Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Inaros Prime 28.2.0 + 28.2.0.1

[DE]Megan

Increase in Sentinel HP, Armour and Shields please to keep up with the Steel Path enemies level and damage, maybe make the Repair Kit heal more or faster, I don't run any precept mods for it to attack it's just a passenger on my shoulder for scanning but the enemy just slaughter it in no time.

With full survival mods on the little blighter I'm forever jumping through it providing I'm running Varzarin on the frame to keep it alive but in Steel Path it just dies outright so fast even with Primed Regen equipped, I'd like to be able to scan stuff with it and I shouldn't be forced to run an enemy detect mod on my Warframe to find enemies.

Maybe give us a scan mod for our Beast companions whatever they look at they scan, I'd use it.

So khora now has a bug, the Urushu noble  make whipclaws(his 1st ability) go crazy!!

If you are using any kind of fire weapon , pistols , rifles .... whipclaws do the animation to the left,but still doing the damage on the place you aimed, on using melee weapons, or aiming first , have no problem.

The real problem is , on small places , the bug  just go your ability to the left , this happens with me today, than I go to simulacrum , ando survivals to test and still happening

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbmiRLTGPUKcLvOX9MuvBePHMRvC8q-c/view?usp=sharing I record that and put this on the drive  

On 2020-07-18 at 10:55 PM, -GAx- said:

It's been this way ever since after the Jupiter tileset rework.

To top this off, the only mildly interesting gamemode, Disruption, has gotten practically a single update.

Arbitration's "+300%" feature is practically redundant when it isn't included on an already meta/primed/kuva weapon. The whole point of the feature is to encourage players to branch out to other weapons that've been collecting dust on their shelf, and while I appreciate this notion, I've never ever seen another player on Arbitration run anything not-meta. Its not enticing enough for anyone who isn't trying to 100% the Arbitration Honors Shop, or anyone not trying to earn Endo.

Rivens cannot be balanced based on popularity and pick rate. Its a half-torn bandaid that only fixes the top-top end of the weapon meta, and while you balance off the godroll Rubicos, you're always opening the door for some random 5 dispo weapon to flood into the meta like how the Bramma on launch did. You're going to end up just rinsing and repeating the entire process of dumbing down this one weapon that gained relevancy per dispo change, getting insanely insulting criticism by the elitist gatekeeping riven trading market that you for some reason take to heart, all for this one employee to S#&$ in front of a spreadsheet measuring how many Wukongs decided to bring along x AoE weapon in a mission.

Third orb still sulking off in the deep. We're getting real close to 2 years of Orb Vallis.

Inaros' Prime Access is very insulting. +max energy on a Warframe that only spends 5 energy per 5000HP lost is not an upgrade. +0.05 sprint speed when Parkour 2.0 exists is not a noteworthy upgrade. Compare this to Atlas Prime who got five statistical upgrades that all made sense, including getting his sprint speed up to the average to make the mountain less sloggish than his size already suggested. Pair this to the lack of a rework/revamp that Inaros needed seeing how he only has 1 and a half abilities. Devour is a joke, I'm not going to spend 5 seconds of my time eating out this poor Scorpion when I can pocket sand 20 of them. Mind you, Devour also does practically no damage in light of the scaling you've decided to introduce. Sandstorm is also made redundant because, pocket sand. While Scarab Armor has its uses, the second half of its features: the projectile damage and healing is not used outside the 5 people in this forum trying to justify him not warranting a rework. I have a better chance trying to ricochet a bullet off the ground and hope an R0 Arcane Victory procs for healing.

I've yet to get my hands on both prime weapons, but I must say Karst Prime seems very underwhelming. Not only does it sport lower damage, but also a slower attack speed than the infamous Gram Prime. Mind you, heavy blade stances are also much better suited for wide swings than dagger stances. On the topic of daggers, Covert Lethality has to be much more than it currently is to warrant the rarity. And no, I'm not talking about bumping numbers, I mean it has to be something else than it entirely is. Finishers are niche enough as is.

Vitus Essence not only drop more, but also require less to be spent in the shop, and also are used to buy more useful stuff than SP Honors. I can actually get returns from buying an Archwing Riven or any of the mods for trading, the Kuva in Arbi costs essentially 20 times less than than in SP, and I at least had access to a new Warframe (Grendel's grind is still not ideal).

DE, you have to eventually understand that in comparison to any other looter shooter, Warframe lacks any form of sustainability and replayability. The fixed numbers (outside rivens) on the weapon and modding system already denies you a lot of replayability other games have where you grind over and over til you get your favourite rolls (eg. Borderlands, Destiny) with the exclusion of Kuva Liches (which is an uninteresting time dump). PvP is severely lacking, and that by itself kills half the potential sustainability this game could have. No one is also getting impressed at anyone getting an exclusive drop with a 0.5% drop chance.

With the direction Warframe is going, you'd spend less effort by just releasing Warframe 2: Electric Boogaloo and revamping essentially half your existing systems.

In order.

I agree that the 300% modifier is interesting, and that nobody alters gear because most weapons with a 300% modifier are still not as useful as meta weapons.  It's just that arbitrations overall are a game mode that seems to not know what it wants to be.  The only reason to pursue them is if you're critically low on endo, or if you want a miniscule chance at getting those arcanes...oh yeah, you need 21 of each.  

Sorry for being a bit leading there.  My point is that the issue with arbitration, steel path, and ESO/SO is all the same.  DE has a limited pool of rewards, and they've made grinding for them extremely difficult.  As such, you play these game modes until the rewards are had and then stop.  Instead of learning from this, they've made whole new game modes that reward poorly.  I made the comment about the Mortus Shoulder Guard because 30% of rewards literally don't reward.  11% drop the one required piece of the new frame.  It's obviously a way to drive player engagement, or make buying things a solution.  In the distant past, this was alright.  Specifically, the drop rates for rares from relics was balanced by having multiple instances (or in the farther past infinite duration).  Now we're one and done with punching bags.  Choose meta or don't have fun is a game killer.

Rivens are balanced off of popularity because DE either can't generate a power curve or don't want to boil things down.  Let me elaborate.  If you have a weapon like the Opticor you can graph the average damage, and compare said damage to the Kohm.  Objectively this gives you a comparison point.  Now do the same for all weapons, and you'll find that certain guns are more powerful than others.

The issue with this is that DE has 3 damage types and 10 elements.  If you were to  try and graph such a complex system you'd require 13 dimensional results, which are functionally incomprehensible.  Add in enemy shielding, armor types, and health types, and you've got a useless cluster of information that couldn't be interpreted in any meaningful way.  That's just insane, right?

Why didn't this exist before?  Well, it did.  The issue was that things were much clearer a few revisions of damage ago.  Read up on "rainbow" weapons, and you can start to understand.  At that time each element was separate, so you could have 7 damage types on a weapon.  Enemies were still uniform to their factions.  As such, you could gauge weapon power largely in the three dimensions of faction.  The diversification into 10 elements has made things interesting, but impossible to gauge well.

If you'd like a competing strategy, let's look at Fallout.  Basic guns are focused on attack, lasers are your go-to for energy, and plasma does both.  I can choose between small-arms, heavy arms, energy, plasma, or unique weapons to tailor damage to each enemy.  Likewise, the guns can largely be balanced despite having continuously improving enemies to deal with.  As an example, boot up Fallout 3.  See that the level cap is 30 (yes, I chose this for a reason).  Despite this, the weapons never feel useless.  Yes, I can't use the BB gun to kill a supermutant master, but pulling up Lincoln's rifle and those nice big bullets put them down rather quickly.  Ideally, this would be the case in warframe given the MR system and damage types tailoring to enemies.

Unfortunately, it isn't.  DE made a mess of things with too many moving parts, and they really can't balance the weapons.  Those who've read anything by me will at this point want to call out hypocrisy.  I have asked in the past for them to balance on a power curve because it should be simple.  The catch is that they messed this up.  If there was balance every faction would have a focus.  They would then have a couple of units that defy that convention.  This would force using primary and secondary weapons in tandem.  The problem is with 13 damage types you really can't.

Now that we've discussed basic balancing, let's discuss rivens.  They're never done, because of changing disposition and an RNG roll of their values.  If you and I both get the same named riven we could have different stats, and will have different stat values.  As such, they're never done.  It's bad content though, because their values cannot be balanced to the weapon.  As such, DE decided instead of fixing the mess we'd balance it for them.  They pull data for usage, then buff or nerf rivens based on outcomes.  In control systems terms this is basically building yourself a giant black box.  In go the weapons and rivens, out comes the usage, and you alter riven values until usage meets some desired level.  It's terrible game design, and at least 90 days lagging behind actual usage.  

To fix all of this DE needs to simplify their damage system...and they won't.  If they removed elements like corrosive and viral people would lose their minds.  This is a case of them being too stubborn to admit their systems are too complex, so they respond rather than control.

The Karyst Prime is complicated.  It is slow.  The thing is that it's a relatively wide arc of damage, and it does hit well.  It's primary usage scenario seems to be with Inaros or a stealth frame, to deliver finishers.  The damage is high enough that the covert lethality bonus makes it kill most of anything that isn't a complete damage sponge.  Combine it with the quick animation of daggers, and it isn't a total mess.  If you're into that sort of thing it isn't bad.  That said, daggers are pretty lackluster given the covert lethality changes.  I'd say it's a solid niche weapon but nothing more.

Regarding the rewards system in general, let's go through what is an is not evergreen.  Credits aren't, if you play constantly you'll find yourself sitting on a huge pile.  Resources aren't, as the only disappearing resource is argon.  Argon is a real pain, but with the void not requiring keys it's not an issue to grind as needed.  Endo is not.  There are a finite number of mods.  Focus isn't evergreen, as there are limits there as well.  Ironically, arcanes aren't evergreen either.  Finally Nitain, catalysts, and reactors also aren't.  All of them are tied to crafting limits, but you can find yourself with plenty of them.  Less so since the nightwave garbage, but there's still a finite requirement.

Literally the only stuff left is kuva and rivens.  Why?  Well, the former because it works on the later.  If you'd like an understanding, ask when it is you stop rolling rivens.  It isn't when you get a perfect roll, it's when you get one good enough.  This is because even once you get the right statistics, you could get a bad roll on the values.  Imagine getting that perfect riven of +multishot, +crit chance, +crit damage, -zoom and the values are worse than the +cc, +cd riven from ten rolls ago.  Oh wait, no imagination needed.  This means you can never technically be done with either kuva or rivens.

So when people ask about evergreen, and you get any other answer, ask them to show you the math.  DE isn't stupid, they've done it.  This is largely why DE isn't ever going to admit to rivens being a bad idea.  They'll keep this going, because it drives player engagement.  You can also theorize about certain monetary incentives when rivens sell for thousands of platinum, but that can't be proven without more data.

So here's the short of this.  DE wanting player engagement is fine.  Releasing mediocre content is fine.  The insults are tying free-to-play to paid content through at best tenuous mechanics.  If you got all of Inaros Prime's parts day one, built them, then built the frame the earliest you could get it done was Saturday morning.  Baro arrived Friday and left Sunday.  That's pushing for a fomo purchase of a prime pack.  Liches were released with a lich store pack that allowed you to start grinding them immediately.  That's bad free to play, given multiple layers of RNG and time locked drops.  DE is getting worse and worse at this.  It's driving away casuals, and despite what hard core players say they need casuals to provide money.  DE isn't creating content to recommend to casual players, they're creating garbage for veterans and an insurmountable grind wall for casuals.  Why?

-Edit-

If this isn't obvious, I'm leaving the question open for people to answer themselves.  My answer is that DE is seeing the game slowly die, and they're trying to fix it without ever understanding the core issue.  If I see people not engaging, I force an extension on engagement through worse RNG numbers.  This creates a self damaging loop, once you require too much grind to get too little rewards.  

It's a fundamental assumption that given a hard core player base there will be people out there willing to grind for hours to get stuff like steel essence.  The problem is that these players also aren't willing to plow money into the system, because hundreds of dollars per quarter and hundreds of hours of grind are a job and not a game.  As such, you need to create a game focusing on content for new players willing to shell out money and endgame for those that have been here for years.

Is anything in Warframe endgame?  Well, the only thing that is endlessly repeatable is the riven system.  That is broken by being balanced on a lag, allowing for 90 days before any detected imbalance can be addressed.  If it isn't clear, that gives exploits 90 days.  Likewise, the anti-cheat seems to be banning people who do endurance runs of the game (from trade).  This means veterans capable of cheesing 2+ hours to get decent rewards may eat a ban.  If you have no content that is designed for endgame, and penalties for making endgame by endurance runs, then veterans are functionally going to bleed off as content stops being added.  It's functionally a contest between DE and players.

I believe that DE has spent the last 4 years growing not by getting better but by spreading to more platforms.  Each new platform brings an infusion of players, and effectively negates the veteran question.  Nobody can be a veteran, so everybody effectively must start from the beginning.  In this way content is stretched two or more times, and engagement numbers grow without real input of content.

Will the next generation of consoles do the same?  Time will tell, but I think not.  Warframe isn't visually impressive in a way to sell "next gen" technology.  It isn't a game that has positive word of mouth.  It isn't particularly stable, or particularly feature complete.  Heck, it's still a beta years down the production pipeline when anything else trying to use that tactic has officially launched.  Yes, being a beta doesn't excuse poor performance and bugs that take literal years to solve when your competition can outstrip you.  Heck, Destiny has gotten through its rocky years and is now competition for Warframe when years ago it was a joke that Destiny and Anthem were actually worse off than Warframe.  You'll excuse me, but it's hard to see Warframe competing.

I think DE can see this.  I think they already know that things need to change, and the last three years of dalliances into open worlds has hurt them.  I just don't know what they'll do to fix it.  If it were 5 years ago I'd suggest bi-monthly tenno reinforcement packs and bi-monthly events to drive community engagement.  That'd mean every month you get either new weapons or a new event to keep the optimism high.  This would mean smaller updates, more often, with that down time going to fix broken systems.  Unfortunately, I think DE doesn't want to be that.  They want to be Stanley Kubrick rather than Michael Bay.  Bay releases popcorn movies that make money, but have little impact.  Kubrick released movies with immense impact, but required immense skill to produce.  The problem is we're getting Bay level content on a Kubrick timeframe.  Sometimes admitting you aren't the greatest, and focusing on what you do well, is better than failing because your ambition outstrips your talent.

It's been a couple of years now since the in-game way point system was inserted into the game..  In the time that it had been introduced I had: 

• Been sent in circles trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be going to get to extraction...  Hell, even simply trying to do a simple mission.
  • Been sent down the wrong corridors, for hundreds of meters at a time, only to have the schizophrenic way point suddenly say, "nope, it's behind you.  keep up with me." in a way that only a prissy schoolmarm would disapprove.   
  • Way points completely disappear from not only the in-game markers, but the mini-maps as well when I'm the client and even when I'm the host.  And no, I'm not talking about how the green extraction is under the the yellow mission markers.  I'm talking completely gone from the maps.  
  • Been pointed to arbitrary and even draconian way points telling to me take an elevator (or go to some point in the mission map) I had already by passed because I had anticipated the direction I was supposed to be going, and then take almost 30 seconds for the game to decide to catch up only to point me in wrong directions.  
  • As a client had the way points pointing in such diagonals that made no bloody sense which direction I was supposed to be going.  
  • Way points and Mission Queues of what's going on take a full 20 - 30 seconds to catch up to what happened...  Event when the ping is only 150 ms to the host.  <--- This is a bug, but I strongly suspect it's tied into the new way point system in more ways than anyone wants to admit.  

And these are just the ones that come bubbling to the top of my head as I was thinking about a mission today that left me completely on the other side of the map. 

The old way point system (that is being exclusively to the mini-map) might have been buggy, and lord knows most of the times when I was using it I found that the problem wasn't with the mini-map it was in my understanding reading the map.  But at least it wasn't as intrusive as the current system which is causing more eye rolling and head shaking for veterans and new players alike....  

Would it be so much to ask that we get a toggle in options to use the new or old system map marker system?  My sanity would thank you for it if I knew it was listened to...  

Ok, after hours of wasted time I am officially done with this stupid steel essence farming nonsense. 2% really? Eximus spawn rate is low and you did 2% chance? Really?

Can you finally pull out your head out of the butt & bring us something good?

Idk how others, but in my world just happy gamers spending money & I wasn't happy loooooong time!

I found some errors 

1.  When I finished the shop in Marobazzar, it showed me this screen and I had to restart the whole game20200723224243-1.jpg

2. Hm... Operator He probably wasn't in a good mood and wanted to attack me 😄20200723221201-1.jpg

3. In the back of the boat, where you have a fish and your Warframe on display, this mine probably had an interesting day because it could still spin around 20200722205244-2.jpg

Can we please get a toggle in options so we can turn off/stop our Lich's from spawning into our missions. (inbf don't die then)

I don't want my Lich's spawning in THEY ARE JUST A NUISANCE, especially in the wrong mission with the wrong skills they really mess up the mission.

Or it might be good if we could at least have a favourite option so we don't get a Lich that effects the enemies in a certain way that it hinders the mission, I have 60+ Lich's and when one of them turns up they're a pest 99.9% of the time.

On 2020-07-14 at 8:01 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

Thank you.

Redtexts:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Can you make this starting at the same distance? It looks very odd.

unknown.png

Is there an update on the ai or waypoint system?
Recently the waypoints are all over the place and not on usefull doors/exits.
It was kinda fine on the new tilesets at first, but even they are nowadays unreliable.
Like the Corpus rescue on Jupiter often has the green exit maker on the wrong door.

On other tilesets that's a problem for far longer than a year.

On 2020-07-19 at 3:53 PM, master_of_destiny said:

That's pushing for a fomo purchase of a prime pack. 

A prime pack that is by far the worst one ever released. Inaros should have had +50 health and +75 armor and got "sidegrade" handwave epitome of laziness "upgrades" and the panthera is hot garbage. 150 dollars for one weapon that actually can kill things but is still the second worst category of weapon after Sparring is not worth ANYONE's money or investment.

If I knew any better I'd say making a PA this bad was deliberate.

On 2020-07-20 at 2:07 PM, MBaldelli said:

It's been a couple of years now since the in-game way point system was inserted into the game..  In the time that it had been introduced I had: 

The waypoint system has been broken since update .9, aka SIX years ago. Six.

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

A prime pack that is by far the worst one ever released. Inaros should have had +50 health and +75 armor and got "sidegrade" handwave epitome of laziness "upgrades" and the panthera is hot garbage. 150 dollars for one weapon that actually can kill things but is still the second worst category of weapon after Sparring is not worth ANYONE's money or investment.

If I knew any better I'd say making a PA this bad was deliberate.

I'd really like to highlight Zephyr Prime.  Please understand, that I just recently changed statistics from Zephyr to its prime in my highest usage statistics, so I am not just ripping on the punching bag frame here.

This said, the Tiberon Prime was a pretty meh assault rifle that nobody chooses.  The frame itself released as an upgrade, with less that 100 armor.  The Kronen Prime at time of release was pretty much hot garbage, as at the time melee was still awaiting a rework.  This said, the changes to arcanes saw the prime get over 100 armor and the Kronen Prime become much better.

I'd counter that Inaros Prime is still a good frame out of the gate.  It still does everything Inaros did, has seen a skin released for platinum, and the base stats are still high enough that the low increases aren't a deal breaker.  The Panthera is functionally as mediocre as the Tiberon.  The Karyst is in a place where any melee is good, even if the nerf to covert lethality doesn't allow for pocket sand+finisher to kill everything.  

My point here is that this is a mediocre release, and not a bad one.  It's scummy though to tie a game feature to that prime access.  I like Zephyr, despite it too being meh, but would have had a less forgiving outlook if suddenly playing happy Zephyr was tied to having the prime and rewarded aura form bps for every 10 pipes you cleared.

Archived