Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2020 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

6 hours ago, ShortCat said:

I was not a fan of the whole Riven system/concept from day one, because it has obvious design flaws and slowly we are reaching silly territory.

Dragon Nikana is not an outstanding weapon anymore, the only reason people would use it is a Riven. Only then it can keep up with its competition. One of the cases where the "intended" design is negated.

Mire is by no means a good weapon. It is mostly used as a statstick for exalted-like abilities. Mire is the case when a desposition is decided by outside factors. Can we expect changes to Amphis next, as it is a popular stat stick due to max disposition? While the weapon itself remains bottom tier.

but ppl choose mire / jaw over amphis that why amphis stay 1.50+ as always, if u go with khora party, u will rarely seen amphis (i never see anyone aside from myself), when talking with someone, they said mire is the best.

I'd also just like to add; to all the people laughing at the complaints or saying idiotic S#&$ like "hur dur, meetuur tuurrrsss.", seriously get a life.

If other people's enjoyment of the game being lessened is something you enjoy, you should probably get off games in general and go sort out growing the #*!% up. People like you are the reason things don't improve.

You might just rename riven disposition into riven disappointment. Admit rivens were a mistake instead of slowly nerfing everything usable below basic uncommon mod values.

Sure it seems like a lot of buff, but most of the buffs are only the basic trash variants of weapons, while the prime and other variants either get nerfed or nothing.

I hate the stat lottery and despise you for making the riven system as is.
Edit: Nothing changed and nothing will change by this tennocon as well. There will be all the promises for hype, while nothing will be released or released as shown.

Interesting. 

So, Xoris nerfed twice, because reasons.

Stat sticks now beginning to get nerfed, because Xoris shed light on the whole QOL/stat stick issues. So, reasons.

Steel Path drops, and popular melee weps get nerfed.... Yup, more reasons.

On the plus side, my Orthos Prime got a slight uptick ( which I actually have a half-way decent riven for) on dispo... Well, until the PTB's notice that it can be pushed above 100% status, and shred Steel Path lackeys like  a hot knife through butter. So, 3 months and a nerf? Yup, reasons.

Interestingly enough, I didn't see several of the weps ( Guandao being 1 of them) that my boys and I use on the 'Fun only when we say so" list. So I'm guessing not on the list = no change? Well, at least until the next patch and fun check?

Hmnn, probably should listen to my youngest, who is desperately going "Pop, shhh!

Now that Mod Packs are over we need to discuss the other lootbox of Warframe, Rivens, specifically, introduce ways to control Riven RNG (like ability to lock stats in) in order for YOU to convince us this is not a system to pay for power. I can't imagine if warframe rivens had actually become a thing back when the leaks where around.

A while ago DE did a fairly substantial pass on weapons aligning their strength with their MR value.

I always thought, wouldn't rivens be better at bringing all weapons up to an 'endgame' strength. Eliminating 'MR fodder' in that if someone liked the way a weapon handled, but it's low MR, get a riven to bring it up to scratch late-game. Riven dispositions could be more relative to MR as long as weapons were created with an appropriate MR to begin with.

So lets say, a fairly strong, high MR weapon without riven, should get maybe a 25% buff from a riven to add the 'cherry on top' for having a riven for it. A low MR weapon gets a riven dispo substantial enough to bring it up to a similar level. That way we can leave this 'dispo by popularity' thing behind, and instead have a system that allows anyone's favourite weapon to be effective in 'late-game' (lets say, steel path for now).

I know weapon strengths aren't exactly a linear thing, some weapons are hard to compare to others due to how they work, but purely stat-wise, having MR value + Riven dispo make every weapon viable towards late-game would be rather nice for allowing personal preference to what weapons are used. It would create a much better selection of weapons people could bring, easier to balance, and these disposition adjustments wouldn't need to be done (except for some minor tweaking I guess).

I prefer to use underdog weapons, so i am rarely affected by riven changes.

I don't have a problem with these changes either.

Happy to see some of my liked weapons getting a  slight boost.

A little odd about Corinth P and Corinth , they effectively have the same power so corinth is now better than the prime with same riven it seems? Not too concerned though i will just use the corinth more.

An idea for the modular weapons: Since there are such a limited number of them, control the riven disposition a bit. Maybe let them range from .8-1.2. And then for each category (zaw, kitgun secondary, kitgun primary) make the average disposition 1. If the disposition of one went down, another would have to go up. Then there would always be at least decent rivens for some of each category.

the reason i never roll and care for riven mods much is: 

because all the work one does becomes a waste of time after 3 month when disposition chnages again. so do why waste time on somethign that becomes useless after a time limit anyway.

thats the number one reason why riven mods are garbage time wasters, due to the time limit that they actualy do work.

rather just remove riven disposition and set them to static max boost at 5%- max 15% increase of vaules at max and work instead form max vaule increase.

since as of now 6 month work and 100 million kuve for one riven mod that  becomes prolley useless by the time you done with reroll and max ranking this is the current reason why imo the riven mods are garbage. 

rather then disposition better low vaule bonus with static garanteed bonus then random high vaules that you probably by the time you done will be useless anyway.

since riven only usefull at level 100+ enemies anyway due to rare and primed mods easily work pretty good up to level 180+ anyway

Just now, spudster888. said:

Am i the only one surprised they didn't nerf the xoris riven just to rub salt in the wound? They're incompetent enough to do something like that. 

it's too new. IIRC they don't touch rivens of new weapons for like 3 months (prime cycle).

Just now, Fire2box said:

it's too new. IIRC they don't touch rivens of new weapons for like 3 months (prime cycle).

Doesn't change the fact i'm still genuinely surprised. DE break their own rules all the time, so whos to say they would actually abide by that? 

Archived