Jump to content
(PS4)Singularity-X1

Ok, I need to know (PS4)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I don't have spare ducat items lol, i absolutely loath having to ducat farm

Uhhhh. Are you sure you know what we're talking about here? 

Prime parts, which we get from opening relics in fissures, can be traded in for a fixed number of ducats. Some items are pretty common and only worth a small number, like 15, others uncommon are worth 45, and some are rare and worth 100.

If someone uses the term "prime junk", they're referring to a set of those random prime parts usually with the intent to feed them to Baro for ducats. People will buy those items without really wanting them for their own intrinsic value, because they represent time saved. Players trade a handful of plat for around 20 minutes worth of time saved opening relics. 

Now why sell prime junk, you might ask? The answer is demand. The majority of items in this game are already owned by a huge number of players. So they don't want to buy your crap. Worse, a large proportion of the people who already own the items have multiple sets that they can't use and would probably like to sell them for plat, so you are competing against them all. That makes it difficult for impatient sellers like yourself to make plat. 

Prime Junk on the other hand is what happens when you accept that nobody actually wants what you are selling, and that your time is better spent elsewhere. You intentionally set your price at bargain basement levels, to encourage people to just take them off your hands. And at that point in time, you can be sure that you will almost always have a long line of customers messaging you looking for multiple trades. 

"But Guz!" I hear you crying, "7plat per 6 items traded is next to nothing!!!" And you are right. But it's not nothing, which is what you seem to be getting most of the time you've spent sitting in your orbiter begging for a sale. And 7plat per trade, with 4 full trades per day, 5 days a week means you're looking at 140 plat per week, and over 500 plat in a given month. 

Now, imagine what those numbers look like if you manage to get 8 plat per trade and do 6 trades per day, 5 days a week, with a couple of extra trades thrown in each weekend? That's 1000 plat per month. For selling junk that nobody wants to buy. Not bad right? 

And right now, Tenno con's relay always drives the prices for junk up slightly. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uhhhh. Are you sure you know what we're talking about here? 

Prime parts, which we get from opening relics in fissures, can be traded in for a fixed number of ducats. Some items are pretty common and only worth a small number, like 15, others uncommon are worth 45, and some are rare and worth 100.

If someone uses the term "prime junk", they're referring to a set of those random prime parts usually with the intent to feed them to Baro for ducats. People will buy those items without really wanting them for their own intrinsic value, because they represent time saved. Players trade a handful of plat for around 20 minutes worth of time saved opening relics. 

Now why sell prime junk, you might ask? The answer is demand. The majority of items in this game are already owned by a huge number of players. So they don't want to buy your crap. Worse, a large proportion of the people who already own the items have multiple sets that they can't use and would probably like to sell them for plat, so you are competing against them all. That makes it difficult for impatient sellers like yourself to make plat. 

Prime Junk on the other hand is what happens when you accept that nobody actually wants what you are selling, and that your time is better spent elsewhere. You intentionally set your price at bargain basement levels, to encourage people to just take them off your hands. And at that point in time, you can be sure that you will almost always have a long line of customers messaging you looking for multiple trades. 

"But Guz!" I hear you crying, "7plat per 6 items traded is next to nothing!!!" And you are right. But it's not nothing, which is what you seem to be getting most of the time you've spent sitting in your orbiter begging for a sale. And 7plat per trade, with 4 full trades per day, 5 days a week means you're looking at 140 plat per week, and over 500 plat in a given month. 

Now, imagine what those numbers look like if you manage to get 8 plat per trade and do 6 trades per day, 5 days a week, with a couple of extra trades thrown in each weekend? That's 1000 plat per month. For selling junk that nobody wants to buy. Not bad right? 

And right now, Tenno con's relay always drives the prices for junk up slightly. Just saying. 

Yeah, i know what you're saying. But I really don't like having to open relics and farm that over and over. I don't have any prime stuff on me lol, unless it's something new or spare for when Baro is here if I need it, otherwise I do not do them. I already turned everything I had for ducats, because I rarely do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

Yeah, i know what you're saying. But I really don't like having to open relics and farm that over and over. I don't have any prime stuff on me lol, unless it's something new or spare for when Baro is here if I need it, otherwise I do not do them. I already turned everything I had for ducats, because I rarely do it.

Well Tenno, at least you now know why you are spending hours and hours trying to get sales for the items most people already own multiple copies of, while others hit their daily trade limits in just a few minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well Tenno, at least you now know why you are spending hours and hours trying to get sales for the items most people already own multiple copies of, while others hit their daily trade limits in just a few minutes. 

I've only been playing for four years, I'm trying to avoid burnout. I don't need to be lectured when I was simply asking for a sale. Thanks for your concern however.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I've only been playing for four years, I'm trying to avoid burnout. I don't need to be lectured when I was simply asking for a sale. Thanks for your concern however.

👆👇

On 2020-07-14 at 9:36 PM, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I don't have that much money to spend on platinum, so i've been saving up for a really long time, and trade chat definitely isn't working.

That's in your first post. It's why we've wasted our time trying to help you figure out how it all works for so many people. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

👆👇

That's in your first post. It's why we've wasted our time trying to help you figure out how it all works for so many people. 

 

Bruh, go drink some lemonade and calm down lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

👆👇

That's in your first post. It's why we've wasted our time trying to help you figure out how it all works for so many people. 

 

I do not appreciate being treated like an inept moron when I was simply asking for a sale after being patient so long, and as I stated, i'm trying to avoid burnout and grinding excessively in-game that I actually like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I do not appreciate being treated like an inept moron when I was simply asking for a sale after being patient so long, and as I stated, i'm trying to avoid burnout and grinding excessively in-game that I actually like.

Like I quoted, you did more than just ask when the next sale was going to be. Since nobody here seems to own a working crystal ball (mine is currently in the shop undergoing some repairs) predicting the future is a little bit tricky. Instead several people tried to offer advice on what works in the mean time. 

Some suggested prime access as the plat bundles included actually make for a good deal. Others suggested ways to get sales in trade chat. Since all of those answers are being dismissed for one reason or another, and I've never had much luck with divination from the flight patters of bird, or cartomancy, maybe the answer "eventually" is the best you will get? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Like I quoted, you did more than just ask when the next sale was going to be. Since nobody here seems to own a working crystal ball (mine is currently in the shop undergoing some repairs) predicting the future is a little bit tricky. Instead several people tried to offer advice on what works in the mean time. 

Some suggested prime access as the plat bundles included actually make for a good deal. Others suggested ways to get sales in trade chat. Since all of those answers are being dismissed for one reason or another, and I've never had much luck with divination from the flight patters of bird, or cartomancy, maybe the answer "eventually" is the best you will get? 

Go read more of the chat since your crystal ball is in the shop. You'll find a solution there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

Go read more of the chat since your crystal ball is in the shop. You'll find a solution there.

Oh I did, "spring and summer, no wait, just spring" but no there's still no answer for the date when it is going to happen next time because nobody really knows. So it's still "eventually". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh I did, "spring and summer, no wait, just spring" but no there's still no answer for the date when it is going to happen next time because nobody really knows. So it's still "eventually". 

I bought a prime access, clearly you didn't; I hope you have a great rest of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I bought a prime access, clearly you didn't; I hope you have a great rest of the day.

Yes, I saw that too. It was just a couple of posts under the one I paraphrased. And yet many posts above you saying you just wanted to know when the sale will be (just a couple of posts above this one). And we still don't know when it will be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all of this *gestures to the world* I don’t think we’ll be getting some soon, if at all.

 Honestly you’re looking at PA for plat or selling in game. Sure TC sucks worse than a leech on a kid, but you can always try the ps4 market (I’ve had loads of luck there lol).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they have the special deals on console for unvaulted accessories, or Empyrean bundle? It's usually better to get these starter packs, as the plat per dollar value is similar or better to buying plat directly, and it comes with exclusive cosmetics that can't be obtained by plat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Do they have the special deals on console for unvaulted accessories, or Empyrean bundle? It's usually better to get these starter packs, as the plat per dollar value is similar or better to buying plat directly, and it comes with exclusive cosmetics that can't be obtained by plat. 

Yeah, iirc we had like 20% off or something on one of the obsidian packs + empyrean. Unsure if it’s still going on though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-16 at 4:59 AM, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

I just bought it hesitantly lol

Thank you for supporting Warframe and DE!

Those who voluntarily invest make the game possible and I am thankful for all of you that make the continuing journey possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-15 at 7:15 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Leave the "greed is good" mentality for the Corpus, Tenno. Think small, to make it big. Even the largest bucket can be filled with small droplets.... Unless it has a hole at the bottom or something..... Or if you are in an extremely hot, dry and windy climate I suppose, or if... Look you get the concept. 

loves this mindset. +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-15 at 8:51 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Consoles don't get special sales mate. The most efficient way to get plat with real money is to buy the prime access or unvaultings for console players.

Think about it. The full prime access pack on console gives 4k plat. The new primed frame and weapons. With potatoes and slots. Plus the extra spiffy accessories. For 152ish dollars every 3 to 4 months.

You are getting items and more plat this way for a lower price then buying plat seperately.

And you support de.  It's not ideal but thats how it is.  Consoles dont get to use the discount coupons like pc.

Star trek online had zen sells(their version of plat) on the PlayStation store so it can be done if they wanted to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually have a plat sale during Easter weekend and maybe another one during the summer, but because of the pandemic those dates were skipped.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for a plat sale any time in the near future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

Star trek online had zen sells(their version of plat) on the PlayStation store so it can be done if they wanted to do it.

Can do and actually do are two different animals. Sure consoles doing a sale would be great. But chances are unlikely.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Can do snd actually do are two different animals. Sure consoles doing a sale would be great. But chances are unlikely.

Except for the fact that they usually actually do about once a year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Except for the fact that they usually actually do about once a year? 

The facts are what they are. No sales have occurred this year. We may or may not get them in the future.

You have limited choices. If at some point a sale happens then great. But we have no clue what will happen.

The time frame of the sales must be really limited. Never seen them ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

The facts are what they are. No sales have occurred this year. We may or may not get them in the future.

You have limited choices. If at some point a sale happens then great. But we have no clue what will happen.

The time frame of the sales must be really limited. Never seen them ever.

The list of things that a person has not seen is usually quite extensive. Most people have probably never seen a line of reef squid holding position. Most people have probably never seen a nuclear powered submarine underway. Most people have probably never seen the pearls being sold in Hyderabad in India. Most people have probably never seen the glass art in the Atlantis hotel in the Bahamas. Most people have probably never seen a whale shark. Most people have probably never seen the Crown Jewels in London. Most people have probably never seen the Statue of Liberty. Most people have probably never seen bacteria, or viruses. Prior to this year most people had never seen a major global pandemic. 

Fact is that we both know that they all exist. 

So to help you out:

https://www.warframe.com/news/spring-platinum-sale-3

https://www.warframe.com/news/spring-platinum-sale-2

https://www.warframe.com/news/spring-platinum-sale-4

First two are us, last one was for the xbones. 

As for not being able to predict when the next one will happen, you're right. My crystal ball is still in the shop for repairs. Seems they're having trouble sourcing the parts. Does that mean that there'll never be another one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They happened in the past so maybe we'll see another. But who knows.

The safest and most logical course of action is to use the pa/unvaulting for plat or trade stuff to players for plat.

Thats all we can actually do.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

They happened in the past so maybe we'll see another. But who knows.

The safest and most logical course of action is to use the pa/unvaulting gor plat or trade stuff to players for plat.

Thats all we can actually do.

Yup. That's what several people suggested a while back. That and wait and see. Our sales aren't that great anyway, compared to the discounts pc Tenno get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...