Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optimal Mind Screw Build For Nyx?

Reddington

Question

Well, I have my hands on all of the Corrupted Mods for Warframes, so I'm trying to make an optimal build for Nyx. My first knee-jerk reaction was to make a Power Efficiency build using Fleeting Expertise so that I could pop Chaos every time I walk into a room because a.) enemies tend to die too quickly from other Warframes, anyway, and b.) the lower Power Duration means that I will be able to pop another Chaos sooner should I suddenly be surrounded by a new wave of enemies.

However, I'm not entirely sure. Right now, my mind control lasts all but about ten seconds, but I'm able to keep spamming Chaos, so I guess it's okay. But still... I was wondering what build you guys could recommend me for Nyx?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I think that's a good idea. You may get a shorter duration for mind control, but to be honest, 10 seconds is plenty of time (is it without continuity and constitution?). With your insane power efficiency you can just cast it again after 10 seconds. In fact, you can count and look back at your mind-controlled fella to see if they're still alive first, then cast it again if you want them specifically.

Also, as an addition, do you use Psychic Bolt? If you don't use it, Overextended is also great for increase CC. Seriously, that range is crazy with this mod + stretch from what I've seen with MPrime and Radial Disarm. It should be about the same with Chaos.

Edited by Casardis

Oh, crap, I don't have Overextend. >_< Never really thought about it because there are so few Warframes that don't have a damage ability, one way or another.

That would be a good idea, though... I want to like Psychic Bolts, but the damn thing shave a habit or hitting everything BUT the targets. I do, however, use Absorb as a panic button, so maybe it might be a good idea to not use Overextend? We'll have to see...

Oh, crap, I don't have Overextend. >_< Never really thought about it because there are so few Warframes that don't have a damage ability, one way or another.

That would be a good idea, though... I want to like Psychic Bolts, but the damn thing shave a habit or hitting everything BUT the targets. I do, however, use Absorb as a panic button, so maybe it might be a good idea to not use Overextend? We'll have to see...

Actually if you use Overextended on Absorb, it will only reduce its base damage. Sure, the end result will make it slightly weaker, but since it's based on absorbing damage in the first place, it's not that big of a loss.

Besides, you're not doing this to deal damage, but to protect yourself. With Stretch and Overextended, your bubble will be quite big I think, maybe enough to even protect some teammates XD

EDIT:

I just read in the wiki that the size of the bubble isn't affected by power range. However, the BLAST is affected by it, meaning that Overextended will benefit even Absorb.

In other words, there's no reason not to use Overextended along with Fleeting Expertise. It will serve as some form of defensive CC that doesn't last 3 hours (with continuity and constitution, it lasts a bit too long to be effective, except to draw aggro for other people to kill the enemies I guess?)

Edited by Casardis