Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2020 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

I love how much they make you grind and invest HUNDREDS of hours in acquiring everything including rivens and the completely bogus process involved in ROLLING a good riven for a weapon you like only to nerf it because its "popular" ......Im becoming more and more of a "Division 2" advocate because there isnt any of this at the mercy of DE's whims involved. You keep what you kill and thats all there is 2 it. Dont like how strong the weapons are? Then make the enemies more resilient and not something that faints at the sight of the tools YOU give us and in some cases we've bought with our own money....ANARCH1ST OUT

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Anarch1st_33 said:

I love how much they make you grind and invest HUNDREDS of hours in acquiring everything including rivens and the completely bogus process involved in ROLLING a good riven for a weapon you like only to nerf it because its "popular" ......Im becoming more and more of a "Division 2" advocate because there isnt any of this at the mercy of DE's whims involved. You keep what you kill and thats all there is 2 it. Dont like how strong the weapons are? Then make the enemies more resilient and not something that faints at the sight of the tools YOU give us and in some cases we've bought with our own money....ANARCH1ST OUT

lol hi we did a tricap together. remember my groll redeemer riven? it went from 1 to 0.8 😞 so im with u for this one 

2 minutes ago, supernils said:

idk 90% of the stuff I use gets buffed like every time. Maybe don't jump on every hype train?

Are you talking about basically every base version of a weapon that nobody has reasons for using because, why would you when wraith/vandal/prime exists? Or you talking about the +0.05 buffs? If that's what's needed to make you happy then wew, you're easy to please 😄 

Why don't you stop pretending you play the game and know how to balance it. Let people who give a damn about this game enjoy their weapon+ riven they deserve and put alot of kuva, forma and love in, instead of making it a cash grab. Let's nerve the meta to create a new meta so people giving you plat to buy the new meta riven. The rich guys and galls will.  The poor grinder will grind his ass of again. BS.

Now while I'm ad it, stop making it harder tot level up stuff solo. The game is laggy af with randoms. No fun.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

So, lowering the riven dispo on the Mire has to be a joke, right? Who uses that thing past ranking it up for MR? So, you continue to trash top tier weapons (not the Mire BTW) with the looming release of Steel Path. Brilliant! Why not just remove all other weapons but the starter set? Then the few remaining players would HAVE to play with weak weapons.

It is a popular stat stick and got pretty heavily buffed with the melee and status reworks. Probably saw a surge in use because of it.

Looks like the Corinth joins the Aksomati in the "base weapons better than the primed variants", showing how busted this system is.

Kuva weapons getting the stick is just shameful, just enforce their MR requirements and let them be the powerful lategame weapons they're supposed to be.

And there's some weapons i literally never see (mire, dragon nikana, plague strikes...) getting gutted, this is silly.

As always, no fun allowed. I hate reading dispo changes. And something tells me, I'm not exactly alone. 

A good riven won't make an inherently bad weapon viable, a  bad riven won't kill the popularity of an excellent weapon, all you're achieving is stomping player investment into the dirt. If anything, this achieves nothing. At worst, it actively reduces the playerbase, making dedicated Riven fans give up. 

Total, from-the-grounds-up Riven system rework when?.. 

Nice Riven changes, just wish you wouldn't restrict yourself to a max 0.2 decrease. But I do really like that rivens start at 0.5 now.

And its always fun to see the people that don't understand the point of Rivens cry about disposition being lowered, lol.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Anarch1st_33 said:

Rivens have turned into a scam. The only reason for the relevant metric being popularity is to frustrate as many people as possible into spending more plat on rivens.

Not being able to keep your old riven stats after these disposition changes just confirms this. It goes against the entire principle of the game that saves your progress and time/money invested.

They would use a numerical value to differentiate between powerful and weak weapons if they actually wanted to balance riven values.

1 minute ago, Varpulis said:

Rivens have turned into a scam. The only reason for the relevant metric being popularity is to frustrate as many people as possible into spending more plat on rivens.

Not being able to keep your old riven stats after these disposition changes just confirms this. It goes against the entire principle of the game that saves your progress and time/money invested.

They would use a numerical value to differentiate between powerful and weak weapons if they actually wanted to balance riven values.

have you tried not getting a Riven for a popular weapon that does not need a Riven?

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Riven thing but I have rerolled a ton for a weapon I like (Twin Krohkur) and I see on here it has  been nerfed a little. Does this effect existing Riven mods on ur weapons or is this only for future rerolls? Thanks if anyone can help me cuz I tried searching it and the information on it is pretty unclear. 

1 minute ago, Sweagen said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Riven thing but I have rerolled a ton for a weapon I like (Twin Krohkur) and I see on here it has  been nerfed a little. Does this effect existing Riven mods on ur weapons or is this only for future rerolls? Thanks if anyone can help me cuz I tried searching it and the information on it is pretty unclear. 

affects all existing rivens.

It would be incredibly unfair to have old rivens keep the good stats

Just now, VeraElena said:

affects all existing rivens.

It would be incredibly unfair to have old rivens keep the good stats

Dang, that's a bit disappointing to know but thank you.

Would it be unfair? I would have thought it was like getting on a train before it took off, and grandfathered things that were made before they get changed would deserve to have higher value to honour the investment people put into their weapons. Nonetheless, thanks and it also makes sense for things to be nerfed. 

1 minute ago, VeraElena said:

have you tried not getting a Riven for a popular weapon that does not need a Riven?

Yes. I paid a lot of plat for it and then spent a lot of kuva on it.

The weapon was considered fringe and seemed like nobody used it.

One update and a open world later, its popularity spiked and it got slowly nerfed into the ground over the last year.

It was nerfed because it suddenly found a use, not because it was too powerful.

Just now, Sweagen said:

Dang, that's a bit disappointing to know but thank you.

Would it be unfair? I would have thought it was like getting on a train before it took off, and grandfathered things that were made before they get changed would deserve to have higher value to honour the investment people put into their weapons. Nonetheless, thanks and it also makes sense for things to be nerfed. 

Gram Prime used to be like 1.45 or something. It is steadily on its way to one of the lowest 2h-Sword dispositions, as it is one of the strongest ones.

Now imagine if you were a new player joining when it is at like 0.6, while some veterans run around with incredibly expensive overpowered rivens. Would that be fair?

6 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

Twin krohkurs? Not a popular weapon, ive literally never seen someone else use them but i like them. Two back 2 back nerfs? Maybe you like the grind and meager payoff but those of us who know what getting stepped on feels like, dont. DE pay u off or something? Lol

Archived