Dog Days Tactical Alert is Back!

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahokingkendall said:

reporting does nothing anyway its a big bluff. i have been playing over 5 years been reported countless and more times (some fore dumb reasons) but never had anything happen besides of getting a bot msg pretty much just saying "hey you...stop that...no..." thats it.

That's what you believe.

I know for a fact warned users tend to leave the game shortly after, because afk is 1 step away from quiting and when a warn is given, they will be obligated to play because they can't afford another situation, that's when they realize they aren't having fun and so leave so that they can return later on, having support decide when you should take a vacation isn't something most are willing to try.

Also, support staff have info on the mission you did and can pull up information like glyph placement and emotes, so they know what you did and when and if matches the report you provided and the images (yes you need to provide those).

Do note that each support member has their own judgement, some may warn because it's obvious, others may tolerate the behavior because it wasn't to long (afk time differs from person to person), but they do keep it logged and that's far worse. You see, if they don't warn you, you'll keep doing it and you'll keep getting logged, eventually a report will hit the hands of a support staff member with 0 tolerance and he will see that the player has numerous situations before the incident, that's why some users end up permabanned, with no previous warning and when they contact support they had like 12 afk report instances. I know this because users will ocasionally post these details to the public, especially in reddit.

Edited by KIREEK

I personally don't have an interest in this alert, after the first time it was introduced. I find it very underwhelming and boring. It's not fun, for me. Also, Nakak's store for DD is still expensive even with it being 30%. The roller floofs are not worth the 250+ grind of pearls, same for the captura scene. I'm sorry, but 30% is nothing. It's not a reasonable discount for the amount of grind it is to get pearls.  Make that percentage more reasonable, then maybe this alert will be worthwhile. Better luck next time.

Spoiler

Also, tbh, I'm not good at DD. And, I personally don't have any friends to play it with. So, those are another reason why I don't have any interest in it.

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Helen a dit :

WF_DogDays_Keyart_4K.png

Slap on some sunscreen, grab your Soaktron, and hurry to the beach arena, Tenno. Dog Days are back until July 27th at 11:00AM ET!

The Origin System’s greatest water fight is here to help everyone power up and cool down. Soak your enemies to earn waves of rewards:

• Mission 1: 50,000 Credits and Redeemer Abysso Skin 
  • Mission 2: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid's Relay Scene 
  • Mission 3: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid Reprise Noggle 
  • Mission 4: Orokin Reactor and Stratos Emblem 

Nakak’s Dog Days reward prices have been reduced by 30%! Earn Nakak Pearls in each round and exchange them at her shop in Cetus for Roller Floofs, the Dog Days Captura Scene, and more.

In the arena, there are no Mods, no Pets, no Abilities — just an equal engagement between you and your opponents. The team with the most kills before the timer runs out wins. Run out of water? Reload your Soaktron at the water fountains shooting throughout the arena. 

Make sure to enjoy the waves before July 27th at 11:00AM ET. Just like Kela De Thaym’s gas leak, the Dog Days Tactical Alert is active for a limited time. Get soaked, Tenno!

nice kk

9 hours ago, ITheRavenI said:

Get into the line we still didn't have:

-Ball gauntlet from Lunaro

and

-Chainsaw Ghoul weapon

dont forget snowballs and im sure theres at least one more... whatever we used in the halloween event?

😢 I know you guys are working hard on whatever will be revealed @ Tennocon but geez.  I should be used to things not being updated or refreshed ever in warframe but Dog Days felt like it would be different.  We got a reddemer skin and that hydroid captura (not sure if that has ever been released before?) and thats something but no new floofs, no music, no decorations, no new island tile?   No effort....

Fortuna/Cetus are very stale also.  Atleast Cetus has some decorations you can buy with standing.  The only thing you can get in Fortuna for standing is captura scene and some emblems that were just added.  NO decorations.... those are with Ticker and take debt bonds(and never get new stuff).  

1st DD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd DD

• Like 1

So nothing new about punishing afk jerks that infested this last year? Really? Nice to see it back and with reduced prices is cool.

9 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Nice, farmed 24000 pearls last year and now it's all 30% off....

At least increase the orbiters capacity so I can place all the left over floofs
unknown.png

Pretty ballsy of you.

Basically you can play this event in these ways:

- Go public and AFK: get 50 pearls and a ban.

- Go public and play: get 50 pearls + a few extra because the rest of the team stole all of your kills

- Go public and kill steal: get 50 + a lot of pearls from the KS.

- Go solo and play: get 50 pearls + ~25 for me from the kills. Fastest way to farm because people don't KS you.

- Go solo, kill 1 and go afk on top of the tree: Get 51 pearls + 5 minutes of youtube. Easiest way to farm and not get stressed about it. Totally worth it.

• Like 1

While this Dog Days event is nice and all, it doesn't change the fact you didn't listen to your players telling you not to go ahead with the Xoris interaction with exalted weapons nerf, among many other knee-jerk reactions.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, (NSW)RIG05 said:

Yes! Warframe anime girls beach episode returned!

ehh

this event just reminds me that I should dust off my copy of Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash... they've got more varieties of water guns. and destructible armor...

• Like 1

got my emblems from last year and a fashion frame bright enough to burn out retinas.This year I think the captura scene. I went for a floof and palette  last year.   

Aero set is patched and Garesh still runs circles around you with 10-15 clipped fps rate.

Will most likely just finish the event just for the Stratos Emblem, but screw Endurance mode even with the 30% discount on Nakak’s event shop. Not interested in the headaches that Garesh inflicted unto me from last year without a way to cheese him back.

I think it would be great to have the Soaktron, in the game, like all new pvp team annihilation and or have it as an impact based weapon with a passive of increased status duration in pve mode, id really like to see how in game mods could have an advantage in example like firerate and or projectile flight speed, among having this synergize with saryns passive. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Rictus chainsaw when?

Hmm...

e9e8a49754280a31d2b05a2869d7bd197e784986

SimplisticDeafeningFieldspaniel-size_res

I liked these types of weapons in some other games, so i approve of the request.

So, I'm happy the alert has come back.  It also seems to be filling in the gap until tennocon....which hopefully is a sign that we're not going to spend August, September, and October in a content drought again.

The 30% decrease in price is interesting.  I'm rather less than happy, because it means if you participated before you paid too much...when the game mode incentivized afk farmers because effort was not rewarded.  It will probably be lost on most people, but it's just a bit insulting to those who bumbled through the broken mess that this released as last year.  I know you won't be giving out pearls, but trying to sell a 30% cost decrease as good is telling us you never cared to balance it last go around.

The AI and interactions seem to be much better this time around.  Specifically, deaths seem less like a cheap mob and more like you weren't dodging.  Kudos to whatever improvements were made.

I hope this event is going to get something better than floofs.  The Nightwatch mods can already be farmed, the cosmetics are one-and-done rewards, and you've already got the infested boil event on Cetus that offers more rewards worth grinding for.  

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game. It's honestly a joke to even put time or money into this game when you guys don't even care about that investment one bit. It's not even surprising considering what happened to Plains of Eidolon Arcanes and Primed Chamber.

Will you guys ever solidify a time investment for anything and tell players to suck it up? Will we just continue on the positive player reception wave where you take a dump on invested players to get some positive messages from Reddit / Forums / Twitter / etc. You listened to a single Conclave player on Twitter over Universal Medallions, but don't give a single damn about the percentage of players pumping thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. Disappointing. This isn't dev-bashing, this is the straight truth. I want this game to grow and thrive because it's my favorite game I've ever installed. I see real potential in Digital Extremes and the capabilities of the team, but arbitrary changes like these are just frustrating.

Steel Essence is probably next on the "reducing required gameplay" train. It's funny really. A 2% Eximus drop in 2020 when Blazing Step was removed from ESO, Vidar Reactors are buffed in drop chance significantly, Exploiter Orb Ephemeras were buffed in drop chance, Vengeful Ephemeras were buffed twice in drop chance, and more over the last few years. It's insane that this still happens. Riven Mods investments are tampered with on a scheduled 90 day interval. It's already happened to Liches, Intrinsics, Arcanes twice, and more. There's so many examples, I actually had to make a separate thread once.

I wouldn't mind these changes if there was compensation, but there rarely ever is. The problem with how players felt about Dog Days is how painful it was to play and rewarding AFK was. Reducing things by 30% in the shop doesn't make the mode more fun.

This is an important argument. It is uneasy to balance out numbers/quantities like that after it all went live. However, there is the opportunity of compensation. I do strongly enforce that. I know the story about the Clan Research-Mutagen Samples' struggle/problem. It is still an extreme issue, that makes people leave high tier Clans. I am a Warlord of a Moon Clan, with about 800 registered players, where about 120 or so, are frequently present. The jump from 300 players to 1000 players between the highest tier Clans, makes it hard to manage/consider (temporary) Clan Tier reduction. By the state how it still even remained, some Research Projects would take times more than the recent lifetime of a Moon Clan already had sustained. In other words, not in the players' lifetime, to get a certain Bio Lab Research Project finished, under the current Clan balancing. Also, Color Pigment quantities for example, Zanuka Hunter related, are high off-balance for (99% of the) Moon Clans. Also I would have great ideas of how to make players frequently working on their Clans' Research Projects and its Built/Decorations. I am not going to post it here just now. If you want to work on that, contact me, DE. My Warframe knowledge is very great, and that is how I could provide with some of the greatest insights/solutions for your ever growing project.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, KIREEK said:

That's what you believe.

I know for a fact warned users tend to leave the game shortly after, because afk is 1 step away from quiting and when a warn is given, they will be obligated to play because they can't afford another situation, that's when they realize they aren't having fun and so leave so that they can return later on, having support decide when you should take a vacation isn't something most are willing to try.

Also, support staff have info on the mission you did and can pull up information like glyph placement and emotes, so they know what you did and when and if matches the report you provided and the images (yes you need to provide those).

Do note that each support member has their own judgement, some may warn because it's obvious, others may tolerate the behavior because it wasn't to long (afk time differs from person to person), but they do keep it logged and that's far worse. You see, if they don't warn you, you'll keep doing it and you'll keep getting logged, eventually a report will hit the hands of a support staff member with 0 tolerance and he will see that the player has numerous situations before the incident, that's why some users end up permabanned, with no previous warning and when they contact support they had like 12 afk report instances. I know this because users will ocasionally post these details to the public, especially in reddit.

well after 5 years which is a long time and several and several AND several bot msg. and nothings happend people say the same thing its a bluff from all ive seen of my experience. the only time i seen someone banned is region chat which isnt really nothing or you hack into the game. so in my state of experience im going to "press x to doubt"

6 minutes ago, (PS4)mahokingkendall said:

well after 5 years which is a long time and several and several AND several bot msg. and nothings happend people say the same thing its a bluff from all ive seen of my experience. the only time i seen someone banned is region chat which isnt really nothing or you hack into the game. so in my state of experience im going to "press x to doubt"

ehh? you doubt on their system. If they (DE) has a reason to ban/suspend you they do it without warning.

• [DE]Helen locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic