Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Encryption Of Drop Tables? I Called It.

Exothug

Well, i predicted it 2 months ago and got flamed by all you blind sheep. "How dare you make such accusations", "DE would never do that", "I'm reporting you", "Baah Baah".

Now it happened and it hit you in the face like a hammer. Datamining has been eliminated.

DE is encrypting the drop tables to start enforcing a pay-to-win environment

One week (maybe two) from now, the forum will be exploding because there are no more real drops. Then, another week later,

DE will proudly announce that all the drops are now in the market (and they will probably even dare to say it is for our convenience).

DE has realized that the transparency caused by dataminers will make the community realize every attempt in enforcing purchases. We saw it with the Reaper blades and with resources hitting the market after a "bug" with the drop tables.

I called BS, and you flamed (some even reported me). Now you are here crying over the same exact thing that i called months ago.

DE,

if you continue on decreasing transparency and increasing the necessity of platinum, you can count on me getting a refund (enforcing it with a lawyer if need be).

just my 2 cents.

Edited by Exothug

Guest DeadGoanna

DE is encrypting the drop tables to start enforcing a pay-to-win environment

I saw this and that was enough too not make me take you seriously.

if you continue on decreasing transparency and increasing the necessity of platinum, you can count on me getting a refund (enforcing it with a lawyer if need be).

Isn't performing a Charge-back more efficient than contacting support and getting a lawyer? Unless Charge-backs can't be performed like this...

Isn't performing a Charge-back more efficient than contacting support and getting a lawyer? Unless Charge-backs can't be performed like this...

Refund would be a lot easier. Charge-backs bring on a lot of their own problems, and contacting a lawyer is way too expensive for so little reward.

Also, misery and being depressing is all that truly matters...always. Always.

Edited by Sidathe

"I'm so cool because I predicted something so I'll make a post to rub it in people's face and be cool like that. Oh, let me add a lawyer threat too, that'll make me sound so tough."

PS: What about 100% bp drops? It makes buying warframes with plat virtually useless, never mind increasing the time value of plat.

Edited by Trainer772

Wait, wait, just hold on a second, wait...

You just realized the drop tables were encrypted? What were you in a cryopod? 

I just sh!t my pants laughing so hard. HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... aww...

Only Neil deGrasse Tyson can explain how hard you fail

12766-cm12766150075102da016gif-GXCf.gif

Edited by KingKeif

idk, maybe i missed something... but encrypted items are encrypted for the sole purpose of security; e.g. to keep eyes out / off said items whom u DON'T want to see.. well, whatever it is that is being encrypted...

if encrypted items are meant "for eyes only" ... why would DE encrypt something they intend to put into a full display, with it's own menu and easy-navigation-throughout... IN GAME?

I really hope that you go for the "(enforcing it with a lawyer if need be)" route.  That way you can see what hiring a lawyer actually costs.  If you also find a lawyer that will take your case on the "You only pay me if I win your case" base, let me know.  I want to find a lawyer that will work that cheap.  

Anyway, DE is there own company.  We are not shareholders and they do not answer to us.  They can make their own choices and they will succeed or fail depending on that plan.  If you have fun playing the game, keep playing, if not, then play something else.  Steam is Greenlighting games every day.  You can download games straight to your console or computer.  Most of these games are cheaper than the cash you spent on your plat.  Find something you like and be happy.  If you are making a flame post about a game, you are doing it wrong.  You should be playing a game you enjoy instead.  

idk, maybe i missed something... but encrypted items are encrypted for the sole purpose of security; e.g. to keep eyes out / off said items whom u DON'T want to see.. well, whatever it is that is being encrypted...

if encrypted items are meant "for eyes only" ... why would DE encrypt something they intend to put into a full display, with it's own menu and easy-navigation-throughout... IN GAME?

well, they never actually specified what the Codex would be. The way they talked about it, it seemed like it would just keep track of the drops you've received.

One week (maybe two) from now, the forum will be exploding because there are no more real drops. Then, another week later,

DE will proudly announce that all the drops are now in the market (and they will probably even dare to say it is for our convenience).

Wow, most tinfoil hat thing I've seen in a long time, and I watch Doomsday Preppers occasionally.

well, they never actually specified what the Codex would be. The way they talked about it, it seemed like it would just keep track of the drops you've received.

u do have a point.

however, i don't understand wtf encryption has to do with anything. like at all.

ok, so i encrypt a data file that only one other person on the planet can see. fine.

what's the point in encrypting anything when the contents of that data file will be open to the public in the form of drops at the end of every single mission that millions of people play every single day...

every player knows what they get every mission. datamining will never end unless there is some end-all be-all codex in game.

sorry, maybe i completely fail to understand the meaning to the OP post, or what it said for that matter. a huge chunk of it kind of didn't make sense to me.. maybe i did fail?

u do have a point.

however, i don't understand wtf encryption has to do with anything. like at all.

ok, so i encrypt a data file that only one other person on the planet can see. fine.

what's the point in encrypting anything when the contents of that data file will be open to the public in the form of drops at the end of every single mission that millions of people play every single day...

every player knows what they get every mission. datamining will never end unless there is some end-all be-all codex in game.

sorry, maybe i completely fail to understand the meaning to the OP post, or what it said for that matter. a huge chunk of it kind of didn't make sense to me.. maybe i did fail?

Nah, I don't understand most of it either. It's the drop chances that we're whining about, but it's not like those were ever revealed for most things anyways. I only know of the Void where it's even been relevant, and I hate Void, so it never affected me.

Edited by theasl

I knew it would happen like this. Fanboys, founders and sheep found my thread and overrun it with flaming.

Got to love the community. Anyway, you can come back in 2 weeks when everything needs to be bought and apologize for being an example for natural selection's failure.

Edited by Exothug