Jump to content
  • 0
-Trendy-

Khora & Melee combo counter

Question

I just recently picked up Khora and I decked her out wit 6 forma build, and I got a high rolled riven for my stat stick (dual keres). I am ready to get into some red crit territory but I don't know what I am doing. I noticed that whip lash benefits from the melee counter but I dont know how to keep it up high? it seems to go away in 3 seconds or less. What am I doing wrong? I am in zenurik focus tree btw if that helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You need to put at least one combo duration mod on your stat stick, unless you want to run with Naramon instead. I recommend Drifting Contact, as it gives 10 seconds of combo duration for only 5 mod points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Use Naramon instead of Zenurik, with enough efficiency energy shouldn't be a problem and even if you have energy problem you are not going to lose your combo. Having a combo duration mod also can help a lot, Swift Momentum is pretty good for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, rodzzila said:

Use Naramon instead of Zenurik, with enough efficiency energy shouldn't be a problem and even if you have energy problem you are not going to lose your combo. Having a combo duration mod also can help a lot, Swift Momentum is pretty good for that.

Swift Momentum is only good if you can stack it across multiple party members, and is less damage than using Steel Charge and replacing a mod on the melee weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Guys, i guess what im also wondering is can khora's skill 1 add to the melee counter or no? So what im asking is do i have to melee something 200 times to get the highest combo counter before i start using her skill 1? I honestly dont know how to use her, and im newer to melee play style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Whipclaw builds combo counter when you use it. So you don't actually have to kill anything with your actual melee to keep combo up assuming you have combo duration modded in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Each hit from Whipclaw adds to the Melee Combo Counter so you don't need to hit enemies with your melee to build up your combo or keep it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Oh holy crap I didnt know that, thank you guys! So would the strat to get to the million damage mark be just spam 1? or be to melee a lot then spam 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Though if you want to get to that juicy 12x combo faster use melee first then whipclaw, then go crazy with whipclaw, also equip the mod for whipclaw it gives you extra damage to the whip.

latest?cb=20180906175733

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

Oh holy crap I didnt know that, thank you guys! So would the strat to get to the million damage mark be just spam 1? or be to melee a lot then spam 1?

Hard to say.

Note that only direct hit (includes the blast) from the whip would be counted into the counter, chained damage caused by her 2 and 4 would be neglected if not a direct hit.

The fastest way to get a bunch of hit is by grouping enemies up with 2 first then whip them. Some prefer using the stat stick because the whip build up damage quite early and kill them off too quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

as aforementioned, don't forget to use Accumulating Whipclaw. it's practically a mandatory Mod for Khora, as it lets Whipclaw have ""max"" Strength even while you increase Range for all of the Abilities and push the other Stats. 
as Ensnare and Strangledome don't scale with Strength in any appreciable way, so Accumulating Whipclaw lets you use min Strength to save Mod Slots while still having all of the Strength for Whipclaw.

in short, Accumulating Whipclaw is every Strength Mod in the game, combined into one Mod Slot.

 

7 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You need to put at least one combo duration mod on your stat stick

maybe i'm too used to Ability Weapons that we fully switch to, but isn't Drifting Contact the only one that actually works anyways.

5 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

and is less damage than using Steel Charge and replacing a mod on the melee weapon.

personally for extra safety net i'd be doing both, the extra Damage from Steel Charge is going to be 'meh' anyways, and Drifting Contact + Swift Momentum makes me feel a lot more comfortable for an Ability Weapon.
but that's also because i wouldn't be using it on every Enemy i see, just some here and there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I'm using Body Count on my stat stick, and sometimes it's still difficult to keep the combo. Funny thing is, enemies die so fast it gets problematic to seek them out quickly enough. Accumulating Whipclaw, Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush, a riven and a combo duration mod (or more) are mandatory. 

Note that depending on how much combo duration you have, it may be impossible to keep the counter between waves of defense, interception and such (Arbitration is different). In these cases, you'll be better off with another build. E.g. I'm using a Pupacyst stat stick without combo mods (and without a riven) in Railjack missions, because those Grineer are weak to viral and corrosive, and since the Pupacyst has innate viral damage, it's possible to have both. Ramslead teams melt away in two seconds.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm using Body Count on my stat stick, and sometimes it's still difficult to keep the combo. Funny thing is, enemies die so fast it gets problematic to seek them out quickly enough. Accumulating Whipclaw, Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush, a riven and a combo duration mod (or more) are mandatory. 

Note that depending on how much combo duration you have, it may be impossible to keep the counter between waves of defense, interception and such (Arbitration is different). In these cases, you'll be better off with another build. E.g. I'm using a Pupacyst stat stick without combo mods (and without a riven) in Railjack missions, because those Grineer are weak to viral and corrosive, and since the Pupacyst has innate viral damage, it's possible to have both. Ramslead teams melt away in two seconds.

Naramon's Power Spike is highly recommended for waves type missions. So you won't need to build up the combo all over again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, SHArK-FiN said:

Naramon's Power Spike is highly recommended for waves type missions. So you won't need to build up the combo all over again.

Thanks for the suggestion! I know I'd probably benefit from Naramon more than the schools I have the most progression with (Unairu and Zenurik), when it comes to combo builds anyway, I'm just so lazy 😣

Also, just noticed that Exodia Triumph is also a good tool to build up combo count, if one is using a melee weapon (stat stick).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Also, just noticed that Exodia Triumph is also a good tool to build up combo count, if one is using a melee weapon (stat stick).

It could be, but we should go after highest stats possible from max riven disposition (1.31+) rather than quicker combo.  As the combo cap at 12x anyway, while none of the zaws offer good disposition (highest is 1.15)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Weeping Wounds, [...] , a riven and a combo duration mod (or more) are mandatory. 

No they are not.

1p6Aifg.jpg

This was a test build for Zenurik and it still kills Lv 200 Eximus in Steel Path in 1 or 2 hits.

If I go with Naramon (there are enough Energy Orb drops) I can also ditch Drifting Contact.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

So would the strat to get to the million damage mark be just spam 1? or be to melee a lot then spam 1?

The main thing is the balance between killing everything with one hit and keeping up the combo counter (or building it up). So Naramon + combo duration is... well, extremely useful. "Overkilling" enemies at the expense of continuous stress over loosing the combo counter is not worth it (in my opinion), even if those million+ numbers are cool. In the end this comes down to playstyle and personal preference, and this also includes if and how to make your Khora build energy-selfsufficient (and sufficient enough to use your 2 & 4 occasionally), or to be dependent on pizzas. I prefer "not pizza-dependent" builds (just from personal principle) and I also use whip-Khora almost exclusively on longer & "high-level" missions. While the damage numbers for the whip are huge and the range good, mashing 1 continuously gets... well, a bit boring, and you also have to aim just right, so I mostly use a "usable" stat stick and pop her 1 only at select targets.

Edited by Graavarg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
39 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No they are not.

1p6Aifg.jpg

This was a test build for Zenurik and it still kills Lv 200 Eximus in Steel Path in 1 or 2 hits.

If I go with Naramon (there are enough Energy Orb drops) I can also ditch Drifting Contact.

It all comes down to the level of enemies and also personal taste, I guess. On normal star chart missions, Khora is more than overpowered without any of the acolyte mods. I'd say if you are going to use Blood Rush, it's nice to have high combo duration though, it's better to dedicate a mod slot to Body Count or something like that (without using Naramon), than losing the combo, and you don't have to constantly stress over getting to the next enemy fast enough.

I'd argue it's still highly recommend to have a good riven though. If you're using your melee exclusively as a stat stick, you just have to grab any weapon you unveiled a high disposition riven for. Such a stat stick is just too easy to make to miss out on the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

-snip-

You are not wrong though, but I was merely pointing out the mods you mentioned are far from mandatory. I still see no use of Weeping Wounds. Yes the viral proc is good but still useless. If enemies survive one hit and get the proc they would die in the next hit anyways. Also the distribution of IPS is 33% each which is 66% "wasted potential" in case impact or puncture do proc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are not wrong though, but I was merely pointing out the mods you mentioned are far from mandatory. I still see no use of Weeping Wounds. Yes the viral proc is good but still useless. If enemies survive one hit and get the proc they would die in the next hit anyways. Also the distribution of IPS is 33% each which is 66% "wasted potential" in case impact or puncture do proc

Okay, I see your point, and agree. Should have worded that differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...