Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They really give us "Kill/Convert Lich" elite weekly

(NSW)Mbek

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

If its anywhere before rank 30 can be reached it would be interesting to see people's reactions to this lol

But would the reaction be any different?  A lot of people who complain about challenges do so because they want to/foolishly feel they have to complete every single challenge.  With those people it doesn't matter how far through a season the challenge is, if they feel they can't/aren't willing to complete it then they'll complain.

5 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

But would the reaction be any different?  A lot of people who complain about challenges do so because they want to/foolishly feel they have to complete every single challenge.  With those people it doesn't matter how far through a season the challenge is, if they feel they can't/aren't willing to complete it then they'll complain.

1bmtvm.jpg

That I agree on that one  It be annoying challenge for new players and average players who isn't all the way in the lich system.

Aww damn... I had just finished my Ephemera collection 2 days ago...

Welp, guess I'll decide later if it's actually worth it or not. I do still have kuva weapons that need valence upgrading, which I'll end up sooner or later, so might be a good opportunity nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Aww damn... I had just finished my Ephemera collection 2 days ago...

Welp, guess I'll decide later if it's actually worth it or not. I do still have kuva weapons that need valence upgrading, which I'll end up sooner or later, so might be a good opportunity nonetheless.

Save it for a recovered challenge for when you upgrade a weapon. 

Maybe this will provide the incentive for DE to rework the Lich system to be less about making a number slowly tick over until it reaches the line at which you can finally kill the Lich, and take a few more pages out of the systems it's inspired by to make something more interactive and interesting to play. Would have made dedicating my entire day's session to this less mind-numbing.

Hah.

Who am I kidding? Dr. Sinclairstein and his Igors have already moved on to their next experiment. The best they're going to do is a token integration with Railjack as they promised and never touch it again.

Ah well. I suppose do have some Kuva weapons I've been itching to switch elements on, otherwise I would've just skipped. Just completed this just now by switching my Kuva Nukor to Toxin.

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

What amuses me is when people say newbies can't kill a lich as a defense against lich themed Nightwave challenges, but they don't whine at all about others that take multitudes more effort like killing the profit taker or a Hydrolyst.

but they do whine, i don't know where you found that new players don't whine on hydrolyst, profit taker or silver groove challenge. 

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

others that take multitudes more effort like killing the profit taker or a Hydrolyst.

U mad, bro?

Profit taker can be killed in under 100 seconds with a good team and under 8 minutes solo with decent gear. Hydrolyst can be killed in 12-15 minutes. Killing a Lich (if you didn't have one active before getting this task) will take you anywhere from 100 minutes to Void knows how long, because you may or may not have the required Requiem Mods/Relics. This is by far, the most time-consuming and forced Nightwave task, and it had no place being added until after a massive Lich system rework. 

5 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

But would the reaction be any different? ...

I think so.

Sure, there are always goung to be players who complain, as you say, about any NW act they wouldn't do normally, feeling the need to get every single task done and demanding the game bend to both of those expectations.

That said, those types of players don't represt the whole playerbase, and if anyone is like myself they started letting a ton of acts slip by after hitting Rank 30.

23 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Profit taker can be killed in under 100 seconds with a good team and under 8 minutes solo with decent gear. Hydrolyst can be killed in 12-15 minutes. Killing a Lich (if you didn't have one active before getting this task) will take you anywhere from 100 minutes to Void knows how long

I wonder how those bosses compare in terms of the long game though. Sure, these comparisons are (probably) accurate from time you start the mission to the time you end it. But what about from the time you start the game in its entirety?

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

But what about from the time you start the game in its entirety?

Kuva Liches require reaching MR5 at the very, VERY least (The War Within requirement), which can technically be done in 5 days of playing non-stop due to Mr-per-day limit, but realistically, it will take significantly longer to reach them unless getting boosts from friends and spending plat. Yes, I am well aware that Profit-Taker is locked behind Solaris standing, but PT being a part of Nightwave (bad idea) does not justify Liches being there as well (worse idea). 

5 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

What amuses me is when people say newbies can't kill a lich as a defense against lich themed Nightwave challenges

You know what's even funnier? part of the argument against Bramma was that they were too easy to obtain and low MR players were running around with a Bramma and barely any other weapon leveled.

The Lich challenge is especially bad for those who completed that system, but then I remembered: The entire Chorewave system is bad for players who already finished the content it has you redoing. It's just a laundry list of filler things to do to pretend like the game has daily content between real updates.

I wish we could go back to Alerts and weekly Tenno Reinforcements. Waiting a few months for updates like The Steel Path which only lasts a few days at best gets dry.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

The Lich challenge is especially bad for those who completed that system, but then I remembered: The entire Chorewave system is bad for players who already finished the content it has you redoing. It's just a laundry list of filler things to do to pretend like the game has daily content between real updates.

I wish we could go back to Alerts and weekly Tenno Reinforcements. Waiting a few months for updates like The Steel Path which only lasts a few days at best gets dry.

Ah yes the “one and done” problem. DE could have mostly solve this in a myriad of ways, but when money talks they are unwilling to do it.

I am thinking going through 1-3 hours of dealing with 1 lich, it should give me additional rewards in :

1. The amount of Kuva I can get from farming for 1-3 hours in other gamemodes. 

2. The amount of resources I can get from farming for 1-3 hours in other gamemodes.

3. The amount of Endo I get from farming for 1-3 hours in other gamemodes.

4. The amount of Credits I get from farming for 1-3 hours in other gamemodes.

etc.

Add this and you can see Liches can be enticing to veterans to play besides the “Big 4 sustainable content” : Fissures, Eidolons, ESO, and Arbitrations.

Archived