on CC and survivability, there are ways to do it at very high speed.
1. Skip to the end boss location. DO not engage him anywhere else.
2. Once you're there use a high dmg self buff frame
3. Bring a weapon that doesn't require too much aim, some people recommended stropha, shotguns. This is what you're looking for.

If you get magnetized, it shouldn't matter if you have the right buffs up. Ex. Valkyr. + Eternal War. Mod Valkyr 250+ power strength. Stropha requires no aim. SHOOT SHOOT dead.. You can bring loki and stay stealthed all day, you can bring Nidus and Inaros and do the fight taking almost no damage. You can hardcore CC with Nova. The fight just takes a looooot longer. Chroma / Valkyr are both extremely durable making this fight nearly no different than Sortie or standard version of Vay Hek. So, gear well, use arcanes if you can so you don't go in there going WUT DA vay HEK?!?!?!!?
hehehe 

I'll put it up on youtube. I am compilating boss strategies to try to help the community. Hopefully the information will help you guys in your SP Journey! May the for.. wait wrong universe. Stay strong Tenno and look to your wargear..

not that the whole thing is already a story of the past (look at the date?), the only thing i didn't know back then was that vay hek was imune to viral procs... the rest is obvious t me since i played the game for years and are mr29 - but thanks anyway, and you can stop the idea of another vid on the tube since there are already several about htis (already been the very first day of steel path actually when i wrote this thread).

• 4 weeks later...

To anyone coming to this thread in posterity: Short version:

Corrosive + blast is your friend for phase 1. High crit sniper should do it. Jump to the platform way up above to the right of where you enter his area, he'll come up and poke his head through the platform. Rhino, keep Roar up, wait for him to do his little alarm thingy and you should be able to get 3-4 shots in, rinse repeat, you won't take any damage up there. Slow and a bit annoying but easy.

Shattering Impact Melee with decent crit stacks ( blood rush + gladiator rush + berserker for instance ) is your friend for phase 2. Just smack him till SI removes his armor and then beat him to death on his red health bar.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

A lot of the posts on this thread are saying "this is easy" with no explanation of what made it easy for you... ^ That's how you make it easy.

2 hours ago, Cephalon_Llama said:

A lot of the posts on this thread are saying "this is easy" with no explanation of what made it easy for you...

actually, there where a lot of "how to" in this thread already - sniper and rhino being also some of them as are aoe-weapons like the shedu (which i used after being pointed to it)... moral of the story was: bloody hek can't get viral procs, which i didn't know even after several years of playing (though i guess i never really cared for the proc-approach with him in every normal mission incl. sortie)... kinda a design-flaw if you ask me.

Vay Hek is annoying, but i wouldn't say difficult in any sort of fashion. maybe if you get hit by the Magnetic beams a lot and so have trouble with Abilities since you can't use many Pizzas in Steel Path.

remember you can shoot the Radio Tower on top of his flying form instead of his face, which is certainly easier to hit.

personally, i almost oneshot the second Phase of Vay Hek in Steel Path. had i actually gone in with the intention of trying and so pushed my Damage a little bit farther, i would have oneshot him.
if that's not in the cards for you, don't forget to pay attention to what the Codex tells you for Enemy Weaknesses. don't forget that you can always weaken an Enemy with one tool, and deal your Damage with another.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Frost, my Vaykor Hek(just because), my Mara Detron and did grind him down solo, same as I do with the Sorti ones(also solo), it is broing(because new mechanics actually would take effort, so DE just adds HP) but still better then the Zealoid boss that is so stupidly overtuned that you can't put a dent in him without melee weapons.

3 hours ago, Djego27 said:

still better then the Zealoid boss that is so stupidly overtuned that you can't put a dent in him without melee weapons.

I wouldn't call a boss you can solo in a few minutes despite invulnerability phases overtuned:qfxukgM.png

And I used melee only because I didn't have both hands free for Artemis Bow.

I did this fight, once solo and once with a friend there are many ways to cheeze it.

1/ the pre fight fights you don't have todo just keep running to the end.

2/ mag (etc) can armor strip him making it a much simpler experience

3/ I hear that revenant can thral + reeve to near one hit kill him but I couldn't get it working.

general tips just keep the guys killed so he can't sac them to heal and gl

ps:just wait until you run into Zealoid prelate LOLOLOL you can cheeze him too but even cheezing he is very annoying

Just a confirm, me and a friend did it after reading this thread.

If you use octavia you can invis skip to the end, and he focuses on mallet - Any corrsive build expolsive wep seams to work, was gonna try grattler but dont have it gravimag, so took in the kuva archweapon and it shredded him in like 3 kill windows.

Archived