Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They Need to raise the ceiling!

0_The_F00l

Catchy title aside i am talking about the literal ceiling in tile sets where you get respawned back if you go out of bounds.

This is understandable and made sense back in the day when parkour was not as prominent and tenno couldn't leap 5 storeys in a single bullet jump.

It probably made optimizing tiles easier as well.

I have had fewer issues with the recent tilesets (Jupiter , corpus ship) but issues are very frequent with other locations (ice planet , grineer shipyard , galleon)

Why am i saying this now?

Few reasons ,

1) When they did the arcane rework they boosted parkour speed of arcane consequence making it much easier to trigger and use,

2) They now introduced a game mode where speed and mobility can be well used (at least for my playstyle) to get around quickly , close gaps and get out of danger .

3) It is greatly rhyme breaking when you are in the flow of parkour and you jump , overshoot the ceiling and are transported back between enemies that are alerted and able to quickly kill you while you re orient yourself.

I am wondering if i am in the minority in this and would like the views of others.

I would really like an actual collision ceiling or it to be raised to a point where it is not accidentally breached.

A good thing here is that DE seems to have this in mind when developing/reworking tiles, as you've noticed. I'd like for more explorable area as well. Maybe even add some tiny easter eggs and small stuff like that to those nooks that we normally wouldn't think of going to.

And if there's an area we shouldn't go to maybe add a cooler way to forbid us from going there. Imagine trying toget inside water on the plains and get swooshed back to land by some big fish there, ragdoll included. Definetly better than a black screen if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

A good thing here is that DE seems to have this in mind when developing/reworking tiles, as you've noticed. I'd like for more explorable area as well. Maybe even add some tiny easter eggs and small stuff like that to those nooks that we normally wouldn't think of going to.

And if there's an area we shouldn't go to maybe add a cooler way to forbid us from going there. Imagine trying toget inside water on the plains and get swooshed back to land by some big fish there, ragdoll included. Definetly better than a black screen if you ask me.

Haha , i can imagine few things that would be cool ,

Like a condroc dropping you back on a nest on earth, a drone dropping you back on gas city garbage chute,

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

This. Also, we could get out of most pits via parazon grapple instead of just teleporting. Kinda like in Batman: Arkham games.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Catchy title aside i am talking about the literal ceiling in tile sets where you get respawned back if you go out of bounds.

This is understandable and made sense back in the day when parkour was not as prominent and tenno couldn't leap 5 storeys in a single bullet jump.

It probably made optimizing tiles easier as well.

I have had fewer issues with the recent tilesets (Jupiter , corpus ship) but issues are very frequent with other locations (ice planet , grineer shipyard , galleon)

Why am i saying this now?

Few reasons ,

1) When they did the arcane rework they boosted parkour speed of arcane consequence making it much easier to trigger and use,

2) They now introduced a game mode where speed and mobility can be well used (at least for my playstyle) to get around quickly , close gaps and get out of danger .

3) It is greatly rhyme breaking when you are in the flow of parkour and you jump , overshoot the ceiling and are transported back between enemies that are alerted and able to quickly kill you while you re orient yourself.

I am wondering if i am in the minority in this and would like the views of others.

I would really like an actual collision ceiling or it to be raised to a point where it is not accidentally breached.

I've been saying this from jump. It's all over the place. Random Arbitrary out of bounds. Even on small insignificant pits...just reset for kuva sakes (Kuva is the new curse word).

As a titania main I can relate as I accidentally jump out of bounds often with the +25% bullet jump distance and often accidentally fly out of bounds. I would love to see ceilings raised but I'm assuming that would also require adjusting walls and such too which would be a fair amount of map design work.  I am hopeful but will not hold my breath :).

45 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Been doing this to myself since parkour 2.0 came out tbh. Also lip edges on walls is a pain in the ass.

Makes me roll my eyes when Steve mentioned reintroducing wall running was troublesome because there are collision problems, well no sh*t Sherlock! tilesets seem to have no simplified collision and instead they go for mesh data.

Titanfall made wall running a design sensibility...

There is only a handful of places that even exists for wall running...most by no enemies 

Knowing "why" you got rid of wall running in the first place and switched to lackluster hopping, yet No design consideration when constructing levels?

New corpus levels grand in scale, still no consideration for wall running?

I say redo it all to "CONSIDER" wall running. Then for the debut DE, then introduce the wall crawling frame (not to be confused with spider-man). 

Archived