2 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

Gram Prime used to be like 1.45 or something. It is steadily on its way to one of the lowest 2h-Sword dispositions, as it is one of the strongest ones.

Now imagine if you were a new player joining when it is at like 0.6, while some veterans run around with incredibly expensive overpowered rivens. Would that be fair?

Well, the way I see it, there's always something new and overpowered just around the corner, that's Warframe. The OP Rivens Did cost thousands of Plat, and they will continue to do so regardless of nerfs or what have you, maybe they would just cost a few thousand more, and newbs currently walk into Warframe and Already see those thousand of plat rivens, which already Are incredibly expensive. There will always be affordable things though I feel like, whether it's the Xoris (which did just get nerfed) or just finding a solid underrepresented weapon with a high disposition...  

Please revert the change that variants of a weapon have lower dispositions then the base version...

It only ends up making those new variants useless to anyone into Rivens and makes me not care at all about any new weapons that come out when otherwise I'd be pumped.

Take Panthera Prime for example, I love that weapon and I also have an amazing Riven for it, but now with the change that variants have a worse disposition I don't care at all that one of my favorite weapons got a prime because my Riven makes the base version just out right better.

It's such a boring change that I hope you rethink because instead of getting excited for new weapon variants that gets released like I used to, I instead need to bust out my calculator to find out if it's actually better then the previous or if it's a waste of my time.

Edited by Gilley
  • Like 8
12 minutes ago, Sweagen said:

Dang, that's a bit disappointing to know but thank you.

Would it be unfair? I would have thought it was like getting on a train before it took off, and grandfathered things that were made before they get changed would deserve to have higher value to honour the investment people put into their weapons. Nonetheless, thanks and it also makes sense for things to be nerfed. 

As long as rivens can be traded yes. Wouldn't matter nearly as much if they weren't.

2 hours ago, Speedstang said:

Fair point, forgot about that as I use it as a staff. 

If kitgun can get separate disposition as primary/secondary, zaw should get one too, some weapon types are heavily underused but suffer because the other grip is way more popular.

Edited by (NSW)Mbek
incomplete reply
  • Like 5

Right so, in light of all the feedback you got for the Xoris, your response is not only to ignore it and nerf it regardless but also to nerf the already barely plausible Plague Zaws and buff one of the most popular stat-stick rivens (the Venka).

And that's not even getting started on the Kuva weapons.

Seriously DE, you're really not making a case for yourself in regards to the "DE is keeping the Riven market afloat for money" accusations.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TyrannisPax said:

Right so, in light of all the feedback you got for the Xoris, your response is not only to ignore it and nerf it regardless but also to nerf the already barely plausible Plague Zaws and buff one of the most popular stat-stick rivens (the Venka).

And that's not even getting started on the Kuva weapons.

Seriously DE, you're really not making a case for yourself in regards to the "DE is keeping the Riven market afloat for money" accusations.

what did you expect? popular weapons not to get a lower disposition? Do you know how the system works?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I mean, some of the changes actually make no sense in the greater picture and are surprising.

Oh sure there are oddities to discuss. But for every comment about them theres one each of : claims that the best weapons in the game are now dead, assertions that any disposition below 1.0 is worthless, complaints on how the system works (out of date by more than a year), and of course "sure I sank time and money into something designed to change, but that doesn't mean I expected it to."

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

what did you expect? popular weapons not to get a lower disposition? Do you know how the system works?

I know how the system works. I also know that DE claimed to have moved away from that system.

The popularity had nothing to do with what I was talking about though. As a matter of fact I was talking about how the popular stat stick got buffed. Right off the back of them nerfing a worse weapon because it made the "damage output greater than intended."

Edited by TyrannisPax
  • Like 3

I'll be honest. I like the newest approach to rivens.

• The most powerful/popular weapons don't need help from rivens to do their thing.
  • Starting newly released weapons at minimum disposition makes all kinds of sense. Being new, they are going to be popular as a novelty. Time will tell how popular they remain. And it reduces wild fluctuation in value of their rivens.
  • And regular updates to disposition can only be a good thing for all weapons, but the new ones in particular as they find their 'level'.
  • Like 6
Just now, TyrannisPax said:

I know how the system works. I also know that DE claimed to have moved away from that system.

The popularity had nothing to do with what I was talking about though. As a matter of fact I was talking about how the popular stat stick got buffed.

its popular, but clearly not popular enough for just 0.65

seeing stuff like the lecta and orthos get buffs is like, this is a long time coming thanks. 

i to an extent agree with the sentiment about raising the low end of rivens some, I don't know about buffing everything to 1.0 minimum but i think 0.5 it's just better to not use a riven at all. I'm curious about the usage stats actually. When you guys say you adjust riven dispo on weapon usage stats is that all you are looking at? Do you look at these popular weapons then figure out how many of these people use rivens on them? Do you then say cross check this with the amount of rivens they have on their account? the history of them using rivens? It's one thing for a new player to farm a popular prime early on and they just use it a lot right, they might not even have rivens yet, let alone something for that weapon. But if you have a large amount of veteran players who own a lot of rivens just not using rivens on say, the rubico prime, or the catchmoon pistol, or something like that even though they might have in the past or might have unveiled them only to get rid of them then I would see that as a problem with the rivens and perhaps those weapons would actually need a riven buff even though they might already be popular.

2 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

its popular, but clearly not popular enough for just 0.65

They didn't touch the Jaw Sword or Amphis either. All three of those are the most popular stat-sticks due to riven dispo and various mechanics. If you were to ask about what to use to boost Exalted weapons, those are the ones you'd be told about. So yes, they are quite popular.

3 hours ago, Stahlta said:

Wtf....no dispo increase for stropha? Seriously?

You really think it needs one? Mine melts steel path enemies without a Riven even equipped. Being too overpowered isn't fun.

• Like 1

Yes my wolf sledge is getting more powerful.

I am proud that I am not a meta slave, using non meta weapons that gets powerful overtime brings a smile to my face.

• Like 3

The problem of this increase/decrease bs is not that DE wants better balancing. They want to lower riven prices. 

Another point is, that DE was never able to find a balance between their weapons, because development is lazy af and nothing is tested well. 

So please, stop this hilarious Dispo changes and test new weapons properly. 

• Like 5

Lol here we go some salty comments again xD, DE already explained so many times abt how they adjust rivens disposition, and people who buy popular weapons riven at a high price still complain about it, (not mentioning that most of those popular weapons dont rly need a riven honestly bcs its already powerful, or maybe except for eidolon purposes).

So after all these changes that impact pretty much all the weapons i currently use, i will..............................continue to use them.

I don't know why players get so upset when the changes hardly impact gameplay.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Varpulis said:

Wow my Plague Kripath is getting worse by the update. Why did I spend so much plat and kuva on it? Is it too late to ask for a refund? Like seriously what the hell...

its almost 2 year that they are balancing things, dunno how people ae still surprised and spend large amounts of plat on then

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Monolake said:

all those people who got scammed for thousands of plat on Brahma rivens...

not a DE fault, technically. Everyone where complaining about bramma for so long

• Like 1