Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Scammers

Hyroncore

In the last 2 days in NA Recruitment chat and Trade I have noticed a series of accounts using lines such as "hey guys I texted a guy for free plat (insert international mobile number)" and similar. I know the majority of you would not fall for it but its a variant of an old scam used by goldsellers in other games and in this particular case can not only cause you a loss of account but identity theft as well if they gain access to your personal information.

I accept that Mods may remove this but I have reported ingame and have an open support ticket about this subject and wanted to spread the word as quickly as possible to mitigate any harm while DE resolves the issue behind the scenes.

Stay safe all and remember there is no such thing as free real money currency in any online game. You risk losing your game access not to mention issues with identiy fraud that can take years to resolve and cost you and those around you quite heavily.

If anyone has evidence of scammers then they should open a support ticket to inform support and let them take any needed action on them.

Support: http://support.warframe.com/

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

Spoiler

"“Platinum Glitches”: A player might offer to host a “Platinum Glitch” with the promise that it will double your Platinum. They will ask you to enter the desired amount of Platinum you wish to double in the Trade UI. Since “Platinum Glitches” do not exist, the player may complete the trade and leave with your platinum. Take extra care of checking the platinum amount before moving forward with the trade. The amount you confirm in the trading UI will be the amount you receive (even if told otherwise)."

"A Note on "Real Money Trading" and "Special Deals"

You might see players (either in-game or on various websites) offering special deals on discounted Platinum. Note that these Platinum sellers are not legitimate: please visit our website for a full list of authorized Platinum retailers.

Please also note that the in-game trading system is intended only for equitable trades between players, not for trading large amounts of Platinum between accounts. If you purchase your Platinum from a legitimate source, it will be deposited directly into your account ie you will not need to provide access to your account to anyone, nor will you need to make a trade to receive it.

And while we are always happy to see how generous Tenno can be with each other, we strongly advise that you approach any deals that seem too good to be true with caution. If a player you barely know offers to ‘give’ you a large amount of Platinum in exchange for relatively valueless items, there’s a good chance the Platinum was not legitimately obtained (for example, it might have been stolen from another player’s account, or it might have been purchased using fraudulent credit card information).

If you have purchased Platinum through an unofficial 3rd party site or from another player, there’s a strong chance it was also obtained in the manner described above. Should an investigation find that you received Platinum from one of these fraudulent sources, it can and will be removed from your account. 

With that said, the vast majority of players who use the trading system are honest and respectful, and you should not hesitate to trade with them. In the rare event that you find yourself unwittingly caught up in one of these situations, please contact Warframe Support and we will be happy to work with you to resolve the issue and get you back into the game as soon as possible."

Archived