Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica Gameplay And Early Evaluation

Kazeokuman

Hello everyone, this is Kazeoku!

I decided to post a video on the Ballistica because it is so unique.

Having the ability to do a burst fire of 25 x 4 damage for close range application, as well as, an accurate 100 dmg shot at long range sounds very interesting.

However, the short range only does 4 shots, and the long range shot has travel time.  Moreover, the reload is fairly long... at least longer than other weapons. 

This is an interesting choice, and I wonder what you all think of it.  Please note if you have it yet, if you want it, or if you do not want it in your reply.  

Here is some video game play of the Ballistica:

--------

Edited by Kazeokuman

Thank you for putting a visual on this weapon. By the by, what are the polarities? 

Oh snap, I forgot to talk about that!  It has one "D" polarity, or "Defensive" as folks are calling it.  So Mods like Deep Freeze will fit nicely.  I am super glad you asked that. ^.^

Oh snap, I forgot to talk about that!  It has one "D" polarity, or "Defensive" as folks are calling it.  So Mods like Deep Freeze will fit nicely.  I am super glad you asked that. ^.^

I would prefer a -/Dash/Bar or V polarity as they are more of my playstyle, but at least Ice Mods are okay.

I always treasure weapons with great versatility such as the Soma. I can't wait for this to come out of the foundry tomorrow.

Not to commit a taboo, but I can't wait for the prime version...

EDIT: it'll need some formas. but i tend to keep a frost dmg mod on my guns anyhow, so D isn't too bad...

Edited by Veidgrim

I always treasure weapons with great versatility such as the Soma. I can't wait for this to come out of the foundry tomorrow.

Not to commit a taboo, but I can't wait for the prime version...

EDIT: it'll need some formas. but i tend to keep a frost dmg mod on my guns anyhow, so D isn't too bad...

I don't know if this will replace my Dual Vasto.

As of right now I think Dual Vasto are the most versatile secondary in the game.

They can snipe and they can DPS, dropping level 100 Heavy Grineer in a matter of seconds.

God forbid their power when Armor 2.0 comes out.

Ballistica is nice though.

Cold dmg so you can hit them with follow up shots?  Travel time on the projectile according to OP (haven't built mine yet).  That's my assumption regarding the logic anyways. 

But D slot is always useless. V and - are bes. It's a well known fact (opinion).

Edited by General_Krull

The one thing that interested me was, and it may be a silly thing to... notice, but the strings change coulour as you charged it.

That's a really nice feature to be honest.

Maybe just me seeing things. Hope it wasn't!

19 hours left and waiting...

Actually, you are very very right.  The strings become bright as the weapon charges.  I should have pointed it out, because more than just being aesthetically pleasing, it is actually very good game design.  There are 2 visual indicators as well as a sound indicator that the weapon is charged.  That really helps the experience of using the weapon.  

Also, Congratulations, just a few more hours ^.^