Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Connection Issues (Nat And Lag)

FLASH_Number_9

I have been getting the error message saying that I have a "strict NAT" and that I need to make sure to forward 3960 and 3962...blah blah blah.  The only thing is though, I have had no issues connecting to anyone.  I only receive really bad lag when I'm in game play and someone else is hosting, and friends tell me that when I'm hosting the lag for them is really bad.  The lag can include other players skipping around the map, enemies still standing long after they've been killed, dropped items not being able to be picked up at times (but even when they are able to be picked up, the actual loot list at the bottom center of the screen never showed what the items were), when a player would go down they would still float around the map as if they never went down (but eventually would just die), etc. ....you know, REALLY BAD LAG!

As may people on here that have had this problem, I too, have gone through and tried a multitude of things to no avail:

1. Made sure UPnP was turned on, both in game and on the router - no help.

2. Turned off UPnP and manually forwarded the ports requested (UDP 3960 & 3962) - no help

3. Changed the ports to other sets - no help

4. Ensured that those ports were allowed through my firewall (Comodo) - no help.

5. Made sure ALL requests were allowed for Warframe through my firewall - no help.

6. Turned off the firewall on my router - no help.

7. Set my router to dedicate my computer as a DMZ - no help.

8. Disconnected my computer from the router and ran straight to the 5 port ethernet switch that is connected straight to the wall jack (I'm in an apartment, so I have no access to my own modem.  As far as I know, my wall jack is connect straight to a modem.) - THIS WORKED! (There was still a slight amount of lag, but it was tolerable   Typical lag that you might find when connecting to someone with a really long ping time.)

So this is great to know that by bypassing the router, I get a better connection and can play this game! Whoop!  But, I don't really like running without the router for security and protection.  So I would really like to be able to get the game to work well by running it while connected to my router.

Below I have listed some (possibly) important info about my PC, router, etc.  If anyone can help and make some suggestions of what to try, please do!

Region: North America - East (I'm in Texas)

Matchmaking Ping Limit: 150

Router: D-Link DIR-825

Router Firmware: B1 2.07NA

Switch: Netgear 5-port Ethernet Switch (FS605)

Network Adapter: Mother board Ethernet Jack (Asus P8Z77-LK)

BIOS Version: 1001

Edited by FLASH_Number_9

Region: North America - East (I'm in Texas)

Matchmaking Ping Limit: 150

Router: D-Link DIR-825

Router Firmware: B1 2.07NA

Switch: Netgear 5-port Ethernet Switch (FS605)

Network Adapter: Mother board Ethernet Jack (Asus P8Z77-LK)

BIOS Version: 1001

thanks for the info... i guess...

now, what about your speed?

up/down please.

um... i'm going to guess that switch is connected to another router which is in turn connected to the modem.

hence why changing anything on your personal router has done nothing to improve the issues.

check your IP listed while connecting directly to the switch, and i'll be willing to bet you're being given a class C.

if not... well, check with whomever handles the IT for your apartment building and find out just exactly what the topography is for your connection.

edit:

switch isn't necessary for diagnostic purposes, just plug your system directly into the wall jack.

Edited by xethier

um... i'm going to guess that switch is connected to another router which is in turn connected to the modem.

hence why changing anything on your personal router has done nothing to improve the issues.

check your IP listed while connecting directly to the switch, and i'll be willing to bet you're being given a class C.

if not... well, check with whomever handles the IT for your apartment building and find out just exactly what the topography is for your connection.

edit:

switch isn't necessary for diagnostic purposes, just plug your system directly into the wall jack.

Correct, but I have other devices that are connected to my switch that I don't want to lose, which is why I use the switch.  But the switch should, for all intents and purposes, have no effect on my connection.

I'm not not at my house at the moment.  As soon as I get home, I'll report back the IP addresses (and classes) when connected straight to the wall and to the switch.

edit:

The IP address connected to the switch and the wall are identical (as expected): 10.12.30.28.  Default gateway is 10.12.30.1.  So class A.

if you have another router to try, give it a shot. might be problems with the hardware on your current router.

do some traceroutes and see if there's something falling over upstream.

check for packet loss (might have a flaky cable somewhere in the mix)

and ultimately, check with your provider (whomever handles your apartment / the actual ISP)

something is fishy here.