Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path progression problem

Xardis

From my experience taxi in hard mode doesnt unlock the node for the person being taxi'd. I think thats a big problem. I understand the reason it works the way it works,

Spoiler

but at least place those nodes in a state that you unlocked them if you played them with someone, but you cant access them on your own unless you link back to them with your starchart progress. Right now the problem I have with it is that I cant unlock the starchart with friends unless we play the slowest one in group since progress from taxi is null.

to prevent people skipping those whole starchart, but its not a group friendly solution. I only encountered this on Steel Path, but I would imagine its present on normal starchart too. So: if you play only with a specific group of people or solo, your option to not waste time while unlocking the starchart is to a) play only with that group unlocking nodes one by one or b) play exclusively solo. Why no public tho? Even on normal starchat its hard to find a group in most of the nodes that dont have a specificly desireable droptable. This is even more present in Steel Path since by definition you will only encounter people got to that point. So the options are: play with your friends waste time every time one cant play for some reason, either coz you have to backtrack with him, or he has to backtrack on his own to catch up to you, play with your friends only in your full group, or just play public only, I mean solo hoping for some random to join you.

What I would want to see in both star charts is an another state the node can be in: unlocked but blocked, once you do a mission in a node you dont have a direct progression link to, starchart remembers you did it, but nothing else changes, only once you link up to it, it becomes fully unlocked, thus not forcing you to replay it if you want to progress.

I dont need to be taxied, I want to play with my friends and a) for it to not be a waste of time for them if I want to progress my steel path or b) for it to not be a waste of time for me if they want to progress theirs.

Right now if our steel paths are not in synch, its a waste of time to even play together since it would mean at least one of us has to repeat nodes he already did for others to catch up to him. If the missions we did in group partialy unlocked the nodes of others it wouldnt be a problem.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Xardis:

I dont need to be taxied, I want to play with my friends and a) for it to not be a waste of time for them is I want to progress my steel path or b) for it to not be a waste of time for me if they want to progress theirs.

Right now if our steel paths are not in synch, its a waste of time to even play together since it would mean at least one of us has to repeat nodes he already did for others to catch up to him. If the missions we did in group partialy unlocked the nodes of others it wouldnt be a problem.

I expected an argument like: "I'm a Mr. 0 player and without taxi I can't progress in steel-path.", but your argument sounds reasonable.

Steel Path nodes work just like normal starchart nodes: when taxied it marks as 'completed' if you have access to the planet it belongs to.

I believe that unlocking mechanic on its own is the problem here. There's a sense that player have to do normal missions one by one to gain access to the next junction, get blueprints, unlock quests, progress to the next planet and so on. But it doesn't work with SP: player has to do missions just to unlock more missions until all of them are unlocked and completed.

SP nodes should all be unlocked once a player gain access to the SP.

To be fair I don't see an issue with nodes not unlocking unless you've actually reached it. 

In all honesty I don't really agree with the ability to taxi on SP because it opens up the option for players to literally just do one map to get all the items from Teshin.  All they need is to find one willing person to taxi them to a long run survival/defence on the optimal map etc, rather than needing to work their way through the map to get access to it. 

Remember the only reason to do SP is the MR, the 'prestige' of completing it and the rewards from teshin.

On 2020-07-15 at 8:37 AM, Syasob said:

Steel Path nodes work just like normal starchart nodes: when taxied it marks as 'completed' if you have access to the planet it belongs to.

I believe that unlocking mechanic on its own is the problem here. There's a sense that player have to do normal missions one by one to gain access to the next junction, get blueprints, unlock quests, progress to the next planet and so on. But it doesn't work with SP: player has to do missions just to unlock more missions until all of them are unlocked and completed.

SP nodes should all be unlocked once a player gain access to the SP.

you get mastery for completing them, the idea is to recompleat them in the order tht u would have gotten them in the first place 

the ops argument isnt invalid, it should however mean that u need the planet unlocked to have then ode completed however 

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised the taxi didn't give credit... this is bad imho

I don't "need" a taxi, and wasn't looking for a taxi in particular.... just makes it easier to do map nodes with other people

I was using join clan member feature, so I could do some nodes with other people... but found out it wasn't giving me credit

that's kinda S#&$ty

Now I have to look for specifically only people who happen to have the exact nodes that I have... which makes it very unlikely to find a group... that's not a good thing

On 2020-07-15 at 1:26 AM, Xardis said:

From my experience taxi in hard mode doesnt unlock the node for the person being taxi'd.

Isnt this Normal ?

As far as I remember,  You could only unlock a node if the person you were taxying had that Node Already unlocked but hasnt beaten it yet.

I dont think you could unlock any nodes that actually were Locked because any previous nodes were not cleared yet.

Archived