Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Save

(XBOX)AtomBoyX

• I have this idea called cross-save it would be used so when you link all your accounts with warframe (or the accounts you usually use) and once done you can play with your steam account on Xbox and your Xbox account on steam and the same and reverse with switch and ps4 I got this idea since I recently got a switch and I saw Warframe was on it I was feeling pumped up but then I went on the game and realized there’s no way for me to get all my progress and stuff on my Xbox on the switch. Also if you do this idea your download count might double or be 0.5 more thanks for listening to my idea I hope you develop it in your game somehow sorry if I used submit a ticket for wrong thing just please tell other people who work at Warframe about the idea please it would really help

•  

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

It’s been a day or two since one of these posts popped up. I knew it was due.

Its basically like every 6 hours or so on the reddit.  

Everyone thinks that DE has never heard of the concept before so always need to make an argument on why it would be a great original idea. 

On 2020-07-13 at 9:18 PM, yarl5000 said:

Its basically like every 6 hours or so on the reddit.  

Everyone thinks that DE has never heard of the concept before so always need to make an argument on why it would be a great original idea. 

While the idea isn't original, it is certainly a great idea.

DE are just making up excuses as to why it's not 'possible'¨.

It's pure and utter nonsense. It is more than doable and other developers have already implemented the feature in their respective games. One such game being Destiny 2.

4 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

While the idea isn't original, it is certainly a great idea.

DE are just making up excuses as to why it's not 'possible'¨.

It's pure and utter nonsense. It is more than doable and other developers have already implemented the feature in their respective games. One such game being Destiny 2.

No one is saying it isn't a good idea.  I haven't seen them say anything recently that it isn't possible just that it is being worked on. 

That said yes a much newer game that hasn't had years of code build up was able to do it much faster than an older game, with the shift in console manufactures allowing for cross saves for all games being only released late 2019 as Sony finally opened up support for cross save/play. 

13 minutes ago, yarl5000 said:

No one is saying it isn't a good idea.  I haven't seen them say anything recently that it isn't possible just that it is being worked on. 

That said yes a much newer game that hasn't had years of code build up was able to do it much faster than an older game, with the shift in console manufactures allowing for cross saves for all games being only released late 2019 as Sony finally opened up support for cross save/play. 

The argument that it's not possible is still moot as hell though.

Cross save is cloud based, not client based nor server based. It has nothing to do with coding. It's about file format conversion for when the save file gets pulled from one platform to another to match it with the file format the other platform uses for the save file system.

8 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

The argument that it's not possible is still moot as hell though.

Cross save is cloud based, not client based nor server based. It has nothing to do with coding. It's about file format conversion for when the save file gets pulled from one platform to another to match it with the file format the other platform uses for the save file system.

Didn't say it wasn't possible. 

Technical limitations are probably not the major issue it is the legal and logistical issues. 

Its not the code thats the problem, but economics.

The thing is: Plat coupon exist on PC, but not on console. Everyone and their mom buy plat on PC for 50-75% off. That means severe plat inflation on PC. Player-player transactions cost way more plat than consoles does.  Everything from prime parts to rivens cost more plat on PC than it does on console.  Also the reason why you can buy Tennogen with plat on console, but not on PC

You might be thinking "i dont play the markets so i dont care" but the thing is: a lot of people do. Merging accounts across all platform will no doubt cause great upheaval. I can't even begin to think of a way to harmonize the economy across platform. And plat involves real life currency too so DE might be looking at potential legal problems from such a move.  

At the end of the day, the difference in warframe economies make crossplatform saves more trouble than it is worth.

Edit: Destiny 2 doesnt have player-player economy so it is not an issue for them. 

• 4 weeks later...
Am 15.7.2020 um 00:59 schrieb Bakaguya-sama:

Its not the code thats the problem, but economics.

The thing is: Plat coupon exist on PC, but not on console. Everyone and their mom buy plat on PC for 50-75% off. That means severe plat inflation on PC. Player-player transactions cost way more plat than consoles does.  Everything from prime parts to rivens cost more plat on PC than it does on console.  Also the reason why you can buy Tennogen with plat on console, but not on PC

You might be thinking "i dont play the markets so i dont care" but the thing is: a lot of people do. Merging accounts across all platform will no doubt cause great upheaval. I can't even begin to think of a way to harmonize the economy across platform. And plat involves real life currency too so DE might be looking at potential legal problems from such a move.  

At the end of the day, the difference in warframe economies make crossplatform saves more trouble than it is worth.

Edit: Destiny 2 doesnt have player-player economy so it is not an issue for them. 

That's true, but they had more than enough time to figure it out 🙂

They could exclude the plat from the crossave feature and just let it remain exclusive to the save of each plattform. xP Many games do it that way.

I mean even Witcher 3 added crossaves to Switch in only a few months 😅

They are never going to do it. They would lose too much in short term profits/playerbase because they'd lose the "double dippers". Whenever it comes up you can just feel Steve rolling his eyes. They like to avoid this topic if they can. The only reason it was asked in the DevStream was because it was literally being spammed in the chat by 20-30 people. The last I heard they only had one person working on finding out how to do it and it wasn't looking good. Unfortunately we are going to be segregated as Tenno until the end of time. But who knows, maybe one day at a Tennocon they will shock the crud out of us by doing something that would actually save the game in the long run. But I don't think they will. Those short term profits are too sexy to AAA developers like DE. Plus, their hands are probably tied by their corporate masters. The more people skimming the pot the more profit must be made. Poor DE. I don't envy their position at all. They still manage to do a good job despite all this. 

But if only cross-save were in their cross-hairs... 

Archived