Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invite issue has been affecting me since Railjack

(NSW)NyxTheDragon

Ever since the railjack update  i have had this inv issue where i cant inv anyone but if i get invs i can join my friends and clan mates. On top of not being able to invites usually the match making process ends up with me soloing a mission  depending on the mission. rarely will I actually be paired with others. Has there been a fix for this yet? I have tried uninstall /reinstalling  but that takes time and didnt fix the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same and no luck. Not even sure it was the Railjack update that did it but looking back the timing seems right; however this issue seems to have cropped up for many over various updates going back at least to 2018 and DE has never had any solution for anyone. Every thread archived though. Tonight  went though many threads AGAIN, sent support a follow up ticket and made various adjustments to both the Switch and my in-game options. Nothing works. I can host and if I'm lucky people join my missions. I can't see any friends online though-so ironically once someone friends me (because they can friend me even though I can't friend them!) I'll never see them again. It makes no sense at all. I can't even communicate with my own Dojo.

What really sucks is I've put blood, sweat and tears into building up my account, tied it to my Twitch Prime, too. So now I have so much value in it I don't want to leave it. Plus my kids want to get another Switch so they can join me and do missions with me....which will be impossible without me being able to see friends online and join them. I am at a total loss....After seeing evidence of this happening for years with no resolution I've lost hope that DE really cares enough to determine what causes it or get a fix-the game is incredible but even though it happens to many of us it seems it isn't enough to light a fire under them and get them to really do something about it. They had me change my IP address....no dice. 

I think I am experiencing the same or similar problem.

When matchmaking, I wait for players. They join my squad, and the countdown starts.
Once the map loads, my Lisette is alone on the loading screen, and once in the mission, my squad is empty.

Somewhere along the way, the players in my squad got booted.

I also can't seem to invite or be invited to private squads.

So far I have restarted the game, the Switch, and the router multiple times. The network test in the options menu says "All systems nominal".

I did find a possible solution (and I am NOT technically savvy but there were directions online and it was not that difficult) to port forward after creating a static IP for my Switch...but that didn't fix it either....I just feel like one of these days, months, or years, someone at DE will wake up at 3 in the morning and think "wait, I know what the solution to the problem is!" and we will all find ourselves back online! LOL But till then I think we are out of luck and that's seriously a huge bummer. Love the game but it's a real grind when you know you can't do it with a crew consistently. That was one of the most enjoyable things about it.

On 2020-09-14 at 6:35 AM, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Yes, port forwarding seems to be the solution.

How did you create a static IP for your switch? Will it be able to connect to other networks still? I am often traveling and use friends' and public wifi...

Regarding other networks-I'm assuming as long as the IP address doesn't accidentally match any of the others on those networks you'll be alright. I don't know enough to understand whether there would be any other things to consider.

It seems to work if I look up my Switch's current IP (seems to change daily or at random), and port forward it in my Router.

To make this a bit less tedious, I gave my Switch a static IP adress, but now Warframe detects that my NAT is strict.

*Halo 3 flashbacks* God how I loathe whatever NAT actually is.

On 2020-09-18 at 6:08 AM, (NSW)JEEEEEEEEEEF said:

Otak: "have you tried turning it off, then on again?" Maybe try to uninstall warframe then reinstall, but make sure you have a backup tho.

LOL actually I didn't-I did check to see if I had corrupted data. Since I didn't I didn't bother to reinstall. Maybe that's the solution. I had seen that suggestion and the thought of going through putting back all my mods again etc made my head swim....and using a backup made me think maybe that would defeat the purpose? I don't know. This all feels *so* 2020 LOL.

7 hours ago, (NSW)kc9000 said:

WAIT-whatever they did with the last hot fix must have fixed my problem!!! I can join squads again!!! Hallelujah!!! Anyone else??? I checked to see and they did hot fixes yesterday and the day before. I'm not sure which of the fixes did it but SOMETHING worked!!!!

Scratch that. 😔 I had a few hours of squads this morning for the first time since this all started up months ago....then got a notice not to touch the Switch b/c of account migration or something....the game froze and I finally had to quit....when I came back I had the EXACT same problem again.....ARGH!! Unbelievable....!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-19 at 8:34 AM, (NSW)kc9000 said:

LOL actually I didn't-I did check to see if I had corrupted data. Since I didn't I didn't bother to reinstall. Maybe that's the solution. I had seen that suggestion and the thought of going through putting back all my mods again etc made my head swim....and using a backup made me think maybe that would defeat the purpose? I don't know. This all feels *so* 2020 LOL.

yeah, I had a problem where my game crashed like every 10 seconds, and the corrupted data check didnt find anything, but reinstalling it fixed it

Archived