Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Creator Program Applications Now Open!

[DE]Taylor

@Unus , I appreciate and understand your reservations, too. It's something each content creator has to decide for themselves, definitely. I'm happy to give others advice but...can't say I know how to approach the program myself or claim it'd be easy to take my own advice. Wouldn't be sure where to start, really. I'm not where I was in 2015-2018. Were this program around then, I think I'd have a stronger drive and desire to create content. It's 2020 and I'm pulled in different directions.

I'm excited for everyone still creating content and would really encourage everyone who feels they've got a shot to take it, though.

Spoiler

We should catch up. You haven't seen me on Discord for a while because I can't run that resource hog on my work laptop anymore. I also probably kind of sort of hate Discord.

This sounds great! I have a few questions for fan artists:

1. What regularity do fan artists need to upload / create Warframe-related work to be considered Partner material? Speaking purely in regards to myself, I do freelance work which forms the majority of my uploads. If I wanted to apply as a creator, what kind of balance would DE expect / want to see of me / an artist overall to show that I'd "belong" in the program? ex: would an artist be expected to stream their art or similar?
  2. How exactly are fan artists / writers being supported through DE / WF? (Is there anything more you can tell us about the Art Workshop at this time? Can artists outside of the creator program be featured in the workshop, like they are during Prime Time?)
  3. It's already been mentioned that the follower count requirement sets a pretty low bar for entry, is there anything else for fan artists in particular that DE is looking for to bring into the Creator Program? using myself as an example again, I have over 3K followers on Twitter, but only so much of my work is WF-related, therefor my personal connection to the WF community at large is much more limited in comparison to the rest of my current audience. Technically, I could apply, but would a fan artist like myself be what DE is looking for for the program?
  4. Is there a time limit for applications? Or can we apply whenever we feel we're ready?

Also, a couple more questions specifically in regards to NSFW. Most of my work is SFW, but I also create "borderline" and actual NSFW material by commission and for fun:

1. "Note: we reserve the right to not offer support if we find that NSFW content produced is illegal or obscene." Would you be able to elaborate on this? Wording here gives the impression that both points, on both illegality and obscenity, are opinion-based rather than based on any hard rules. Is DE following a specific set of national or international laws in relation to this? I'm asking because certain laws are not the same in Alberta versus Ontario versus the US versus Britain, etc.
  2. In relation to obscenity, what would count as obscene in relation to what DE would not want associated with WF / the creator program? "Common sense" is not much of a guide, as one man's trash is another man's treasure and vice-versa.
  3. Does obscenity include "dark" or "violent" work?
  4. Do these guidelines extend beyond fan art in terms of what kind of image a fan artist who is a part of the creator program is expected to uphold? Using myself as an example again, creature design and dark art / body horror (if you are unfamiliar with what this is, Hellraiser and John Carpenter's The Thing are excellent examples) are a staple of my business and does also come through in my fanart; would this be potentially considered unfit for the creator program?

This is a lot, but thank you for taking the time to answer if you're able!

I'd like to know if possible, what does it entail to be a Captura artist Warframe partner? i do screenshots of games i play, i make HQ shots and also some crafty stuff with reshade, and Warframe is something i create captura shots regularly along side with many other games, something i quite passionately been doing for several years now. What i like to understand is what does one do if per say, if i get selected or anyone who does captura specifically gets picked? do you need to make a 2 or 3 tweets on captura every month? showcase some deluxe skin captura when some new skins are released? Can a person screenshotting other games have to stop making shots of other games and be Warframe specific?

On a personal perspective people who make fan art digitally and somewhat are making something far more than per say someone like myself who creates shots from games as a base in showcasing and sharing the aesthetics of the game/fashion frame and creating content revolving this. Definitely intrigued but would definitely like to know more on Captura specific info if possible at this time.

Thank you, have a good day.

11 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Don't count yourself out, my guy. As per Taylor's response below, it might be possible for fan content writers (like yourself) to qualify as a fan artist. 

Assuming you haven't already, the first step would be creating a dedicated site of your own (there are a lot of good free website options). The next would be moving all your content there and maintaining it (or creating new content on your site with back links to the forum content), continuing to add more content. Draw readers to your site and prominently display (and accurately track) your followers/visitors. 

I think this is easier for you to accomplish (than me) because you haven't stopped creating content/haven't taken too long a hiatus from it. You simply need to migrate what you do on the forum to a dedicated site.

Won't be easy but I believe in you.

Thanks. This helps clarify things. (I consider writing art, too, but assumed it'd be classified in the other category.)

As someone with somewhat similar perspectives, I think I understand your reservations and your experience. Thanks for sharing it. You can do it and I believe in you. 

This project already did an amazing thing, It's already bringing us smol creators together 🙂

On 2020-07-13 at 11:50 PM, Aisu9 said:

great news, but are you aware of this line

Video Producers and Broadcasters:
  • Have at least 1,000 followers or subscribers

reach 1000 followers and youtube is lot more easier than reaching 1000 subscribers on twitch. are you aware the time we need to reach 1000 subscribers on twitch ?

you do realise 1000 followers still count twitch followers

On 2020-07-13 at 4:45 PM, Tangociss said:

I applied for the program but I have a question, ideally how much Warframe content a week would one need to produce? My channel focuses on Warframe tutorial videos aimed at newer players, as well as deluxe bundle showcases, usually a couple times a week, although I was just wondering if there's a specific limit you want to see from a creator. For reference this is for YouTube. Cheers. 

There is no weekly requirement. Since the varying amount of time different types of content take to produce, we do not have one set rule for activity. There are individuals in the community who take a month to create a highly detailed video or art piece, or those who are able to livestream everyday. We have internal guidelines in place, but it is handled on a case-by-case basis since everyone makes content differently. 

I personally would consider you example of 1-2 YouTube videos a week to be a great sign of consistent activity, but it depends on a) how much time that video takes to create and b) what kind of content you make (i.e. if you are focused on covering new items, which is directly influenced by our update schedules, or new player guide videos which are less reliant on new content releases). 🙂

TL;DR: There are many factors we consider when gauging overall "activity" from a Creator. Hope this helps!

On 2020-07-13 at 2:48 PM, MarrikBroom said:

Will that feedback actually get listened to and acted on, or will we get situations where 'partners' would brag that you had no authority over them while talking down to anyone and everyone they either disagreed with or didn't like? Or made what amounted to threats on stream or video about how 'my community will flag you into oblivion' or 'i will personally *sound offist hitting meat*'? What way will this link be used to reign in problematic creators? 

And what protections will creators have to brigading from subsets of the community that just don't like them, but they haven't actually done anything wrong?

And what of creators who express opinions that DE staff then mock on twitter?

What checks and balances will exist to prevent 'meet the new program same as the old where our boot lickers will remain no matter how horrible they act while we can and will throw you out because we just plain don't like you'?

On 2020-07-13 at 4:04 PM, MarrikBroom said:

Given some... contentious partners used that line right there to run roughshod over everyone? Can we get some official clarification, or rather a rewording of that line so that will be less appealing to be used as a shield for the creator to hide behind especially given the 'we reserve the right to remove at any time' can, and will be used at any time with zero notice, recourse, and at best mocking tweets from Staff if you're lucky? That feels rather unfair as there is no chance to correct issues, nothing to deal with potential for 'we will allow ONE guy to shield behind 'private person we have no control of' but 'OTHER person shares stuff on his personal twitter account that is not part of his warframe related content will serve as justice for immediate removal.'

I find that to be exceedingly unfair, unjust, and pretty transparently open for abuse.Mostly because of past behavior.

I want to believe you are going to do better, but given that was in the partner ToS and the above outlined behaviors were observed? What am I supposed to think?

You can stop dancing around and actually say what you want to say. There's only one or two places your increasingly oddly specific questions can end up. Just get on with it.

Citation

Cannot be attributed to a Clan or Alliance

What is the reason for DE to exclude clans from being partners ?
This particular condition had been removed last year ... only to reappear now ?!

Is it to be fair ? If it is .... just dont hand out stuff to begin with ...
Why are you pretending that youtubers and streamers dont belong to clans and alliances ?
Most of them have their own clans that they fill with their own community ... 
And the players from those clans and alliances benefit from the giveaways you give them ...

Why would doing something as a group be a problem ? Does it somehow have less worth ??

You are seeing the game as some kind of competition between clans  .... except there is no more competition in the game ... the dark sectors are no more ... and events with endurance runs are rare to say the least. I hope we never see rewards like the ignis wraith research again

What if a clan could be removed from the competitive side of Warframe ? If a clan could choose not to appear in any leaderboard in order to dedicate itself to helping other players ... could it then be a partner ?

Hi there! Is there any deadline or plans to cut off applications? I went on hiatus for some time from content making so I'm starting to become more active now. I wanted to build up some content again before applying to show consistency and activeness. 

Thanks so much! 

20 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

No actually I can't, because if i try to the mods here will rain down a scuttle full of tiny anvils on my head and then delete the post. I want the point to be understood rather than be seen as overly hostile and vindictive. Given one sentence I had read goes 'oh we have no sway over these people' and the next is 'we will slap you whenever we feel like it' that is very abuseable as a pair of statements that are held in equal regard.

Not speaking for DE here, but I'm going to try and answer your questions/concerns with a bit of a common sense/devil's advocate approach.

To answer your questions, there is no guarantee that reports/complaints you send in will be acted upon in the way that you want. The long and short of it is that reports made will only be acted upon if it's clear that a creator is violating the code of conduct of the creator program. Basically, what you want to happen may not necessarily be what should happen. 

It's ultimately up to DE; of they determine that the creator is not violating the Code of Conduct/EULA/Tends of Use Agreement, then it is very unlikely that any action will occur.

What it comes down to is that DE cannot tell creators what to do or not to do; they are welcome to say whatever they want... However that freedom of speech/expression is not freedom from consequence. If they say or do something that clearly in violation of the rules of the program, they'll probably be warned, if not outright removed. However it's also important to keep in mind that any action taken (and/or the reasons for it) will likely not be publicized, not unlike how forum warning points or game suspensions are handled--that is to say it'll be kept ass a private matter.

That's the long of it.

The short of it is that mob justice is not really justice (might doesn't always mean right), reports are acted upon if it's clear that the rules have been violated, and it doesn't matter how many reports from how many users get submitted if there's nothing actionable with regards to enforcing the rules. If a report you submit shows that the rules are clearly being violated by the reported user, then action will be taken.

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Not speaking for DE here, but I'm going to try and answer your questions/concerns with a bit of a common sense/devil's advocate approach.

To answer your questions, there is no guarantee that reports/complaints you send in will be acted upon in the way that you want. The long and short of it is that reports made will only be acted upon if it's clear that a creator is violating the code of conduct of the creator program. Basically, what you want to happen may not necessarily be what should happen. 

It's ultimately up to DE; of they determine that the creator is not violating the Code of Conduct/EULA/Tends of Use Agreement, then it is very unlikely that any action will occur.

What it comes down to is that DE cannot tell creators what to do or not to do; they are welcome to say whatever they want... However that freedom of speech/expression is not freedom from consequence. If they say or do something that clearly in violation of the rules of the program, they'll probably be warned, if not outright removed. However it's also important to keep in mind that any action taken (and/or the reasons for it) will likely not be publicized, not unlike how forum warning points or game suspensions are handled--that is to say it'll be kept ass a private matter.

That's the long of it.

The short of it is that mob justice is not really justice (might doesn't always mean right), reports are acted upon if it's clear that the rules have been violated, and it doesn't matter how many reports from how many users get submitted if there's nothing actionable with regards to enforcing the rules. If a report you submit shows that the rules are clearly being violated by the reported user, then action will be taken.

I mean no disrespect, but we know that what you're saying has not been the case when it comes to certain partners. What MarrikBroom is asking is what guarantees do we have that DE is going to change their behavior with respect to partner (or mod, or anyone associated with DE) discipline. A large subset of the community does not trust DE because they have allowed certain partners to continually behave in a toxic manner. Ignoring the issue of DE not doing what you say they've done (reports being acted on if it's clear that the rules have been violated) does not mean the issue doesn't exist. Will there be true justice that is applied equally? I don't think you're in a position to really answer that, but if you are, I think people would want to know if that will happen. It hasn't happened, and DE failing to address this shortcoming of theirs has led to a distrust of DE by a skeptical subset of the Warframe community. To be clear, confidence in DE's fair and just handling of the Creator Program will determine confidence in DE as a whole for this skeptical subset of the community.

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

As one of those vocally skeptical persons who has a perhaps irrational disgust at how DE mishandled the interpersonal aspects of these things?

I want to trust you guys. Warframe is a game I love and for a time the community was awesome and wonderful, and the community staff were friendly and approachable and wow nobody else does these sort of weekly streams.

But I see time and again where that trust and faith are misplaced, and have yet to see anything but covering up, dodging, or whtiewashing with shades of community blaming. this does not inspire confidence the new program isn't going to be 'meet the new program same as the old.'

I dearly want to be proven wrong here, but coming in pointing fingers saying how we are the mob and you don't always get hte way you want so stop crying and shouting...

That isn't it.

Please prove that mistrust wrong. Be better than you were because I know you can be.

Very well said.

3 hours ago, OniDax said:

I don't think you're in a position to really answer that, but if you are, I think people would want to know if that will happen.

I'm not in a position to answer that, as I don't have insight in, or participate with how the partner program is/had been moderated. That's why I prefaced my post with the note about my not speaking for DE. I also don't think the people who want to know 'if that will happen' will even be receptive to a written statement. It's clear from what you posted as well as what others have that the mistrust is so deep that the only thing that probably has any hope of repairing it is the saying of 'actions speak louder than words'... though this is a double edged sword, because unless DE acts in a very specific way (that is, to appease those who believe they have been wronged), the mistrust will only deepen.

3 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Given how you in specific are the mod in question I have problems with? This should be 'good'. Grab popcorn kids!

If you have a problem with how you have been moderated or how I've conducted myself, feel free to contact me privately. It's clear you seem to have some sort of bone to pick with me; this is not the place to do it.

3 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

So to you we are 'the mob' to be shouted down, sneered at, and treated like chattle that must be afraid that we will be zotted from the heavens by your all benevolant gaze unless we are personal close buddies with staff?

Get over yourself. Give me answers and stop with the excuses.

No, to me you are a user who has a complaint with how another user within the community has conducted themselves. Unfortunately, not every situation is resolved in the way that you, I, or other people want. Just because it's not the outcome that was wanted doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. This is what I meant by "Might doesn't always mean right," the 'mob' in 'mob justice' is subject to the same human shortcomings as anything else; it can be misguided, it can be incorrect, and it can be susceptible to influences that set it down a path of believing that their way is the only way (and becoming a colloquial echo chamber)--to be absolutely clear though I am not shouting down at, sneering or saying the 'mob' or aggrieved party should be treated like chattle (your words, not mine). I am not saying the 'mob' is always wrong, just that it can be. The mob can also be right. But I don't have enough information or perspective on the matter to claim it is either, so I take it with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Please prove that mistrust wrong. Be better than you were because I know you can be.

You've made it clear with this post and your last few that there's probably nothing at all that could be said to assuage your 'perhaps irrational disgust' (your words, not mine) and that you're not open to the possibility that perhaps your reports did not identify incidents of actual misconduct. Again, I do not have insight into how the moderation of the Partner program was moderated, nor do I have access to support tickets/etc where partners had been reported; this results in the simple fact that I can't pass judgement on the matter, I am only playing devils advocate based on my own experiences.

Now that things have hopefully settled a bit, and just out of curiosity:

Any explanation on why the Fan Discords did not make it into the new program?

I mean, it doesn't make much of a difference, there was hardly any interaction beyond the Glyph and I think the Prime Access giveaways. Or I just don't have enough insight, I guess. I mean, if it's just that they don't fit the new format, that's explanation enough. Just wondering, really.

P.S. I'm only asking this here because the other thread is now locked.

Il y a 6 heures, Kontrollo a dit :

Any explanation on why the Fan Discords did not make it into the new program?

I can think of 2 reasons why DE would do this :

- managing a Discord Server is not much work ... it doesnt 'create' content

- most communities (that form around an influencer, a tool or a clan or alliance) have their own discord. Favorising a discord that is 'only a discord' takes members away from the servers that are 'more than a discord' 

Are the "Old Content Creators" getting a Free Pass?, as they are some "Certain" people (I will not name them ofc) that are unfit for Warframe and alot of people feel they are unwelcome here, even more so then key subjects. (People kown who I talk about), What about them?

P.S: An Mod/Dev can DM me, if they feel the need to understand what I am trying to point out, even tho I admit, it's only a one persons viewpoint, I can not speak for the whole of the Warframe-Community

il y a 24 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

Are the "Old Content Creators" getting a Free Pass?

Nope. They have specifically said that people who were part of the initial partner program will not be "grandfathered" in.

If they want in, they are going to apply and face the same procedures as everyone else.

11 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Nope. They have specifically said that people who were part of the initial partner program will not be "grandfathered" in.

If they want in, they are going to apply and face the same procedures as everyone else.

I see, but I still rather have clarification on DE's part that they are not adding certain folks, cuz it will just be a repeat of the same old content folks and we'll be back at the start

On 2020-07-15 at 10:01 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

You can stop dancing around and actually say what you want to say. There's only one or two places your increasingly oddly specific questions can end up. Just get on with it.

Ah, trust me I think he whuold, but to outright say who he talks about, it's pretty much name and shaming, hence why I had to beat around the bush a bit too, although it is quite clear on who we talk about, if not, then as I said in my massage, Mods/Devs can send a Inbox, if they wish for me to be more clear and blunt (or even you, if you do desire, but again, it's more of a viewpoint, then an massive "issue")

On 2020-07-16 at 8:40 PM, Letter13 said:

Do you mind if I drop you a DM?, While I do not understand the retention between you and the other player, I do feel that he is trying to put certain old CC into the light, without, well breaking the rules of the forms, as with I.

While you are only an mod and don't have too much heavy weight, it will be still nice to have a Insight of what you kown and can freely share without ToS or breach of (forgot the name of it, but it's something to do with DA?)

On 2020-07-18 at 5:47 PM, Protideus said:

I can think of 2 reasons why DE would do this :

- managing a Discord Server is not much work ... it doesnt 'create' content

- most communities (that form around an influencer, a tool or a clan or alliance) have their own discord. Favorising a discord that is 'only a discord' takes members away from the servers that are 'more than a discord' 

I can think of another reason, and not getting an official response makes that all the more likely, but let's not go into that.

The Discord server in question has been around since early 2016, does have channels for people who create content and they do, although they're individually not popular enough to be part of this new program. Additionally, there are several bots that'd fall under the new 'community tools' rule, if they were hosted on their own websites, I'd say.

Especially those bots and related work (testing, gathering stats) took a lot of time. I know, because I was maintaining an earlier version of one in 2016.

In fact, from a personal point of view -- and I don't really want to downplay the giveaways, those were also nice, but optional -- the best thing about it being a Fan Discord was that link on DE's page. I'm not sure how many people found their way to it through that, but it certainly helped its visibility, and in turn the players getting help if they wanted to, be that through the aforementioned bots or other tips and explanations.

However, with the game's lack of maintenance, in the end it doesn't make much of a difference whether it's there anymore or not.

Archived