Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2020 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

DE YOU are only throwing away what the players are grinding for and also destroying the weapons people like I think you have something against strong weapons and against the weapons people like you have to stop destroying the riven disposition of popular weapons if you want to gain more player base 

As a former hardcore kuva farmer I recently stopped farming at all. While the content drought i could just farm kuva and chill for weeks. But now after you got back to your philosophy from 2016 that Rivens are for game balance... I will tell you something. Noone is rolling rivens to boost weapons to be as good as weapons that don't require rivens. If you think like that you must be so naive.. You don't know your own game. If you somehow see increased numbers in kuva floods and siphons thats because people are running them for Kuva Lich relics.

Al I said: people are rolling rivens to boost their favorite weapons. If you spend 100h to roll a weapon and you nerf it for him/her... this is madness. This is literally pissing or our time spent. 

Please, change your philisophy with Rivens. Forget about that mythical non existent Power Creep and let people have fun. 

I bet there are so many veterans with the same opinion as mine. Stop wasteing Rivne potencial. This is literally content for years. Ooops, it was for years. I'm not gonna roll some trash weapon that is designed for low mastery and thats fine. 

Please think about it.

On 2020-07-16 at 12:33 AM, (PS4)B_smoked_u_tho said:

Warframe is known in the gaming community as nerf central. It's an almost decade old game that acts as if its still in beta mode. Constant changes to weapons aside (Synoid Somulor buff,nerf,buff,nerf,buff,nerf,buff, visual change, nerf, buff history is comical) The game remains extremely buggy on a regular basis, with a new bug effecting OLD & new content with every single update or "hotfix" Sorties requiring players to repeat nodes they have already completed to participate in the sortie is the most recent "bug" to appear. You sit here and write this storybook about a bunch of other player's input while the forums are exactly for that reason. What did you even come here for? To criticize the players expressing their discontent with the instability of the game? No other major game make drastic changes to both old & new content on a regular basis, hense the beta reference. How many Reworks, buffs, nerfs, bugs does this game have to go through until they get it right and leave it alone? Well, the answer seems to be countless. Attached is the hotfix/buff/nerf/changes made to ONE WEAPON ALONE over the years, its actually pathetic.

i don't think other games are not different , for example Destiny2, they keep buff only new season weapons while previous season they nerfed all even some weapons that u invested your time to grid for more than 1 month also nerfed, other example like Path of Exile also nerfed both skills and equipments too and they dealt a heavy blow because some season your build become totally broken and unplayable at all.

i'm not sure why people are complaining about some of these changes. some of those weapons that got their dispo nerfed are still horrifyingly powerful.

gram prime for example has sit at the top of the food chain since it came out(galatine prime and war sit up there as well but that's not the point here.)

redeemer prime, tekko prime, corinth prime, and kuva bramma are all still very powerful regardless of these changes(hek, they can still be stupid powerful even WITHOUT a riven.)

I'm sure all of these will still perform as well as ever.

I mean, my tekko prime are getting hit, but mine still clocks over 100% crit chance, so i'm good.

The whole riven disposition system is dumb.  Why not just adjust the base stats of weapons instead of doing this really strange artificial balancing act?

Regardless, I've spent 8 forma on a primary catchmoon and it's still trash, even with the new riven disposition value.  If you're going to stick with this weird disposition system, at least balance things better with it.  Catchmoon primary should be around 1.25 to make it comparable to the other kitguns....or even better - just buff the base stats like any normal person would.

On 2020-07-14 at 8:12 PM, Stahlta said:

Wtf....no dispo increase for stropha? Seriously?

Thats a good decision.
I use Stropha in my current setup and this weapon is a bit over the top already - even without riven.
There is absolutely no need to push this weapon imo.

-coy

10 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

i'm not sure why people are complaining about some of these changes. some of those weapons that got their dispo nerfed are still horrifyingly powerful.

gram prime for example has sit at the top of the food chain since it came out(galatine prime and war sit up there as well but that's not the point here.)

redeemer prime, tekko prime, corinth prime, and kuva bramma are all still very powerful regardless of these changes(hek, they can still be stupid powerful even WITHOUT a riven.)

I'm sure all of these will still perform as well as ever.

I mean, my tekko prime are getting hit, but mine still clocks over 100% crit chance, so i'm good.

It's very easy for DE to nerf or buff weapons or rivens. On the other hand, It's very hard for players to get the riven they want. RNG of dropping a riven, RNG for the right type of weapon, RNG to unlock the riven of the weapon you like, RNG for rolling the 4 or 3 stats you want, then recurring RNG in hoping for that riven won't get nerf in the next 3 months because other players start to use the weapon with good rivens. That's multiple layers of RNG and the nerfs always hit many people in the face. And this is not the first time.

And instead of doing the balancing job on whichever weapon that needs a "fix" then move on, DE chose to put effort into ruining people hard work every 3 months. To what end exactly ?

I'm about to whine more since i intended to come back to the game, but sadly, after logged in the game and saw my 4th Sepfahn got it's Riven Mod butchered, my eyes just rolled hard (3 others with around dozen of formas and 3 potatoes got deleted because of "changes" - in case you wondering why it's the 4th). I'd just replay Witcher and wait for Cp2077.

4 hours ago, failedtodiet said:

It's very easy for DE to nerf or buff weapons or rivens. On the other hand, It's very hard for players to get the riven they want. RNG of dropping a riven, RNG for the right type of weapon, RNG to unlock the riven of the weapon you like, RNG for rolling the 4 or 3 stats you want, then recurring RNG in hoping for that riven won't get nerf in the next 3 months because other players start to use the weapon with good rivens. That's multiple layers of RNG and the nerfs always hit many people in the face. And this is not the first time.

And instead of doing the balancing job on whichever weapon that needs a "fix" then move on, DE chose to put effort into ruining people hard work every 3 months. To what end exactly ?

I'm about to whine more since i intended to come back to the game, but sadly, after logged in the game and saw my 4th Sepfahn got it's Riven Mod butchered, my eyes just rolled hard (3 others with around dozen of formas and 3 potatoes got deleted because of "changes" - in case you wondering why it's the 4th). I'd just replay Witcher and wait for Cp2077.

i see your point.

i'v never been one to overly rely on rivens(every riven i'v obtained has been a 2nd objective so far.) so i never understood why people got upset at this.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

I see that some people are pretty angry about rivens. When a disposition change occurs, does that mean that the current stats on that riven mod change, or does it affect the power of future rolls?

All current rivens change according to the new dispositions.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

All current rivens change according to the new dispositions.

DE, I love Warframe and probably won't stop playing it for a very long time, but changing the values of existing rivens wasn't very cash money of you.

Current rivens should stay the same, but the chance of good attributes and the intensity of those attributes should change for rolls in the future. Similar to how relics get vaulted, but the vaulted relics in your inventory don't go into the vault too.

On 2020-07-16 at 3:01 PM, Elemelepipi said:

As a former hardcore kuva farmer I recently stopped farming at all. While the content drought i could just farm kuva and chill for weeks. But now after you got back to your philosophy from 2016 that Rivens are for game balance... I will tell you something. Noone is rolling rivens to boost weapons to be as good as weapons that don't require rivens. If you think like that you must be so naive.. You don't know your own game. If you somehow see increased numbers in kuva floods and siphons thats because people are running them for Kuva Lich relics.

Al I said: people are rolling rivens to boost their favorite weapons. If you spend 100h to roll a weapon and you nerf it for him/her... this is madness. This is literally pissing or our time spent. 

Please, change your philisophy with Rivens. Forget about that mythical non existent Power Creep and let people have fun. 

I bet there are so many veterans with the same opinion as mine. Stop wasteing Rivne potencial. This is literally content for years. Ooops, it was for years. I'm not gonna roll some trash weapon that is designed for low mastery and thats fine. 

Please think about it.

Just came to plus 1 this comment since I agree with it.

I used to spend weeks at a time farming kuva and rolling rivens. My highest rolled riven is at 400 rolls. 400. Let that sink it for a minute so that you get an idea of how much kuva I've farmed and used and I'm well over 100 rivens.

And I'm sure people have farmed more than I have farmed. You think those people are still farming kuva in the same way?

In any case, recent events have all but shown me that your opinion as a player and as a stakeholder of this game does not matter at all to the developers of this game. As my friend said it "DE just shot at their feet and missed and is currently lining up their second shot." :shrug: There's a lot of other games out there to play. Pick one.

Riven truly is a system designed for Masochists.  

Unveiled Rivens are gotten by random chance through 1 a day sortie, with a drop list chocked with other worthless reward. Or once a week with Riven slivers.  

Then it's a giant lottery to get a riven for a good weapons that you or someone else wants. (Nobody gonna spend tens of thousands of Kuva to try to roll good stats for a bad weapons)  

And then its another giant slot machine that you have to pull to get near the good, desirable stats, which the numbers themselves are randomized.  

And then to get more chance at the slot machine, you have to sit through some mind numbing grind because Kuva vs time investment is abysmal. 1 Kuva Flood is not even enough for ONE 3500 roll.  ONE roll every hour with a resource booster and no cat needed, is that too much to ask for? Again, this is another reason why it is prohibitive to roll bad weapons rivens: Because kuva cost so much of your time, you don't really get to experiment. You have to really like something to roll it.    

And then you finally get the stat you want, whoops you remember you actually use a decent weapons so DE nerf that riven every 3 months, invalidating the bulk of your work.  

But then everyone is addicted to the power level rivens provides and continue doing it all over again. Once you get a taste of the power level offered by rivens, it gets really hard to ignore the system.

We are truly masochists.

As stated before:

- entire riven sistem is bonkers;

- all weapons were rebalanced according to their intended Mastery rank, rivens should only "rank up" that rank, not throw it in the trash bin wholesale;

- riven disposition is still based on weapon popularity, DE stop bullcrapping paying customers;

- we already have 3 instances in which base weapons are better than their prime variants with same builds and rivens, this craps all over player investment in farming primes and on the value of prime access;

- certain weapons have had their disposition hit 4-5 times in a row even after dropping in usage, still disposition hasn't been raised back again;

- crap weapons remain utter crap even with a riven + a high disposition riven has correspondingly high downsides, further hamstringing the crap weapon;

- rivens are the only case in which DE actively "put their hands" in players inventories - I do not apreciate someting of MINE getting crapped over;

- update to changed disposition only traded rivens, or let us lock and render untradeable the rivens we worked for;

- rivens rolls are too expensive for the level of RNG involved in the entire game loop;

- low disposition rivens should just be annihilated out of the game, their bonuses get below useless, mods with a n 18 point cost should still be better than bronze trash

18 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

i see your point.

i'v never been one to overly rely on rivens(every riven i'v obtained has been a 2nd objective so far.) so i never understood why people got upset at this.

I'm not relying on Riven neither, My fav gun is Sobek, and no amount of Riven can make it good at high level. But when you play the game long enough, there's nothing left to do but to extract the most out of your Riven mod since it's the only wild card in the game. Most important thing is whatever roll (op or not) a player got in the process is earned through the "slot machine", not begged.

2020/7/14 AM11点13分 , Speedstang 说:

Was the Sepfahn really getting that much use? Unfortunate, although I'm quite biased towards it, heh. Nice seeing the Kitgun primaries get a boost along with a lot of underused weapons.

might be late for a reply but yesm Sepfahn is quite popular among min-maxers' community. Sepfahn nikana is one of the few disruption lvl9999 mob viable weapons. when I say viable I truly mean easy to kill

this melee 3.0 actually made any slashy weapon goes hard on everything. prova vandal now is doable. 

Archived