Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to easily solo Steel Path Disruption missions.

StormWolf1337

I was attempting to clear Apollo, Lua, doing the Steel Path and between not being able to find a squad and finding squads that then all fail to defend every single point from the Suicide Squad I got a bit frustrated after failing multiple times xD Then I realized that all along I have been worrying about DPS when I could just stop the Demolysts from moving and wait out the 2 minutes timer if this combo doesn't 1 or 2 shot them first (always does so far). Thankfully I have that good ole shinobi, the shadow himself, Ash. 

Fatal Teleport is all you need, simply drop an energy pad just before the Demolyst after you've spotted it and spam your 3, if it doesn't die after a few of those then it's enough to keep it completely immobile while the timer trickles away. Between the animation of the finisher and using the ability again there isn't enough time for anything to damage you or really get your shields down, especially if you have an Adaptation on. Drop another pad if you run out of energy and spam away, it was enough for me to easily solo the Lua Disruption mission. Also using Zenurik focus + Energizing Dash would help with energy for your 3 a lot. Maybe a Covert Lethality too on a nice dagger like the Rakta Dark dagger if you have one, it certainly would make things go faster. 

Any mod build is good enough, once you have energy then your 2 will keep you alive always and if not then there's Adaptation so that and Fatal Teleport are the only necessities. I use Streamline/Primed Flow/Augur Message/Steel Fiber/Primed Continuity/Power Drift/Primed Vigor/Constitution/Umbral Fiber/Intensify with Arcane Guardian/Primary Charger and so far I've been un-killable, should be good for infinite runs even if anyone cares to test that. 

I'll test to see if it's the same elsewhere when I'm there but it should be the same regardless.

Extra tip: Even better would be hammers for melee and Finishing Touch/similar finisher damage mod, been using the Kuva Shieldeg and even with physical enhancements on enemies the most I have to do is a two-shot in some rare cases. The Arca Triton is also wicked since you can charge damage with it's passive ability for some truly crazy one-shot finisher numbers. This build still works for everything Disruption solo runs, it's perfect in a Public squad too but I haven't had to do a public Disruption besides helping friends in ages.

• 2 weeks later...

For Jupiter and Lua, I ended up using a Chroma Prime with Arcane Fury and radiation Redeemer Prime. Most of the Corpus demolishers/demolysts are machines... anyway, you just need to kill 1. Also, make sure you blast Shield Ospreys out of the sky. They will instantly replenish demolisher/demolysts shields!

I'm not sure how much Chroma Prime helps because his Vex Armor gets nullified by the Demolisher/Demolyst anyway.

EDIT: I'm dreading Neptune Disruption. That's the only remaining node I'm not looking forward to.

I used vauban for the entirety of the steel Path. 

Not easy but reliable. 

Drop a bastille with just enough range to cover the demolyst but stay out of its nullifiers range (175% range works) . Drop multiple nail gun mines as well. 

Magus lock down and temporal blast the demolyst when they enter the bastille,

Get a few status on him with your primary, (I keep corroisve and magnetic guns for these missions) 

go ham with your CO melee with viral and high crit damage. 

The only demolyst I have been unable to beat is the guardian ones in kuva fortress, cause they are CC immune. 

On 2020-07-14 at 1:59 AM, StormWolf1337 said:

Then I realized that all along I have been worrying about DPS when I could just stop the Demolysts from moving and wait out the 2 minutes timer. Thankfully I have that good ole shinobi, the shadow himself, Ash. 

Banshee's 1 can be used the same way.  She's an extraordinary Demo killer in normal too, although I've yet to do any SP disruptions to put that to the test.

1 hour ago, SpikeRHSC said:

Can report that Dizzying Rounds did nothing to stun them, much less open them for finishers, at least on Ganymeade. 

Weird. Maybe they patched it. It was working before. Could stack 10x viral with bronco and one shot. Oh well

Honestly if you play meta there is no issue with disruptions. The big melee weapons shred even demos without any form of buff, zenurik slow is enough to kill them even close to a pylon. You should not need any frame power, arcane or weapon switches. Now if you struggle, the first step would be build and mod a correct melee weapon.

I just changed my builds for the sedna disruption because my best melee bleed build was one shotting everything and I wanted to witness the actual bleed numbers for once xd.(still barely saw them but now I have an idea of the actual dps wich is 7digit btw)

Now in disruption there are very elegant playstyles you can adapt, but when rushing the starchart, it is not a good idea tweaking your builds every missions, you need few loadouts depending the mission type and that's it. Also if possible you really want to prioritize killing over CC, things that make your mates hit harder and not safer as well if the node is not deserted. Those essences won't drop themselves. Move faster hit harder ^^^.

On 2020-07-26 at 2:00 AM, Berzerkules said:

Weird. Maybe they patched it. It was working before. Could stack 10x viral with bronco and one shot. Oh well

Still working for me in regular mode.  Could be a Steel Path thing or  a particular demo type that's immune.

I just used Dizzying Rounds on Bronco along with Nyx. Basically tag them, wait for the bubble to pop and then cast psychic bolts to remove all armor and shields.
Next, either finisher or if they still survive, heavy attack with gunblade.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Still working for me in regular mode.  Could be a Steel Path thing or  a particular demo type that's immune.

$10 says it's that freakin Moa, I've never seen a more busted enemy in this game. Damn thing often goes invulnerable when you use an ability on it. I've had it so that the stupid thing detonates on the conduit but STAYS ALIVE for the next round to blow it up yet again. 

Melee is pretty op I just soloed with Wukong magus lock down and a good melee weapon.  the only reason I took Wukong is cloudwalk just makes it quick and easy to find the demolyst.  Defended all 4 without issues on all disruption nodes on the steel path stat chart.

For Normal Disrupt low lv

You no need Ash use Loki/Prime with 2 Arcane with Acseleration and Avenger  + Augument: Hushed invisibility  with Bramma (Corosive) is the best  around (45-53k Damage  or (Catchmoon on Corosive- 21k)  and your operator

Recommend: must  have Aracne Magus Lockdown (make stun for 3 sec ),Arcane Magus Repair

For Hard Mode use Inaros/Prime it so easy  with build Primary Damage

Primary weapon Kuva Brama  53K damage minimum

Recommend: must  have Aracne Magus Lockdown (make stun for 3 sec ),Arcane Magus Repair

melee weapons (my Kuva Sildeg)+ stun on Demoliyst/sher

For Grineer and Infested, I used Revenant, Kuva Chakkhurr (Slash/Viral) and Magus Lockdown (not really needed).

Aside of temporarily CCing the residual enemies, a Demolyst that attacks Revenant with Mesmer Skin active will be stunned (so Magus Lockdown is there, but not so needed). Head shots with Kuva Chakkhurr and the associated Slash procs do most of the work. You can also use Sarpa to strip some armor when you first spot the Demolisher... but not really needed.

For Corpus... ohoho... Steel Path Corpus Demolishers/Demolysts are absolutely awful. They've got to be on par with high level Treasurers in tankiness. I used Chroma Prime, radiation Redeemer Prime (most Demolishers/Demolysts are machines), Arcane Fury and Magus Lockdown.

I think for Corpus, Magus Lockdown is key.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Head shots with Kuva Chakkhurr and the associated Slash procs do most of the work.

Arent Demolysts affected differently by Status Effects ?

10 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Ash's Fatal Teleport works on demos?  Surprising.  I would imagine it's not reliable on all of them, as certain enemy models seem to be immune to finishers, and some demos have those models.

The Hyena, Juggernaut, Bursa and Kuva Guardian type enemies come to mind.

I believe thats 1 from each Faction. 

Archived