Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog days event style is a perfect segway/rotational into pvp

snowfxz

With this type of event there is an inherent fun and casual feeling to it. there are no op guns to worry about everybody just have a supersoaker. no warframe abilities, and no melee. just a fun little soaking. playing pvp mode in dog days can perhaps earn towards conclave standings/skins. 

Maybe we can have a snowball version in winter.

Introduce a pvp game mode into dog days

With this type of event there is an inherent fun and casual feeling to it. there are no op guns to worry about everybody just have a supersoaker. no warframe abilities, and no melee. just a fun little soaking. playing pvp mode in dog days can perhaps earn towards conclave standings/skins. 

Maybe we can have a snowball version in winter.

Back in the days we had Snowday Showdown (snowball teamfight), Hearts & Arrows (Paris only instagib), and QuickSteel (Kunai and Nikana with a special stance) as PvP events, but a group of people didn't like it and became overly vocal to prevent them from ever coming back and now nobody has had the chance to play them in years.

Oddly enough, the events didn't even require being good at pvp to get the rewards (doing good just allowed players to do less matches to get them), which imo says a lot about how toxic "the best community in gaming" actually is.

On 2020-07-16 at 7:59 AM, Stormdragon said:

Back in the days we had Snowday Showdown (snowball teamfight), Hearts & Arrows (Paris only instagib), and QuickSteel (Kunai and Nikana with a special stance) as PvP events, but a group of people didn't like it and became overly vocal to prevent them from ever coming back and now nobody has had the chance to play them in years.

Oddly enough, the events didn't even require being good at pvp to get the rewards (doing good just allowed players to do less matches to get them), which imo says a lot about how toxic "the best community in gaming" actually is.

"but a group of people didn't like it"

literally the best conclave experience I have had and "people don't like it"

yeah ok sure

On 2020-07-15 at 3:29 PM, Stormdragon said:

I mean, if it's the special rewards that were the problem, who says we even need them? I'd be down for that just for bog-standard Conclave standing, maybe adding the unique rewards to the syndicate shop. Same system we have now.

8 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

"but a group of people didn't like it"

literally the best conclave experience I have had and "people don't like it"

yeah ok sure

Yeah, I don't get it, either. But that's just how it is.

I wasn't around for Quick Steel anymore, because at that point I took a break from the game. But turns out I had the same impression in the few games of Snowday Showdown I played at the end of 2016:

Responses especially on the forums were different, however. And I'd imagine it was also the reason that they removed the Stratos emblem:

And the following is one of the feedback threads. From what I heard later, they were heavily moderated:

Or maybe it was that the devs retroactively removed the Stratos emblem from Snowday Showdown and the one for Quick Steel was an honest mistake. I don't quite remember how that went exactly. In any case, now Dog Days rewards a Stratos emblem but we don't have the same outcry against that. It's definitely not a coincidence.

On 2020-07-16 at 12:29 AM, Stormdragon said:

which imo says a lot about how toxic "the best community in gaming" actually is.

the saying "self praises stink" is kinda fitting tho

Edit for context: Living through it since steam launch... but honestly the community started decaying real bad as the praises got mainstream and the ingame competition declined.

Archived