What have you enjoyed about The Steel Path update?

Nothing, there is no intuitive to play this mod --> no real rewards (even the operator armor is gender locked)

Edited by Tilyon
  • Like 1

Specifcally, beefier enemies that don't go down in three bullets from a 0 forma Braton Prime and the higher spawn rates.

Generally, finally getting able to test builds in mission rather than the Simulacrum. Taking a crappy loadout to Steel Path could make for a longer mission than most of us are used to i.e. not 36 seconds lol.

Edited by z3us32610
  • Like 2

I really like hardmode because now I feel like I am playing Warframe at the difficulty it should have felt from the start. What I been doing is a bit of roleplay and insanity where Id fight junction specters with the same frame the specter is for funs, Id commentate on some stuff in mission and I gave the warframes I use some personallities(crazy right?) for the fun of it. And Im running it all on solo because its way more challenging and enjoyable than having people rush everything and I just get carried because I take it slow

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Least fun? Probably Jordas.

Redeemer for the jugg, should 1 shot it.
Velocitus modded for corrosive for jordas, should only take 10 shots at max, depending on your build and if you use odonata or not.

Spoiler

20200711191056_1.jpg

As for your actual question.

It has to be the spawn rates. Having more than 5 enemies attacking you at a time is so refreshing, and it makes solo survival really fun.

• Like 1

I guess the best parts of SP that I did enjoy was the problem nodes. Most planets was easy, but i did fell flat on my face not expecting any problem in some spots. So here goes some of them

• Gen Sargos Rok never exposes his weak spots w/out seeing an actual target. Ofc I went in with slightly squishy "invisible" cheeser Ash P. I don't think my WF can survive his attacks so I tried baiting him by voiding out into my operator.  But after one hit he immediately ignored the silent WF. Lo and behold, my ever absent converted Lich suddenly appeared! I knew the dumb talkative K stubbas wielder only lasts for a few. But he reminded me that I have the option to summon a minion and so I did one Ancient Healer. SP Rok is tanky AF, so It still took a lot of time but eventually "we" put him down with the Lich surviving until he quits leaving me and the Ancient behind to do the deed. Yea I know it was my fault not to plan ahead, but to be saved by the unexpected was a neat surprise 
  • Emissary derelict boss is another tanky elusive pain in the a**. Initially, I failed trying with the sneaky Ash P again. Somehow, he still hits me while invis when I am up close with ny Reaper P. I eventually gave up after dying three times and left. I needed survivability so I switched to Revenant. Finally, red crit melee hits was flying again while eating the Prelates hits with my mesmer skin. Eleven minutes later, it was over
  • This one isn't a problem, but i just want to point out how important the Operator is from being an energy well, healer, slashing travel time to locking down (Magus) demolysts or any threat en masse. Soloing Ambulas, in particular, would have been 10x harder without tethering it and the mob trying to unhack it back again. Four zero hack failures later, i was done and had a huge grin on my face. I did ace that one with Ash P,  but damn my operator gameplay was quite decent

It is a relief that most pugs come prepared to solo any node I happen to join with. I sensed a certain level of experience because most was blazing, in and out missions. Each player with purpose and eagerness to move on to the next. But as planets went, the crowd grows thin and the real fun begins doing things solo. I can't say for sure if I'll ever come back to SP after racking up enough essence for the armor, but I am definitely glad going down the "optional" star chart memory lane.

• Like 1

It wasn't as appealing as I though running the starchart but it opens new grind possibilities in the game. It will really help new players getting mats and stuff!

The sad part of that update is that it makes everything bad in the game more blattant. DE really need to fully rework infested, they currently make absolutely no sense. Also there should be a mandatory balance pass on something. Atm Khora is way too strong, that scalling showed how much this frame breaks the game, beeing able to solo survival for hours with a nekros behind is ludacris, she has freaking everything while in the other hand most frames are either niche or absolutely trash in this content.

Edited by Galuf

Everything! Its just awsome!!
1 week ago, I was planning to give Warframe a 3-4 months break, and start other games i have, but because of this update, i have estimate more +/-200 hours to play, because finnally i cant test some OP builds i had..So, this was great (for me ofc)!!

• Like 2

It made me finally make a tankqunox, the other frames worked the same.
Every weapon I knew it would work, worked.The ones I knew are trash still were.
Confirmed that Flailing Branch is more trash than I considered it to be... 
Finally had a reason to get my favourite frame Nova out with purpose(the excavations), not because I just want to play her. 
Can't think of anything more now tbh.
Excal is still op. :] 

• Like 1

That you only have to do it once to get all the numerically relevant rewards out of it(mastery). I'm not trying to be cynical here, it's just the only positive thing I can think of. If others get more out of it, cool.

1. Seeing Nyx actually be useful! And no I'm not joking

2. Laughing at Nidus completely trivalising the last two stages of the Sedna Arena nodes...

3. Actually being able to shoot something in a group before the rest of the team melee things to death.. For a so called looter-shooter, there wasn't much shooting going on before, not that there is going to be a lot of shooting going on in the steel path given the sizable imbalance between melee and guns. but hey I can actually shoot something before it dies to someone else's melee!

• Like 2

Decorating, definitely decorating. Getting back to my ship after completing a planet and plopping that reward down.

The rest of it is really just a bit of a slog.

• Like 1

Pros-

Love the increased tankiness of enemies, gives them more time to use their tactics.
Love the increased spawn rate in solo, finally i get the chance to kill so many at the same time, trying to overwhelm me.
Love the fact that I've died a couple of times for not paying enough attention.
Love endless missions, they're an absolute blast!

Cons-

The rewards are sub par (with the exception of Operator cosmetics).
No Syndicate/Fissures/Kuva Lich missions available
No interesting/fun/new enemy types and interactions (which should be implemented into the normal mode proper)

• Like 1

Personally?  I haven't enjoyed anything about it.  It's a mode I didn't ask for and won't personally use.  The only good thing is that there aren't (currently) any mods or weapons locked behind it, so it's completely possible to ignore it.  Or would be if Teshin would shut up.  (I've visited him, clicked yes, and he still spams me each time I log in.  Whee.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

did we even get a reward for completing the starchart the 1st time? all i remember getting was MR. 

If you mean before Steel Path, yes. Beyond the map starchart access itself which I won't include, each Junction had stuff to give players, including quests which sometimes rewarded us, along with being how we start the Cinematic Questline.

• 2 weeks later...

The Steel Path is fine.  If people want to use it for the grind, cool.  If people want to ignore it, cool.

So far my only roadblock to enjoying the Steel Path more is The Ropalolyst.  Make the Ropalolyst more tanky but do nothing about the bugs in that fight? It's terrible.

Steel Path gave me a reason to do Mot endurance runs. Never did this before, because why would I if it wasn't for Steel Essence. Which in turn made me change up the setup I was used to, since health doesn't do anything there. Of course Mot is still boring after a few hours, but it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1