Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies punch through shield gating and limbo's rift

Silvertap

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it seens like (or maybe i missing something).

So it has been some time now that some enemies can hit Limbo while he is the rift (even when outside the bubble, when u just dash). I don't understand why this happen, but for me it was always something like "It is rare, i don't play much limbo, just have to pay attention"; but now we have harder foes to fight, and this friday while playing with friend he exclamed "man! Shield Gating failed, my Khora got a straight hitkill" and i said "Maybe it was a tox damage" and he replyed "No, i'm using Arcane Resist R5". I accepted his answer but, inside i thought "it was just a misplay, no biggy". Yesterdey i was with my Octavia, with Arcane Resistance R5, and got a straight hitkill, i was with 1.4k overshield, and i just remember what happend to my friend, and i thought to myself "Did i not noticed when i lost my shields? Was it a misplay?" i spent the rest of the run in fear "not safe anymore! this freaking infested dirts all the map!". And just Now my Limbo took damage while in rift again, while i was doing the Sortie. 

So i decided to report to see what is going on.

Sorry for the bad english...   

Some enemy attacks are classified as abilities and go through Limbo's rift. In theory, this might apply to shield gating as well.

Do you have more details about when it happened? What mission / faction, enemies you might have been fighting...

Also keep in mind that Arcane Resistance only prevents Toxin procs - but Toxin damage by itself will bypass shields.

1 minute ago, Tyreaus said:

Do you have more details about when it happened? What mission / faction, enemies you might have been fighting...

With Octavia (yesterday) and limbo (today) was against infested, one in arbitrations, and the other in sortie. with infested sometimes is hard to see from where the hit came from, but i'm pretty sure that octavia died from an Ancient infested enemy, while limbo, i think he took damage from that orange/yellow puddle (i think).

7 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Some enemy attacks are classified as abilities and go through Limbo's rift. In theory, this might apply to shield gating as well.

Also keep in mind that Arcane Resistance only prevents Toxin procs - but Toxin damage by itself will bypass shields.

If that is really the case, that would explain why limbo taking damge and Octavia and Khora didn't actvating shield gating. Althought i don't feel very great about how tox goes through against arcane resistance, and limbos rift been able to been breached, it is what it is.

Ty for your time ^^

Archived