Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert is Back!

[DE]Helen

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Maybe you should alert support staff team that a mamonth volume of reports will follow, just like last time.

Unlike many other missions (sorties, special alerts) where the probability of finding afk players is decent but is often just 1 every now and then, in this tactical alert it was common to report 1 or 2 per match

The hell is wrong with you? It literally made no difference if you wanted to afk so why did you act this way?

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Maybe you should alert support staff team that a mamonth volume of reports will follow, just like last time.

Unlike many other missions (sorties, special alerts) where the probability of finding afk players is decent but is often just 1 every now and then, in this tactical alert it was common to report 1 or 2 per match

11 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You might have quoted the wrong post there

Are you telling me you reported people for afking? In dog days? Then no I don't have the wrong person or post.

5 minutes ago, quietcanary said:

Are you telling me you reported people for afking? In dog days? Then no I don't have the wrong person or post.

If you read his post closely, he isn't saying he reported people personally, he is saying a huge amount of people were reported. 

Not sure how he would know that unless he has DE's internal numbers, but at least that was how I read it. 

53 minutes ago, quietcanary said:

yes, quite a bunch, i checked a few examples and i noticed that their interest in warframe quickly droped shortly after the tactical alert last year.

It's common sense really, you cannot have automated systems or other players play for you, if you're there, you must play, otherwise a report is valid.

If you like to carry such players, be my guest, but please do take in consideration that such decision is personal.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game. It's honestly a joke to even put time or money into this game when you guys don't even care about that investment one bit. It's not even surprising considering what happened to Plains of Eidolon Arcanes and Primed Chamber.

Will you guys ever solidify a time investment for anything and tell players to suck it up? Will we just continue on the positive player reception wave where you take a dump on invested players to get some positive messages from Reddit / Forums / Twitter / etc. You listened to a single Conclave player on Twitter over Universal Medallions, but don't give a single damn about the percentage of players pumping thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. Disappointing. This isn't dev-bashing, this is the straight truth. I want this game to grow and thrive because it's my favorite game I've ever installed. I see real potential in Digital Extremes and the capabilities of the team, but arbitrary changes like these are just frustrating.

Steel Essence is probably next on the "reducing required gameplay" train. It's funny really. A 2% Eximus drop in 2020 when Blazing Step was removed from ESO, Vidar Reactors are buffed in drop chance significantly, Exploiter Orb Ephemeras were buffed in drop chance, Vengeful Ephemeras were buffed twice in drop chance, and more over the last few years. It's insane that this still happens. Riven Mods investments are tampered with on a scheduled 90 day interval. It's already happened to Liches, Intrinsics, Arcanes twice, and more. There's so many examples, I actually had to make a separate thread once.

I wouldn't mind these changes if there was compensation, but there rarely ever is. The problem with how players felt about Dog Days is how painful it was to play and rewarding AFK was. Reducing things by 30% in the shop doesn't make the mode more fun.

you make some decent points but most of this is just wining. get over it.

35 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

yes, quite a bunch, i checked a few examples and i noticed that their interest in warframe quickly drop shortly after the tactical alert last year.

It's common sense really, you cannot have automated systems or other players play for you, if you're there, you must play, otherwise a report is valid.

If you like to carry such players, be my guest, but please do take in consideration that such decision is personal.

reporting does nothing anyway its a big bluff. i have been playing over 5 years been reported countless and more times (some fore dumb reasons) but never had anything happen besides of getting a bot msg pretty much just saying "hey you...stop that...no..." thats it.

Cool, cool.

And while we're at it, how about bringing Quick Steel back? You know, now that there's the Steel Path it would be quite fitting. (For those who don't know that, it was a mode where you'd go against each other with only Hikou and a Nikana.)

You could run it alongside Dog Days or right after it.

Just make it reward common things/resources anyone can get elsewhere, so it's not a problem for people who aren't into that.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game. It's honestly a joke to even put time or money into this game when you guys don't even care about that investment one bit. It's not even surprising considering what happened to Plains of Eidolon Arcanes and Primed Chamber.

Will you guys ever solidify a time investment for anything and tell players to suck it up? Will we just continue on the positive player reception wave where you take a dump on invested players to get some positive messages from Reddit / Forums / Twitter / etc. You listened to a single Conclave player on Twitter over Universal Medallions, but don't give a single damn about the percentage of players pumping thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. Disappointing. This isn't dev-bashing, this is the straight truth. I want this game to grow and thrive because it's my favorite game I've ever installed. I see real potential in Digital Extremes and the capabilities of the team, but arbitrary changes like these are just frustrating.

Steel Essence is probably next on the "reducing required gameplay" train. It's funny really. A 2% Eximus drop in 2020 when Blazing Step was removed from ESO, Vidar Reactors are buffed in drop chance significantly, Exploiter Orb Ephemeras were buffed in drop chance, Vengeful Ephemeras were buffed twice in drop chance, and more over the last few years. It's insane that this still happens. Riven Mods investments are tampered with on a scheduled 90 day interval. It's already happened to Liches, Intrinsics, Arcanes twice, and more. There's so many examples, I actually had to make a separate thread once.

I wouldn't mind these changes if there was compensation, but there rarely ever is. The problem with how players felt about Dog Days is how painful it was to play and rewarding AFK was. Reducing things by 30% in the shop doesn't make the mode more fun.

Game As A Service or an ever changing game like Warframe typically don’t respect your investment. It’s best you just accept it. What you can do is follow this mindset “I won’t expect an item’s worth will last forever” to prevent disappointment. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahokingkendall said:

reporting does nothing anyway its a big bluff. i have been playing over 5 years been reported countless and more times (some fore dumb reasons) but never had anything happen besides of getting a bot msg pretty much just saying "hey you...stop that...no..." thats it.

That's what you believe.

I know for a fact warned users tend to leave the game shortly after, because afk is 1 step away from quiting and when a warn is given, they will be obligated to play because they can't afford another situation, that's when they realize they aren't having fun and so leave so that they can return later on, having support decide when you should take a vacation isn't something most are willing to try.

Also, support staff have info on the mission you did and can pull up information like glyph placement and emotes, so they know what you did and when and if matches the report you provided and the images (yes you need to provide those).

Do note that each support member has their own judgement, some may warn because it's obvious, others may tolerate the behavior because it wasn't to long (afk time differs from person to person), but they do keep it logged and that's far worse. You see, if they don't warn you, you'll keep doing it and you'll keep getting logged, eventually a report will hit the hands of a support staff member with 0 tolerance and he will see that the player has numerous situations before the incident, that's why some users end up permabanned, with no previous warning and when they contact support they had like 12 afk report instances. I know this because users will ocasionally post these details to the public, especially in reddit.

I personally don't have an interest in this alert, after the first time it was introduced. I find it very underwhelming and boring. It's not fun, for me. Also, Nakak's store for DD is still expensive even with it being 30%. The roller floofs are not worth the 250+ grind of pearls, same for the captura scene. I'm sorry, but 30% is nothing. It's not a reasonable discount for the amount of grind it is to get pearls.  Make that percentage more reasonable, then maybe this alert will be worthwhile. Better luck next time.

Spoiler

Also, tbh, I'm not good at DD. And, I personally don't have any friends to play it with. So, those are another reason why I don't have any interest in it.

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Helen a dit :

WF_DogDays_Keyart_4K.png

Slap on some sunscreen, grab your Soaktron, and hurry to the beach arena, Tenno. Dog Days are back until July 27th at 11:00AM ET!

The Origin System’s greatest water fight is here to help everyone power up and cool down. Soak your enemies to earn waves of rewards:

• Mission 1: 50,000 Credits and Redeemer Abysso Skin 
  • Mission 2: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid's Relay Scene 
  • Mission 3: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid Reprise Noggle 
  • Mission 4: Orokin Reactor and Stratos Emblem 

Nakak’s Dog Days reward prices have been reduced by 30%! Earn Nakak Pearls in each round and exchange them at her shop in Cetus for Roller Floofs, the Dog Days Captura Scene, and more.

In the arena, there are no Mods, no Pets, no Abilities — just an equal engagement between you and your opponents. The team with the most kills before the timer runs out wins. Run out of water? Reload your Soaktron at the water fountains shooting throughout the arena. 

Make sure to enjoy the waves before July 27th at 11:00AM ET. Just like Kela De Thaym’s gas leak, the Dog Days Tactical Alert is active for a limited time. Get soaked, Tenno!

nice kk

Archived