Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Level Melee Weapons?

War_Admiral_Adama

Use Rhino's Iron Skin, play alone, disable your sentinel, and don't shoot anything or use any other abilities. That usually works for me.

Playing alone is far less effective. No shared Affinity, reduced enemy spawns, etc.

Doing as I said will get you 5+ levels per mission (depending on rank at start of mission) if you go to 30 minutes. Going 40 minutes can bring an unranked weapon up to 15 or more. Plus you'll have fun doing it.

PuGs in Appolodorus. I leveled two Frames and three weapons to 30 (one weapon leveled twice over due to Forma) in a matter of hours, without even touching the weapons in two of those cases. This was with double Affinity, of course, but even without it, the EXP rate is still incredibly fast.

Edited by SortaRandom

best way

If you have plat to blow, get the affinity boost. Then run mobile defense (eris-cyath is where I go) and ONLY use your melee.Still bring a helpful frame/primary to help though

I always bring a maxed primary or secondary just for the off chance the Stalker decides to show up.  If I'm leveling a primary I bring my maxed Twin Vipers, if I'm leveling secondary then I bring my pimped out Soma.  That way if he shows up stalkery mug I can one clip that jerk and then get depressed when the crappy RNG system screws me out of any of his weapons for about the 100th time.

slap on the melee and go let other players kill things close to you...

no, im not kidding.

It's true, leeching is the best exp for weapons that can't kill quickly

That's about right. Ask friends or pugs who favor melee combat (eg the Rhino holding a Scindo or Orthos)

They don't even need to favor melee combat

Any kill by someone else = an even exp distribution to all of your gear

To level a melee weapon:

Step 1 = equip melee weapon.

Step 2 = insert weapon into enemy.

Step 3 = repeat until enemy dead.

Best results are achieved with infested and a Shade, since they take extra damage from blade weapons.

They don't even need to favor melee combat

Any kill by someone else = an even exp distribution to all of your gear

That works too. Edited by DoomFruit