Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert is Back!

[DE]Helen

44 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game. It's honestly a joke to even put time or money into this game when you guys don't even care about that investment one bit.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother playing what you guys put out. Steel Essence is probably next on the "reducing required gameplay" train.

You realize that logic is bonkers. I went grocery shopping the price of my favorite drink went down vrs last week do I get a retroactive refund on that from the previous week? I mean really. What has gotten into to you of late its like I am reading the posts of an entirely different person than two months ago when you pointed me to the glyph thread when I was trying to be helpful for the forum goers who don't go on Twitter.

Every MMO that I have ever played has made changes to token costs for yearly events at some point during my time playing them. Many times they were lower and that was cause for celebration. If you are getting to the point that a yearly funzy event demeans your time investment because of a 30% token cost reduction it may be time to take a break.

Edit: OP I quoted was significantly increased in scope adding link below. I stand by my comments however.

Hmm, the scenario is fun, but I wish, I could actually hit something with those waterguns... Aiming is horrible. How about putting the beach music into some somachord fragments so we could collect them to play the tune on our orbiter? The same goes for the music in the new Corpus ships, by the way. This would be great.

52 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

little bummed theres nothing new in the shop, no real point in running the event if you got what you wanted last year unless you like the event.

little blessed there is nothing new. Really really really don't want to play dog days again, possibly the worst event in WF history

29 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

You realize that logic is bonkers. I went grocery shopping the price of my favorite drink went down vrs last week do I get a retroactive refund on that from the previous week? I mean really. What has gotten into to you of late its like I am reading the posts of an entirely different person than two months ago when you pointed me to the glyph thread when I was trying to be helpful for the forum goers who don't go on Twitter.

Every MMO that I have ever played has made changes to token costs for yearly events at some point during my time playing them. Many times they were lower and that was cause for celebration. If you are getting to the point that a yearly funzy event demeans your time investment because of a 30% token cost reduction it may be time to take a break.

that's the dumbest example you can give. in real life, prices can also increase. And even if it can't, it's still an extremely stupid analogy. furthermore, a drink is a consumable, and arcanes and these things are not. Again, more and more reasons your analogy is quite frankly asinine. 

in fact, if arcanes WERE consumables, then i reckon this person would not complain about a 30% decrease in grind. how funny that?

tell me when did DE ever make the grind worse? give me an example. they never did because they always have an insanely INFLATED grind in the beginning. that is the real problem and it has occurred in practically everything. this person would not complain if it wasn't such a regular occurrence.

why don't you learn to actually comprehend the intentions of the poster instead of just spitting back their own words?

2 minutes ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

that's the dumbest example you can give. in real life, prices can also increase. And even if it can't, it's still an extremely stupid analogy. furthermore, a drink is a consumable, and arcanes and these things are not. Again, more and more reasons your analogy is quite frankly asinine. 

in fact, if arcanes WERE consumables, then i reckon this person would not complain about a 30% decrease in grind. how funny that?

tell me when did DE ever make the grind worse? give me an example. they never did because they always have an insanely INFLATED grind in the beginning. that is the real problem and it has occurred in practically everything. this person would not complain if it wasn't such a regular occurrence.

why don't you learn to actually comprehend the intentions of the poster instead of just spitting back their own words?

You may take note that the original post they made an hour ago mentioned nothing of Arcanes. The post was edited an additional two times between original and final that is currently up and as of the time markers 36 minutes passed from original to finale. No mention of Arcanes was in the piece I quoted so the logic of a funzy event stands in comparison to a drink in a store.

When it comes to items like Arcanes yes I would take issue with that not a water fight for what Nakak offers and surely not with the information I original had to work with. That said I am not going to get into a game mechanics debate in this thread it is not the place and Voltage is the one I would have the conversation with as they are the one I quoted. The only reason I am engaging a response here is you are going off only half of the context required.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Darkfurygaming said:
1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

little bummed there's nothing new in the shop, no real point in running the event if you got what you wanted last year unless you like the event.

then DON'T TALK about it. have fun 

I swear people like you are the reason the game is dying. "If you don't like it don't play" instead of trying to fix issues, people want an event that's worth their time and fun.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game.

This.

Farmed all rewards and 50+ beachballs.

Would be great to get a refund for all the time i spent before the added changes it got last year..

Archived