Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Creator Program Applications Now Open!

[DE]Taylor

WF_CreatorPage_WebHeader_3840x1040_V1.jpg

To better support the work of our talented community, today marks the beginning of the brand-new Warframe Creator Program! 

From Captura to Podcasts to everything in between, the goal of the Creator Program is to support and elevate the depth and varied work from our Creators, while providing tools and resources along the way. If you’re a Creator looking for a little help with your content creation, this program might be the fit for you! 

The new Warframe Creator Program supports:  

• Video Producers
  • Broadcasters
  • Podcasts
  • Fan Sites
  • Fan and Captura Artists

Creators are able to opt-in to support such as: Day One Access to brand-new content as it releases, giveaways, and featured content opportunities. Twitch Raids will be returning and will include fan art or other creative streams related to Warframe!

We are looking at other tools to help Creators on their content journey, including the introduction of Artist Workshops led by [DE] Staff and more! This is the start of a new journey with our community content creators and we can’t wait to see this program grow!

Submit your application to join the Warframe Creator Program here

=======

We will be answering questions in this thread for those who have them. 

For concerns about specific community creators, please use our official reporting portal: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=47370

great news, but are you aware of this line

Video Producers and Broadcasters:
  • Have at least 1,000 followers or subscribers

reach 1000 followers and youtube is lot more easier than reaching 1000 subscribers on twitch. are you aware the time we need to reach 1000 subscribers on twitch ?

There we go, now we're off on the right foot. It's time for the new! In this crazy world and starting in this crazy year I hope and pray that many more will find the game through the people who create content for it and see the love and passion shared by so many from creators to developers, and community members alike. 

To the new program, Cheers! o/

İ hope this not will be same with old one. No clan promote. Creator but not any content. Please always check or follow this creators you accept. İf they will not useful for warframe and our community dont let them just be creator for some reason.

Okay. Cool.

Do original content writers/fan fiction/lore/other writers fall under "Fan Sites, Podcasts, or Other Creators" or "Fan Artists"? I assume the former. If that's true, 1K unique visits a month seems a little steep. Not impossible.

Oddly, I think 250 followers for fan artists is a much lower bar. I'm not saying artwork is easier to create. I'm saying that I think traditional fan art creators can easily gain over 250 followers. Their content is more portable, shareable, and digestible. You can look at it and know that you like it within 60 seconds or 5 minutes. It gets re-tweeted by others in the community that like it and can take off from there. It gets re-posted to the subreddit and gets even more eyes on. That's not as easy to accomplish with writing.

I think, based on the feedback and activity this generates, the follower counts could be adjusted for the given medium or content type. Unless these numbers are hard and fast and won't be revisited.

19 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Any specific guidelines or advice on websites and blogs? For instance I have been wanting to make 'A Blind Guy Plays' with articles detailing weapon usability, enemy readability, ease of traversal and navigation within levels, etc etc. What sort of process would I need to go through vs someone doing purely captura vs someone doing twitch or youtube?

What sort of work do you want me to put in so I am of value to the program as opposed to a hanger on going 'OOO free stuff gimme!'

We have supported a wide variety of blogs or websites in the past, so the range is pretty wide. Some would do simple guides about new content released, some would offer extensive reviews or interesting takes, and we even had a few online tools that helped Tenno make builds, etc. Much like YouTube or Twitch, we would like to see an established history of content as well as good design for the website.

19 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Do original content writers/fan fiction/lore/other writers fall under "Fan Sites, Podcasts, or Other Creators" or "Fan Artists"? I assume the former. If that's true, 1K unique visits a month seems a little steep. Not impossible.

Oddly, I think 250 followers for fan artists is a much lower bar. I'm not saying artwork is easier to create. I'm saying that I think traditional fan art creators can easily gain over 250 followers. Their content is more portable, shareable, and digestible. You can look at it and know that you like it within 60 seconds or 5 minutes. It gets re-tweeted by others in the community that like it and can take off from there. It gets re-posted to the subreddit and gets even more eyes on. That's not as easy to accomplish with writing.

I think, based on the feedback and activity this generates, the follower counts could be adjusted for the given medium or content type. Unless these numbers are hard and fast and won't be revisited.

For Writers of fan fiction, I would consider that to fall more into the "Artist" vs "informational fan site" side of things. That said, edge cases will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Honestly, I would just apply and we will be able to offer insight that way after being able to fully review your content.

As for the follower requirement for Fan Artists, this was decided upon after looking at the follower size of many existing Fan Artists in the community. This kind of content has not had traditional support from us compared to 6+ years of support for Partners/Fansites, so we are starting lower and will iterate if needed.

43 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Okay. Cool.

In my 20+ years of being online and sharing things like fan art and artwork in general, I've struggled to make it over 100 at various places. This in of itself isn't a bad thing (I've generally liked being under the radar, honestly), but as someone who wants to be a part of the program and has a strong love of the game... but also has some social anxiety issues when it comes to social media, it's rather... intimidating. But I totally get why, though, don't get me wrong.

1 hour ago, Aisu9 said:

reach 1000 followers and youtube is lot more easier than reaching 1000 subscribers on twitch. are you aware the time we need to reach 1000 subscribers on twitch ?

Hello!

I believe they mean 1000 followers on Twitch, not Subscribers

I applied for the program but I have a question, ideally how much Warframe content a week would one need to produce? My channel focuses on Warframe tutorial videos aimed at newer players, as well as deluxe bundle showcases, usually a couple times a week, although I was just wondering if there's a specific limit you want to see from a creator. For reference this is for YouTube. Cheers. 

• Have at least 1,000 followers or subscribers.
  • Produce high-quality, engaging videos or streams.

Fan Sites, Podcasts, or Other Creators:

• Be primarily Warframe related.
  • Have a minimum of 1000 monthly unique visitors (MUV), listeners, or followers.
  • Cannot be attributed to a Clan or Alliance, or brand yourself as an “Official” website.

Fan Artists:

• Have at least 250 followers or watchers on your main art platform. Currently supported platforms: Twitter, DeviantArt, Instagram, or ArtStation.

And that's it, you missed the opportunity to create something good since 0. I've seen a lot of good youtube guides or channels made by passionate people with less than 1000 subscribers, but yeah, those meme and drama youtubers sure deserves the spot you have granted them since always.

Fan Artists:

• Have at least 250 followers or watchers on your main art platform. Currently supported platforms: Twitter, DeviantArt, Instagram, or ArtStation.

No musician support? They make fan art too, with music.

3 hours ago, Aisu9 said:

Not that hard I'm sitting at 2.6k+ right now

1 hour ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Fan sites? Does this mean sites like warframe.market can be officially sanctioned by DE?

"Fan Sites, Podcasts, or Other Creators:

• Cannot be attributed to a Clan or Alliance, or brand yourself as an “Official” website."

I think that means no.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Wellllll. . . shet. Guess I'm plum outta luck then. Have fun folks!

Don't count yourself out, my guy. As per Taylor's response below, it might be possible for fan content writers (like yourself) to qualify as a fan artist. 

Assuming you haven't already, the first step would be creating a dedicated site of your own (there are a lot of good free website options). The next would be moving all your content there and maintaining it (or creating new content on your site with back links to the forum content), continuing to add more content. Draw readers to your site and prominently display (and accurately track) your followers/visitors. 

I think this is easier for you to accomplish (than me) because you haven't stopped creating content/haven't taken too long a hiatus from it. You simply need to migrate what you do on the forum to a dedicated site.

Won't be easy but I believe in you.

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We have supported a wide variety of blogs or websites in the past, so the range is pretty wide. Some would do simple guides about new content released, some would offer extensive reviews or interesting takes, and we even had a few online tools that helped Tenno make builds, etc. Much like YouTube or Twitch, we would like to see an established history of content as well as good design for the website.

For Writers of fan fiction, I would consider that to fall more into the "Artist" vs "informational fan site" side of things. That said, edge cases will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Honestly, I would just apply and we will be able to offer insight that way after being able to fully review your content.

As for the follower requirement for Fan Artists, this was decided upon after looking at the follower size of many existing Fan Artists in the community. This kind of content has not had traditional support from us compared to 6+ years of support for Partners/Fansites, so we are starting lower and will iterate if needed.

Thanks. This helps clarify things. (I consider writing art, too, but assumed it'd be classified in the other category.)

3 hours ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

In my 20+ years of being online and sharing things like fan art and artwork in general, I've struggled to make it over 100 at various places. This in of itself isn't a bad thing (I've generally liked being under the radar, honestly), but as someone who wants to be a part of the program and has a strong love of the game... but also has some social anxiety issues when it comes to social media, it's rather... intimidating. But I totally get why, though, don't get me wrong.

As someone with somewhat similar perspectives, I think I understand your reservations and your experience. Thanks for sharing it. You can do it and I believe in you. 

2 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Don't count yourself out, my guy. As per Taylor's response below, it might be possible for fan content writers (like yourself) to qualify as a fan artist. 

Assuming you haven't already, the first step would be creating a dedicated site of your own (there are a lot of good free website options). The next would be moving all your content there and maintaining it (or creating new content on your site with back links to the forum content), continuing to add more content. Draw readers to your site and prominently display (and accurately track) your followers/visitors. 

I think this is easier for you to accomplish (than me) because you haven't stopped creating content/haven't taken too long a hiatus from it. You simply need to migrate what you do on the forum to a dedicated site.

Won't be easy but I believe in you.

Thanks. This helps clarify things. (I consider writing art, too, but assumed it'd be classified in the other category.)

As someone with somewhat similar perspectives, I think I understand your reservations and your experience. Thanks for sharing it. You can do it and I believe in you. 

Just. . . uproot everything? Pick it up, chuck it onto there, pump out content like a factory?

Agh, I don't think I can pull that off, to say nothing of attracting an audience.

Back in the day, when it was you and Mr. TNC, looking at my work, folks still bothered coming around (Mr. Wolf certainly counts.), the creative gravy train was still long and winding, I think it might have been possible.

Nowadays though? I feel like I'm a bit past my prime now. It's harder to craft designs that haven't already been made, I've been around to long to be interesting to anyone the way I was back then.

Might be that I just don't fit the target parameters.

13 minutes ago, Unus said:

Just. . . uproot everything? Pick it up, chuck it onto there, pump out content like a factory?

Agh, I don't think I can pull that off, to say nothing of attracting an audience.

Back in the day, when it was you and Mr. TNC, looking at my work, folks still bothered coming around (Mr. Wolf certainly counts.), the creative gravy train was still long and winding, I think it might have been possible.

Nowadays though? I feel like I'm a bit past my prime now. It's harder to craft designs that haven't already been made, I've been around to long to be interesting to anyone the way I was back then.

Might be that I just don't fit the target parameters.

Don't say that! What you might consider "uninteresting" may be really interesting to someone else. As someone who's struggled with similar feelings over the years I've been in and out of various fandoms (and in the general artist community), I won't deny it can be hard to build an audience. Fan fic, regrettably, isn't suited (for lack of a better term, I apologize) for heavily visually oriented social media sites like Twitter, Instagram, or even Tumblr (for those who still use it, anyways), and that's a shame. Make all the jokes one will about fan fic, I have come across some really well-written ones recently that aren't adult or id fic. It's as much of a valid art form as visual works are, IMHO.

Having said that, my suggestion would be to maybe have a Twitter account or something, and use it to link to your fan fics on a website (like one you can make on Carrd for free) or on Archive of Our Own. People can retweet your links to your work and it can get noticed that way. (Snazzy thumbnails also get attention, too) Heck, if you did that, I'd be happy to signal boost your stuff to my followers, too. We all lift together, after all! 

(Sorry... I just get really upset when I see someone discouraged. Yeah, it can be hard, but you never know if you don't at least try.)

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

Don't say that! What you might consider "uninteresting" may be really interesting to someone else. As someone who's struggled with similar feelings over the years I've been in and out of various fandoms (and in the general artist community), I won't deny it can be hard to build an audience. Fan fic, regrettably, isn't suited (for lack of a better term, I apologize) for heavily visually oriented social media sites like Twitter, Instagram, or even Tumblr (for those who still use it, anyways), and that's a shame. Make all the jokes one will about fan fic, I have come across some really well-written ones recently that aren't adult or id fic. It's as much of a valid art form as visual works are, IMHO.

Having said that, my suggestion would be to maybe have a Twitter account or something, and use it to link to your fan fics on a website (like one you can make on Carrd for free) or on Archive of Our Own. People can retweet your links to your work and it can get noticed that way. (Snazzy thumbnails also get attention, too) Heck, if you did that, I'd be happy to signal boost your stuff to my followers, too. We all lift together, after all! 

(Sorry... I just get really upset when I see someone discouraged. Yeah, it can be hard, but you never know if you don't at least try.)

I mean, it's been four years of me designing here, with a tiny tendril grown in one comic series that was burned a bit due to technical malfunctions and a modest one grown into an ancient multimedia franchise.

It just feels like I've reached peak mass, or, gone over a hump of "interest" that was inevitably going to fade with the game and the time I've been here. I'm a bit of a dinosaur, just a fact.

Is it? I don't know if folks have the attention span or interest in reading anymore like they once did, if they did. I'm sure it's a legitimate art form, but. . . feels like being a cuneiform sculptor amidst a sea of Rembrandts. Ell, my associate, Mr. Fluffywolf, does what I have done, only, he can draw his work as well. If that's not a sign of me being a living fossil, I don't know what is.

Perhaps my artistic associates and their donations over the years have been the true meat of my work, not the writing monoliths, but, the designs made pixels and ink?

Oh, I already have a Twitter sir/mam, and I beleive I've bottomed out there as well. The response to my work that had art and citation links was good on views and all that, but. . . no one talked and, when I ran out of art entries and links to my art associates and began posting excerpts and links to my designs. . . well, not even the views survived.

Thats okay though, might mean that the quality of my selections might have been subpar, need to mine my Pit for quality better.

Oh, you don't need to go out of your way sir/mam. I won't use you like some kinda spring board to squawk at others like a toddler with a finger painted snake/tree/horse. I especially don't want it to be a "clash" between what your wo. . . well, actually, what do you work upon sir/mam?

Archived