Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are now starting becoming toxic over Protea

TheNeonGod

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Slash damage does, yes.

Her grenades deal slash damage and have a 33% chance to proc the slash status effect. That's what causes the bleeds you seem to equate with slash damage - two different things. Slash damage is actually bad against Grineer armor. So yeah, 67% of the time armor removal does affect Proteas grenades.

Heat - Proteas other damage source - is affected by armor removal too.

@Drachnyn mentioned Miasma earlier which I didn't even think about. So, Saryn gives Protea 100% - 325% more damage to her grenade slash procs. Granted 325% being very unrealistic. Let's say a 100% and sometimes maybe up to 150% more damage depending on how spammy the Saryn is.

I know people love to complain about Saryn, but she actually amplifies the damage of others if the enemies don't die instantly.

Shouldn’t Protea outperform Saryn then?

i had to leave my first hydron recently because of a saryn. his range and power was so high by the end of round 5 i had 2% of damage done. the only reason i was peeved was because i joined from the recruiting channel for a round 20 hydron. before i left i  told him just to go solo next time he didnt need three other people. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Shouldn’t Protea outperform Saryn then?

Why should she? Both do aoe damage, both benefit from Saryn's skills, Saryn's spore damage escalates and Miasma - I think - increases spore damage times four. Do the numbers crunching with all variables such as builds yourself if you want.

She can perform on a similar level. Have you looked at the screenshot that sparked this topic at all or are you just trying to get back at me for indirectly pointing out that you don't know how Protea's abilities work nor the difference between damage types and status effects? Your bland one sentence questions to seemingly try to poke holes in what I said  surely makes it seem like that.

confused ryan reynolds GIF

vor 36 Minuten schrieb (PS4)NWOslave:

i had to leave my first hydron recently because of a saryn. his range and power was so high by the end of round 5 i had 2% of damage done. the only reason i was peeved was because i joined from the recruiting channel for a round 20 hydron. before i left i  told him just to go solo next time he didnt need three other people. 

He is giving you a quicker time per wave. 

He also 'needs' you for more enemies to spawn than going solo.

If you don't want nuke frames to work as intended on the smallest defense map there is where everyone else is only going for exp play arbis then. It's ur problem not his

10 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

Then explain this.

A guy with a bad Saryn build.

I love Khora for her domes, I like the troll build Vauban, but I am interested in your Protea build, could you please PM me it?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

I go somewhere else so that i can participate in the mission too, don't really give a damn about getting garbage or going higher than 15 min max. It's your own fault for boring me.

The real problem comes from trying to survive in missions that require a bit more time for the benefit of all players like kuva fortress, I am not into marathons either but people with "muh kill steal" mentality heavily affect these kind of runs cuz of the aforementioned spawn problem.

11 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

I was in hydron mission, I was throw fan grenades to kill the mobs quickly  and protect the objective. Then some Khora guy starting throw a fit over Protea even a Vauban guy was too. Did only 5 waves and found out i did the most damage and the most kills. I also tested Protea out in Elite sanctuary Onslaught and she performed very well, but I know  Protea doesn't perform better than Saryn or Mirage but rivals them. Like how people get mad over a defense mission without a Frost or Limbo in the squad, they're making excuses and left the squad hoping they screw them. But protea seems to struggle in steel path unfortunately but if I underestimated her, let me know.

1. Quite Shallow and Overframe.gg , make up the small amount of people who understood how Protea worked BEFORE DE buffed her. Now, she's insane. At this point, 98% of the playerbase (including DE) refuses to take the time to understand how a warframe performs.

2. Those two were either "sour grapes", or maybe follow a certain train-head who's been crapping on Protea since her release. 

3. I wouldn't say that Protea "rivals" any one frame. She can easily control a room, and you can abuse the OP of slash builds.

2 hours ago, protecttheplanet said:

He is giving you a quicker time per wave. 

He also 'needs' you for more enemies to spawn than going solo.

If you don't want nuke frames to work as intended on the smallest defense map there is where everyone else is only going for exp play arbis then. It's ur problem not his

look pal. ive delt with nukes before but this was the WORST. im not here to help someone that obviously can manage on their own. i have my own interests to consider. 

23 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

I was in hydron mission, I was throw fan grenades to kill the mobs quickly  and protect the objective. Then some Khora guy starting throw a fit over Protea even a Vauban guy was too. Did only 5 waves and found out i did the most damage and the most kills. I also tested Protea out in Elite sanctuary Onslaught and she performed very well, but I know  Protea doesn't perform better than Saryn or Mirage but rivals them. Like how people get mad over a defense mission without a Frost or Limbo in the squad, they're making excuses and left the squad hoping they screw them. But protea seems to struggle in steel path unfortunately but if I underestimated her, let me know.

lol and ppl say she doesn't perform like a nuke. Nuke meaning you cast and can rinse and repeat without effort of aiming and timing of ability same as how Bramma was "shoot in any direction and still kill hoards of enemies."

I have not farmed her kit yet but I can imagine doing a exterminate mission, cast 3  jump into middle of room cast 3-4 gunners, bullet jump into next room rinse and repeat. Such a great way of playing Warframe. lol

20 hours ago, Azurian-Draguard said:

Whatever happened to the Warframe community just playing whatever frame and build so long as they enjoyed their playtime with whoever?

Its because these people want to be better than you and if they even get an inkling that you have something over them they will attack you. Their goal is to convince you that you are either wrong or stupid, because if you end up believing their lie, then they think that proves that they were smarter than you to begin with. They're trying to climb the ladder of superiority by 'proving to themselves' everyone else is inferior that is why they attack people.

11 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

look pal. ive delt with nukes before but this was the WORST. im not here to help someone that obviously can manage on their own. i have my own interests to consider. 

You joined a premade on recruit channel and didn't expect someone to nuke that hard? nukers don't need you to manage waves, they need you to spawn more enemies, that's why they make recruit channel premades, so they don't have to go on public matchmaking with people leaving at 5 or 10 waves. More players in the squad = more enemy spawns = more exp. May I ask why did you even join that squad? it sounds like a you problem.

On 2020-07-14 at 3:19 AM, TheNeonGod said:

Those 2 frames are the most annoying non nuke frames, that's what makes it funny to me. Vauban usually spams nail bombs around the map and khora spams 4 and then 1. They're just mad because you are "kill stealing".

9 hours ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

You joined a premade on recruit channel and didn't expect someone to nuke that hard? nukers don't need you to manage waves, they need you to spawn more enemies, that's why they make recruit channel premades, so they don't have to go on public matchmaking with people leaving at 5 or 10 waves. More players in the squad = more enemy spawns = more exp. May I ask why did you even join that squad? it sounds like a you problem.

i enjoy how you assume ive never used recruiting before. wrong!. not everyone uses recruit for just nuking. your anecdotal experience is just that. you dont need to nuke everything to death in the first 15 waves its easy peasy until then thats my problem. dont like it, dont care. im not sitting in a 20 minute match to earn shared affinity and stand there for someone else's selfish gain. seems ive hit a nerve with you and the other guy. maybe you are those people im complaining about and i hurt your fee fees. you need a tissue for your tears?

21 minutes ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

i enjoy how you assume ive never used recruiting before. wrong!. not everyone uses recruit for just nuking. your anecdotal experience is just that. you dont need to nuke everything to death in the first 15 waves its easy peasy until then thats my problem. dont like it, dont care. im not sitting in a 20 minute match to earn shared affinity and stand there for someone else's selfish gain. seems ive hit a nerve with you and the other guy. maybe you are those people im complaining about and i hurt your fee fees. you need a tissue for your tears?

Why did you join to do 20 rounds, then leave when the nuke, nukes? Do you want to take an hour killing each enemy slowly? Or do 20 waves in 10 minutes? Play solo if you want to take forever. Nukes Did Nothing Wrong.

2 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

I never said you never used recruit before, so don't assume I was assuming. Not everyone uses recruit for just nuking, that's right, except the majority do, because they want to get through it as fast as possible. My post was aimed at people like you still complaining and getting butthurt about nukes even after joining premades, which is what's suggested to do when you don't wanna deal with random complains in public matchmaking and do certain compositions and tactics.
You don't wanna sit through a 20 minute match to earn shared affinity and stand there for someone else's selfish gains, but you're also getting those gains, so what's the deal here. You haven't hit a nerve, you just don't make sense. I don't nuke Hydron because I go there for exp, not focus (guess you assumed wrong!), even though I'm glad when someone nukes in there, it makes the 99999th Hydron run more bearable.
🙃

2 hours ago, Firedtm said:

There is no kill stealing in Warframe, that mind set needs to go away, it is nothing short of toxic.

Especially when they use it as an excuse to run out of affinity range in Survival (which they still do even in Steel Path, which pisses me off because you'd expect that crap from newbies, not people who've been playing this game for years). The only time kill stealing is an issue is if you need enemies to either heal yourself and/or your team or apply buffs to yourself and/or your team

22 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

Why are you recruiting for 20-round hydron? Are you focus farming or looking for relics? It's not clear to me why either of these aren't benefited by a Saryn which can quickly clear the tileset.

On 2020-07-14 at 1:13 PM, (PS4)NWOslave said:

What sense does that make? You were still getting the same amount of affinity and getting it faster than if Saryn wasn't there. You literally signed up for a free ride while they would do all the work farming their focus or whatever. And by just being there you were increasing the number of enemies that spawned in which benefits everyone. 

You were literally getting all of the benefits, while getting to take it easy. Your gear would have levelled, your syndicate would have been farmed, you would have collected the drops. So why would you act like that, after having signed up for exactly that type of a run? 

On 2020-07-15 at 3:43 AM, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

it sounds like a you problem.

You are absolutely right. Either they don't know wtf they're talking about, or are just naturally inclined to being a troll and wasting everyone's time. 

On 2020-07-14 at 8:19 AM, TheNeonGod said:

I personally like having Protea in a group where she can synergise well with AoE and DoT frames (Shrapnel Vortex works really well with Spores, Molecular Prime etc). Had a couple of fun Defence runs last night with Protea and Nova setting up a field around the objective and then letting Khora and Vauban mop them up by crushing and shredding the life out of the mobs. It was almost like we switched on an 'Easy Mode'.

Nearly the same setup as the OP (bar not being ESO), but with people who just cared about completing the objective and not about stroking their egos...

Archived