Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Builds for your favorite frame!

Raskol posted a thread on using Baruuk for Steel Path and the discussion was very engaging...top quality.

It gave me an idea:

Regardless of how challenging and effective or ineffective a frame might be:

Let’s start a discussion where Steel Path builds for EVERY frame are included.

I’m obviously looking for PC users to get the ball rolling if there is interest.  Maybe something like this already exists?

TY!

Basically any scaling build should work in Steel Path, with an emphasis on armor strip or ignoring armor.

People might actually bother to mod Saryn for high strength stats, nuke Volt becomes more relevant due to higher spawn rates, Corpus tankiness, but the same amount of damage from enemies which makes Capacitance stronger, Mesa needs a Corrosive statstick to strip armor to make Regulators work(i use Viral on them, because of their fire rate) finishers are not as pointless as pre-SP, cc frames work about the same, Limbo's Rift Torrent augment has more purpose, EV Trinity should still instakill afaik. with finisher damage.

Just running my Mag with three augments. Armor reduction, CC and stuff. Use either Lanka or Exergis.

Now look, if you have a min-max frame with a min-max weapons there is no such thing as challenge or difficulty in this game.

Banshee Prime was one of my go to Warframes when it came to Exterminate/Mobile Defense:

Spoiler

unknown.png

For Rescue, Capture, Spy, and other quick things, I used Nova Prime:

Spoiler

unknown.png

For Survival, Defection, and other similar missions, I was usually going Wisp:

Spoiler

unknown.png

For Defense, I would usually go Mesa:

Spoiler

unknown.png

I think that covers most of what I was playing. I played Frost Prime a few times for Excavation on one excavator, and Chroma on many assassinations.

Exterminate - Saryn and Hildryn for corpus enemies

Mobile Defense, Defense, Interception, Survival - Vauban (Max Range and Efficiency) and Hildryn for Corpus Enemies

Defection - Trinity (Bless build)

Rescure, Capture, Spy - Wukong (Max Duration Cloud Walker Build)

Bosses - Inaros and Chroma with Redeemer (Heavy Attack Build)

Main Weapons: Kuva Bramma, Kuva Nukor or Catchmoon Secondary, Kronen and Redeemer Primes

3 minutes ago, Revonth said:

Bosses - Inaros and Chroma with Redeemer (Heavy Attack Build)

Wouldn't a normal High Noon-two taps-pause combo build work better for dps?

For things like Vay Hek and tankier ones.

tl;dr; Khora is the new meta. The frame cheeses immortality from brief respite and has access to damages that literally destroy anything that's not a boss in steel path. Other frames that spam a bit are also very strong, mag is imho top tier as well.

It depends on what you have. I finished all the starchart in pub groups yesterday and checked religiously players stats. The "best/strongest" players were going Khora in later planets usually.

Honestly playing Barruk in steel path is imho worst than playing Wukong. Wukong has is mobility and his clones(let's face it, Bramma clones ^^), every Wukong I encountered dealt more damage and got more kill than Barruks. The fact is that you don't need Barruk's kit to stomp at melee range, making him pretty useless overall, the only thing you get is the kind of situationnal team damage reduce buff, wich is still nice and Barruk's can't really die as well. Kind of Inaros with side benefits of having op melee potential.

For DPS frames on corpus and infested imho Gara is still best, with the issue for Gara that it won't one shot corpus ennemies at a point(requires a buff), it is still does S#&$ton of dps. The frame does very well with the spawning in steel path, however it requires minmaxing, arcane energize, a good statstick riven and a rhino buff or a molecular prime combo to one shot on the pop. Gara does also ok against greeners, however the damage reduction is very intense so she will require a big windup time to even deal relevant damage with splinter storm and will deal poor damage with shatter storm by herself(even with few CP in the team).

Now the Saryn case, the frame is pretty good overall in steel path, however a basic vitality + adaptation + grace 5 + guardian 5 is not enough at a point to survive reliably and it becomes painfull in very late tilesets(you'll need more armor etc). You can bring her easily as a buff frame against greener(spore is a big EHP nerf for them, making Saryn a stellar buf frame there) and it is ok in the void. Saryn produces a free corrosive stack and does toxin procs with toxic lash, bring kronen prime or venka prime with vermillon storm(I chose that) to dispatch anything anywhere as you go through it as well. I often get first at kill playing Saryn, just because she is very mobile and does extremly well naturally with the strongest melee whack builds. Always bring corrosive projection against greeners as well.

For big disruption targets and stuff I'd recommend using an "OP" mechanic, the easiest non frame/buff/event dependant one I know is just playing a heavy crit Pennant build, no elemental mods nothings, you just minmax the bleed proc from the heavy (can do more than 1M+ dps just from the tics, doesn't require anything extra than the weapon). CC on disruption target can be achieved by different means, however I like having armor and sprint speed arcane on my operator for speed and confort, Zenurik blast is imho the less invasive one on your build.

On early starchart bosses, I did not change loadouts I went with what I had, I own a very strong quartakk riven and my Kuva Quartakk was doing fine, Sargas Rusk was the tougher for me(10 mn bullet sponge fight), I started using my eidolon chroma build on bosses switching narrow minded for steel fiber to spread the buff and get more EHP, 0 deaths and big damage. It still chunks bosses pretty quickly despite all that scalling.

For interceptions people knew their stuff, it was often a combination of nova or nyx and often a rhino as well randomly. However against infested in interception I recommend doing it hard way as eximus tend to spawn and they are garbage anyway.

For defense/mobile defense/excavation. Octavia is better for the kill count, but Limbo is also a solution. For lua mobile defense I recommend having 1 Paracesis in the squad. Octavia is always may choice when soloing this kind of missions and when I plan to leave early.

About Vauban, Vauban does well only with max range builds there, this is no rocket science saying that his nukes are no good in Steel Path. However sucking up everything asap gets more clear. Speednova Vauban is an easy way speedruning the defenses.

About Nova, Limbo, Nyx, Loki.... There is no shame bringing frames that are there to stall or cheese enemies. However as always if you can do without them you'll get there faster. You have ways to make the enemies basically useless anywhere in the game.

Weapons now:

- On primaries things that hit very hard like Bramma are king, for bosses bring things you'd bring for eidolon hunting(fighting damage reduction, crit non status build, often targets weak against radiation). If you are playing Rhino, honestly you can still bring ignis wraith against greeners lol(bring hunter munitions and a maxed bane mod, aim for headshots). On corpus if you have a big fear of nullfier, there is mitter. Shedu should be "ok" but be sure to have ragdoll imunity.

- On secondaries, honestly I have been baffled on how Kuva Nukor still is there. Aim for headshots on the biggest ennemy of the crowd, safely killing everything quickly.

- Melees: most of the time you'll kill at melee range if you are not killing with spells(wich requires team synergie), on your way forward, bring a hybrid(crit/status) whack build because it doesn't lock you in place and some form of combo duration(you want fast weapons that have crit and status chance for that, generally those are prime weapons because they have more raw stats). Zaws start feeling weaker for the later parts of the startchart, I have a nasty kripath riven and a 7 forma build and it doesn't compete with my non riven venka prime on only 2 formas, it kills as well when ramped up but isn't as strong at all. Redeemer prime and exodia contagion are still overkill for this piece of content.

I have an umbral Titania, so, I have 2 builds that works really well.

Mission Goal, something that is a non restrictive, objective based, like Capture, Sabotage, Rescue:

• Special Mods needed: Preparation, Umbral Intensify, Streamline, Primed Continuity (or the normal one), Razorwing Blitz.
  • Tactic: Just go into your for and stay there. If you find a friendship doors and consoles to hack, go into your operator mode and do it when in void mode. But remain in razorwing, and doing the entire missions in razorwing.
  • This finishes the missions very quickly and still avoid enemy fire because of the passive innaccuracy and the dust buff, which is possible without problems of energy because of Preparation mod. You should be able to finish the mission before your energy runs out, and should be under 2 minutes.

The second build is for stuff like mobile defense, survival, defense etc and for a more supportive role, but can be used to solo said missions as well:

• Special mods needed: Titania's Bequiling Lantern augment. (Focus onto range and strength. Manage in some efficiency and duration if you can. Preparation mod also works)
  • Tactic: increased range for maximum cc coverage, and strength to increase the power of the mod itself. Benefits for allies and indirectly affects spell bind's casting radius.
  • The increased melee damage and attraction radius makes it very useful for heavy attack builds for stuff like stropha. However, any other melee weapon should work well as well because of it. From my understanding, This is a bonus additive after. Though the wiki doesn't seem to state anything on it. This also benefits squad mates as well such as barruk and excalibur

I've been running these myself and haven't quite changed anything else. I personally think the second build could use some improvements.

I would like to see what builds other players uses.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Banshee Prime was one of my go to Warframes when it came to Exterminate/Mobile Defense:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

For Rescue, Capture, Spy, and other quick things, I used Nova Prime:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

For Survival, Defection, and other similar missions, I was usually going Wisp:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

For Defense, I would usually go Mesa:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

I think that covers most of what I was playing. I played Frost Prime a few times for Excavation on one excavator, and Chroma on many assassinations.

Those builds are cute. 

Mesa is a good one. 

I run her like this: Growing power, Vigilante Pursuit 

Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Umbra Fiber, Umbra Intensify, Primed Continuity, Augur Secrets. Stream Line.

Arcane Momentum and Arcane Energize. 

The variation is Mesa's Walt .  

Mostly the same builds, but definitely used a variety of WF and a lot of tweaking in weapon elemental loadouts. Some worth mentioning after finishing SP

• Ash P resident junction/boss killer. Jack of All Trades w/ Seeking Shuriken and any strong melee. Cheesed too much soloing Arena nodes & Ambulas fight 
  • alternate Baruuk & Khora for Defense, Survival & Interception. Goofed around in some def/survival with Atlas and Grendel
  • Revenant + Kuva Nukor + Reaper P solo for Emissary Derelict Boss
  • Titania P solo for Lephantis
  • Synapse was a very useful primary for me w/ a High CC riven (Viral/Corrosive/Hunter Munitions)

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Raskol posted a thread on using Baruuk for Steel Path and the discussion was very engaging...top quality.

It gave me an idea:

Regardless of how challenging and effective or ineffective a frame might be:

Let’s start a discussion where Steel Path builds for EVERY frame are included.

I’m obviously looking for PC users to get the ball rolling if there is interest.  Maybe something like this already exists?

TY!

I know what you mean, but his build anyway is questionable at best. He can do alot better than that. Either way I too wanna see some builds people use for SP.

• Revenant - Bosses, Junctions, Mobile Defense, Rescue, Bounties
  • Khora - Interception, Defense, Survival, Exterminate

Still experimenting with Disruption. Will probably take Chroma to these nodes since usual strategies with Khora don't work fast enough.

I am very disappointed by Archwing. It's way too easy... so far.

EDIT: Builds:

Revenant: http://warframe-builder.com/s/e5a0549eaf79b939

Khora: http://warframe-builder.com/s/b561a8d3993e0bc0

For Khora: Use Naramon. Venari and Helios Prime should both be modded with Synth Fiber/Reconstruct. Venari should use Swipe and Helios Prime should use Gas/Electric. Any stat stick will do whether you have a Riven or not. I think Rakta Dark Dagger and Mire are safest since they can generate energy through Blight syndicate effect.

EDIT2:

For Grineer Disruption missions (Olympus), Revenant with armor-stripping Sarpa and a bleed weapon (e.g. Kuva Chakkhur with Hunter Munitions) will work.

Hildryn, Rev, Grendel or Baruuk for most things, Ash for a few bosses. This mostly because it is all trivial and the only thing I'll run endless is survival and interception. Any frame can clear the chart well since we only ever need to complete one rotation or thing. If Steel Path had sortie rules I'd might consider stealth frames for spy and defensive frames for excav, defense etc. But it is all just kill, kill, kill in its current state.

4 hours ago, Galuf said:

tl;dr; Khora is the new meta. The frame cheeses immortality from brief respite and has access to damages that literally destroy anything that's not a boss in steel path. Other frames that spam a bit are also very strong, mag is imho top tier as well.

It depends on what you have. I finished all the starchart in pub groups yesterday and checked religiously players stats. The "best/strongest" players were going Khora in later planets usually.

Honestly playing Barruk in steel path is imho worst than playing Wukong. Wukong has is mobility and his clones(let's face it, Bramma clones ^^), every Wukong I encountered dealt more damage and got more kill than Barruks. The fact is that you don't need Barruk's kit to stomp at melee range, making him pretty useless overall, the only thing you get is the kind of situationnal team damage reduce buff, wich is still nice and Barruk's can't really die as well. Kind of Inaros with side benefits of having op melee potential.

For DPS frames on corpus and infested imho Gara is still best, with the issue for Gara that it won't one shot corpus ennemies at a point(requires a buff), it is still does S#&$ton of dps. The frame does very well with the spawning in steel path, however it requires minmaxing, arcane energize, a good statstick riven and a rhino buff or a molecular prime combo to one shot on the pop. Gara does also ok against greeners, however the damage reduction is very intense so she will require a big windup time to even deal relevant damage with splinter storm and will deal poor damage with shatter storm by herself(even with few CP in the team).

Now the Saryn case, the frame is pretty good overall in steel path, however a basic vitality + adaptation + grace 5 + guardian 5 is not enough at a point to survive reliably and it becomes painfull in very late tilesets(you'll need more armor etc). You can bring her easily as a buff frame against greener(spore is a big EHP nerf for them, making Saryn a stellar buf frame there) and it is ok in the void. Saryn produces a free corrosive stack and does toxin procs with toxic lash, bring kronen prime or venka prime with vermillon storm(I chose that) to dispatch anything anywhere as you go through it as well. I often get first at kill playing Saryn, just because she is very mobile and does extremly well naturally with the strongest melee whack builds. Always bring corrosive projection against greeners as well.

For big disruption targets and stuff I'd recommend using an "OP" mechanic, the easiest non frame/buff/event dependant one I know is just playing a heavy crit Pennant build, no elemental mods nothings, you just minmax the bleed proc from the heavy (can do more than 1M+ dps just from the tics, doesn't require anything extra than the weapon). CC on disruption target can be achieved by different means, however I like having armor and sprint speed arcane on my operator for speed and confort, Zenurik blast is imho the less invasive one on your build.

On early starchart bosses, I did not change loadouts I went with what I had, I own a very strong quartakk riven and my Kuva Quartakk was doing fine, Sargas Rusk was the tougher for me(10 mn bullet sponge fight), I started using my eidolon chroma build on bosses switching narrow minded for steel fiber to spread the buff and get more EHP, 0 deaths and big damage. It still chunks bosses pretty quickly despite all that scalling.

For interceptions people knew their stuff, it was often a combination of nova or nyx and often a rhino as well randomly. However against infested in interception I recommend doing it hard way as eximus tend to spawn and they are garbage anyway.

For defense/mobile defense/excavation. Octavia is better for the kill count, but Limbo is also a solution. For lua mobile defense I recommend having 1 Paracesis in the squad. Octavia is always may choice when soloing this kind of missions and when I plan to leave early.

About Vauban, Vauban does well only with max range builds there, this is no rocket science saying that his nukes are no good in Steel Path. However sucking up everything asap gets more clear. Speednova Vauban is an easy way speedruning the defenses.

About Nova, Limbo, Nyx, Loki.... There is no shame bringing frames that are there to stall or cheese enemies. However as always if you can do without them you'll get there faster. You have ways to make the enemies basically useless anywhere in the game.

Weapons now:

- On primaries things that hit very hard like Bramma are king, for bosses bring things you'd bring for eidolon hunting(fighting damage reduction, crit non status build, often targets weak against radiation). If you are playing Rhino, honestly you can still bring ignis wraith against greeners lol(bring hunter munitions and a maxed bane mod, aim for headshots). On corpus if you have a big fear of nullfier, there is mitter. Shedu should be "ok" but be sure to have ragdoll imunity.

- On secondaries, honestly I have been baffled on how Kuva Nukor still is there. Aim for headshots on the biggest ennemy of the crowd, safely killing everything quickly.

- Melees: most of the time you'll kill at melee range if you are not killing with spells(wich requires team synergie), on your way forward, bring a hybrid(crit/status) whack build because it doesn't lock you in place and some form of combo duration(you want fast weapons that have crit and status chance for that, generally those are prime weapons because they have more raw stats). Zaws start feeling weaker for the later parts of the startchart, I have a nasty kripath riven and a 7 forma build and it doesn't compete with my non riven venka prime on only 2 formas, it kills as well when ramped up but isn't as strong at all. Redeemer prime and exodia contagion are still overkill for this piece of content.

I'm just glad Nyx is finally somewhat useful.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I'm just glad Nyx is finally somewhat useful.

Nyx was always useful.

Near unkillable even at Mot fissure long runs way before Steel Path.

But removing the disarm passive really did hurt the frame's functionality.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Why Umbra Fiber and not Umbra Vitality? More Armor for Mesa is a bit pointless isn’t it? 

I struggled a lot with that idea in my build. Seems that I had a mental lapse there. I'll switch and see if that makes a difference. I think it most. 1440 of health seems enough for Steel path. 

Archived