Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Play With My Friends - We Need Friend Status Messages

MattHarrigan

Warframe lacks a way to communicate to all your friends at once.

How Path of Exile (PoE), solved this was status messages. Everytime you change this message, a small but visible popup appears on all your friends screens, displaying the message.

EDIT: See below for screenshot.

I love this feature about PoE. In Warframe, this would be very convenient to recruit a squad consisting of people on my friend list, communicate to them, inform them I'm about to start mission XYZ etc.

As it is now, I would have to whisper every single one of my friends if I want to take them to a mission. Tbh, I rather use the recruiting chat or online matchmaking to find a quick game, instead of whispering them all...

--- Another suggestion ---

Friend list, please display the mission/node/region each friends currently playing in! This way we could keep track of our friends, see what they're up to and maybe join forces.

I hope there are other players who feel the same or could see why this would be very useful. Thank you for reading.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lenzoid

Thanks Cap'n Obvious

Okay, I completely misread OP. But is there a way to let me know, possibly without 1) double posting and 2) a bit less mean? I know it's a forum and getting that on a forum is near-impossible, but I'm close to going on a report spree right now...

YES

YESYESYEYSYESEYSEYSYSEYSYSYSYSEYESYSYSEYSEYSYSYESYESYESYESYEYEYYESYESYESYESYESSESSYSESSEYSESYSESEYESYSESYESESYESYSEYEYSEYSESEYSYSYSYESYSESESSYYSSYSESESEYES

among the other myriad of chat options that should be available to us (custom tabs/channels/resizable windows that stay open/using the enter key instead of the mouse/etc/etc/etc/ad nauseum)

Im not the uploader, but I think means the following: whrn you post that message, all of your friends will see it once. Not every time again, like a MOTD. They'll probably see it in the chat, with a special color. (Green :D). Useful when recruiting your friends, like the op said.

Thank you very much for noticing! As I saw in livestream today you guys really care about this (making it easier to play with friends). With the synergy rating thing coming up and all...

Yes, a broadcasted message would do the trick for indicating the message has been changed. This would be the most important, most useful feature for us.

The idea with hover over friend is good too though. There should be a way to look up the message after it has been changed of course. I think both the features you mentioned Rebecca would be excellent!

So kind of like a Player "MOTD"?

When you say appears on friends screens, within the boundaries of in-game chat (i.e a broadcasted message)? Or does it appear on friends screens if they do a certain action (hover over friend?).

what im imagining is based upon an improved chat window interface

id luv to reference Cryptic/Paragon Studios City of Heroes and their chat interfaces, but since that game has been sunset only old players would understand what im talking about

ideally we would/could be able to have more chat "tabs" than we currently do (region/clan/recruiting/squad)

if one of the tabs could be a "friends" tab, it would show all friends online and when you typed in it, everyone on your friends list would be able to see it, akin to a mass txt (would work exactly how clan tab does currently except just for you friends list)

So you all see exactly what I mean I added a screenshot of the Path of Exile GUI. On the left you can see the social tab, a friend list that displays a friends Account name, character name, status message and current location or dungeon. In the bottom right corner you see an example of a friend who has just changed his status message.

p20TIb0.png