Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path - Ropalolyst

Sorarii

I know it's probably been said a bunch already, but that fight was rough on Hard Mode. Easily the biggest challenge I've encountered in the Steel Path so far. Took me 30 minutes to clear it solo because my amp just tickled it. Once the shield phases were out of the way it was much smoother sailing. If the fight weren't so buggy I'd have considered trying to find a group if only to accelerate the shield phases. Maybe it's just my setup (Granmu-Shraksun-Lohrin) but I think the values should be looked at there. Otherwise, loving the Steel Path so far.

I had a random mission failure after 26 minutes of grinding SP RopaLOLyst. LOL might be in the name but not feeling it. Was with one other player and he crashed out early.  

Flood the platforms with enemies, have drop ships spawning in. Make it fun. Chipping away at health bars for minutes at a time is just frustrating as all hell. I didn't tune my setup for the mission either, so I was ill prepared (but super tanky). I'm not inclined to do that mission again for a while.

Why are we forced to (re)play buggy content like 'free roam Sortie on Cetus' -- it is a miracle when you get through one of those on the first attempt. Ropa is amongst the least stable parts of the game--I know let's supercharge the annoyance factor!

There's a hidden timer that fails the mission when no enemies are killed over a set amount of time (not sure, 10 minutes?).

This could be fixed by either having a few enemies spawns every couple minutes or disabling the auto fail timer while a boss enemy is alive.

Had the timer fail the first time I attempted (beginning of third phase), and the second I had the infinitely respawning health in the final phase bug. Frustrating as all hell. 

New content is great, but these types are bugs are majorly annoying. I wasted well over an hour on these attempts, and it is not fun, AT ALL.

I am sure it has been said a million times, and there are probably memes, but the LOL in Ropalolyst IS DE laughing at us right? (Jk)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-08-02 at 11:46 PM, lostzx81 said:

I had the infinitely respawning health in the final phase bug. Frustrating as all hell. 

I'm not sure that's a bug. What I did was get ready and trigger the big laser immediately after I finished the health. I carefully managed its health for the last bit, keeping a tiny sliver. I then activated invisibility went to the laser button (I was on Ash Prime for the Seeking Shurikens that didn't work, Loki would probably be better with his silent invisibility augment). I shot out the last sliver and instantly hit the laser button. That worked.

As far as that hidden timer mentioned by others, I made sure to kill at least one trash mob whenever they were available.

As mentioned I used Ash built for mostly duration and durability (as also mentioned, I'd recommend trying Loki with Hushed Invisibility)

For shooting the Ropalolyst's health I used a Rattleguts Kitgun modded for radiation (which is good against the alloy armour of the Ropalolyst, because I'm pretty sure status armour stripping doesn't work). For this you want Pax Charge unless you want to go through a lot of ammo pads.

To kill trash mobs I used a Pennant with a heavy attack build.

I used a Granmu-Propa-Certus (377) Amp to take down the Ropalolysts shields. It was a failed experiment for Eidolons, but it was pretty good for this. The alt fire from the Propa does a ton of damage up close, and the Granmu does... less crappy than most damage when the Ropalolyst retreats to a medium distance (occasionally it went out of range of both, but not often or for long).

Pretty beastly fight. I enjoyed the challenge of figuring it out, but hiding behind the nearest "rock" while sniping at a bullet sponge was very tedious in a fast paced game like Warframe.

I hope that helps everyone.

The most annoying factor for me was the immunity to Shattering Impact on, from what I could tell, just the last phase. Poking the two synovia weakspots seemed to get noticeably easier after a few swings of the ol' Shattering melee, but that last run down of the health bar was a grind and a half. Hell, I had to bring in my Archgun (twice) because I was out of ammo and didn't feel like using a restore pad. Couldn't exactly melee for a prolonged amount of time to damage because of that pointless irritating grab.

Shattering also actually lets you soften up the sentient wave. Shattering is life (except when randomly invalidated).

Shields were fairly trivial for me though. Prism #2 gets so many multi-hits when you're shooting along its outstretched murder-beam arms. Can see how a different amp might struggle.

5 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Shields were fairly trivial for me though. Prism #2 gets so many multi-hits when you're shooting along its outstretched murder-beam arms. Can see how a different amp might struggle.

Interesting. Good to know. Oddly the propa doesn't do that. Although propa does hit it from a MUCH farther range than you would expect. (at least 3-4x as far as the graphics would suggest, I would guess)

I don't want to test it out because that battle was such a slog. But, I may need to suffer through it my son out when he gets there on his steel path. So, thanks.

10 hours ago, Kaltorack said:

Interesting. Good to know. Oddly the propa doesn't do that. Although propa does hit it from a MUCH farther range than you would expect. (at least 3-4x as far as the graphics would suggest, I would guess)

I don't want to test it out because that battle was such a slog. But, I may need to suffer through it my son out when he gets there on his steel path. So, thanks.

As long as you're in your Warframe when the Soap-on-a-Rope-olyst starts audibly aiming and charging up the megalaser it shouldn't change aim towards the Operator when then transferring out. I found this to be the best method to get a lot of solid damage (especially as it lined the hitbox up perfectly for the prism to multi-hit), and of course, the frame is invulnerable when Transferred so the laser is a non-threat as long as it's pointed that way.

On 2020-08-11 at 2:30 AM, Kaltorack said:

I'm not sure that's a bug. What I did was get ready and trigger the big laser immediately after I finished the health. I carefully managed its health for the last bit, keeping a tiny sliver. I then activated invisibility went to the laser button

Thanks for the info -- but I tried the same thing. I gave up after the third restore to full health. I timed the last shots (I was using charged chamber vectis), delivering from the console position and it was never enabled (the console did not illuminate and not UI element 'Press X' or whatever). So, I would have to say it's a bug. Or, an 'undocumented feature' maybe... I have cleared all Steel Path nodes except this one -- probably will try again in a squad but I'm not trying solo until this shows up in the fixed section of an update (which may be a while).

On 2020-08-12 at 11:29 AM, lostzx81 said:

Thanks for the info -- but I tried the same thing. I gave up after the third restore to full health. I timed the last shots (I was using charged chamber vectis), delivering from the console position and it was never enabled (the console did not illuminate and not UI element 'Press X' or whatever). So, I would have to say it's a bug. Or, an 'undocumented feature' maybe... I have cleared all Steel Path nodes except this one -- probably will try again in a squad but I'm not trying solo until this shows up in the fixed section of an update (which may be a while).

That's weird. Because in the run I did that on, I had the health refresh twice before I tried activating the console immediately (which then worked, killing it). Sorry it didn't work for you.

Archived