Recent Prime Frames have become more distinct to their regular counterparts.

Note: edited for further clarification

Am I the only one who liked it more when Prime Warframes used to share the same bodies as their regular counterpart but with added armour and details here and there?
With recent Primes however, they now have completely different body models from their regulars or rather their Prime details are covering the entire body.
Don't get me wrong, I like the newer Primes design as much (especially Mesa's... *cough*, y'know!), but I kinda wish the prime details could tone down a bit, mainly because sometimes it's kinda hard to use certain skins on them as some either don't really look that good or won't show much difference when using with Prime details toggled on...

Take Ash Prime for example: He uses the same body as regular, but he's got his Prime details on his arms and legs. His torso however, is prettu much unchanged besides different texture, which mean he's pretty much open for customization with skins without having to toggle Prime details off.

Chroma Prime is an example of looking very distinct from his regular counterpart. Personally, I think it's one of the best Prime designs ever, but the issue with it is when you want to use skins on him. Due to his Prime details covering almost the entire body, it's not easy to spot any difference without having to turn their Prime details off.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I prefer the older Primes, mainly due to their consistency with skins while still having their Prime details toggled on, unlike newer Primes where you probably will have to turn off in order to see more of the skin.

Some of you may have stumbled upon posts about how the oldest Primes (Excalibur, Frost, Mag etc) should have revamped designs due to their minimal differences and part of me actually would want that as well, though I'd prefer them to have added armour rather than having a completely different body like recent Primes

Edited by (PS4)Frostelus
Further clarification
  • Like 1

Naw i like the radically changed designs. The earlier primes to me are ugly or boring.

I'll take the ully changed smexy cowgirl mesa over any of her other skins any day. Or the more filled out inaros prime. The regal thick mirrage. Jellyfish wedding dress ivara.  And so on.

We have skins to let folks each get what they want.

I hope when we get octi prime she has a more femanine body design like her deluxe skin.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 20
6 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I like more change, like new things on the model. Like Trinity Prime , Saryn Prime, Ivara Prime, ...

Trinity Prime and Saryn Prime are examples of what I was referring to. If you look closely, they do retain a few similarities to their regular counterpart, like Trinity has different armor, but otherwise same body and Saryn has the same chest and legs. Other examples are Rhino Prime and Nyx Prime, as both have the same bodies to their regulars, but has some extra additions. Ivara however, has her Prime details covering almost her entire body, so when equipping Tennogen with Prime details on, there's not much difference, meaning you'd have to sacrifice the Prime details if you want to show more of the skin

• Like 1
Just now, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Depends on the frame. Most boring design of late was atlas? The rest have been pretty unique. And different from their base or deluxe skins.

I think giving Atlas a neck was a pretty radical departure from the original versions tbh.

As to the point of the OP,

@(PS4)Frostelus, I tend to agree that the Prime version of the frame is, ideally, supposed to be the mold that our regular versions were derived from but artistic visions will also manage to affect things as well.

It can be inconvenient to have the Prime set on what amounts to a different T-frame from the original version as frame specific cosmetics might not fit properly.

Mesa could be an example due to her (ahem) augmentation... it's potentially even more pronounced on frames like Inaros, Chroma, or Equinox as the T-frame seems entirely different between their prime and regular versions. 

Spoiler

I just choose to think of it as the Prime being the version that underwent the transformation process and the other versions being mass produced copies of it.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Nezha, Octavia, and Revenant .

• Like 1

I disagree because I don't like the look of base nezha and I want his prime to be very different, and I also dislike the look of most base frames. It's also cool to see the creative spin DE puts on new primes instead of just old frames with a few gold bits.

• Like 5

Personally hoping nezha prime will be something like this.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Y2LkX

Hoping octi will be closer to her deluxe skin. Because her base design has no femanine curves. I get it was going for a band uniform.

As for gara. She's slready very knight like and her tennogen skin went with a samurai.

Her deluxe concepts look pretty good so far.

Id like to see gara prime be more like this.

https://www.deviantart.com/twonkeykong/art/WARFRAME-Gara-Deluxe-Skin-Concept-820907429

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

Not really, most of them just stuck a void key in their faces.

Like so:

875eb9c777e3bf20fc3ff4792fc92dfc.png

At least Rhino Prime have those "pauldrons"(i think?) on his shoulders, a wind up key on his back and some extras on his waist which is what I'd prefer on Primes. Excalibur however only has a different textured skin sadly.
Btw, I believe Rhino and Excalibur are the only ones with a "key" on their faces, could be wrong

• Like 2

hey, anything's better than Frost Prime.. literally a helmet swap and a couple tiny gold bits, that's it. I think the newer designs are better.. most of the time at least: Nekros, Mesa and Inaros Prime in particular have all been done great IMO.. Oberon Prime though.. ugly as sin, thank god for  his Feyarch Skin and Tennogen.

same with the weapons, thoguh I'd say they've been going off the deep end recently with Corinth Prime, and what even IS the Karyst Prime blade? looks like the Blacksmith had a seizure while shaping the metal...

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Depends on the frame. Most boring design of late was atlas? The rest have been pretty unique. And different from their base or deluxe skins.

I'm interested in your thoughts of why Atlas Prime is considered boring to you. Just wondering.

18 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

I'm interested in your thoughts of why Atlas Prime is considered boring to you. Just wondering.

He has fairly average designs to me.  A bulky knight like motiff for just about all his designs.

I personally like to use the grineer tennogen helm combined with either his deluxe body or prime body.

The deluxe makes him look like a golem depending on your colors. Well that helm combined with the knight like body screams spawn or punisher to me.

I don't really like atlases kit though so i seldom play him. I generally use the female frames more. But will swap stuff around for whatever the gosl is.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

I actually wish all frames had more unique skins that were a radical departure from the original ... but that's mostly because I main Trinity but I hate the skirt.  I know I've whined about this (more than once) on these forums ... but I hate the sticks that hang from original Trinity's waist and I dislike the skirt/bustle thing Trinity Prime has going (but I hate it less than the non-Prime look) and that one deluxe skin Trinity has (Strega) just makes her have no feet and a giant skirt (and I hate it more than I hate the non-Prime look).  So a Trinity with no skirt or sticks hanging down would be welcomed by me.

Maybe Trinity Prime is just embarrassed because her ... assets aren't as nice as Mesa Prime's.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Elessara1 said:

I actually wish all frames had more unique skins that were a radical departure from the original ... but that's mostly because I main Trinity but I hate the skirt.  I know I've whined about this (more than once) on these forums ... but I hate the sticks that hang from original Trinity's waist and I dislike the skirt/bustle thing Trinity Prime has going (but I hate it less than the non-Prime look) and that one deluxe skin Trinity has (Strega) just makes her have no feet and a giant skirt (and I hate it more than I hate the non-Prime look).  So a Trinity with no skirt or sticks hanging down would be welcomed by me.

Maybe Trinity Prime is just embarrassed because her ... assets aren't as nice as Mesa Prime's.

Pretty much each of the female frames have at least one skin which has curves. The problem is that theres often a cloth or piece of armor hiding it.

I like trinities prime design personally has this robe caster like feel to me. Her knightess skin still keeps a nice female figure and reduces the bulky armor bits on her waist.

Some frames have gotten 2 deluxe skins. Perhaps later on we will have more of that happen to allow greater variety.

Though the garuda and khora deluxe skins to are very ugly. A shame the other cosmetics bundled with them are good.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
4 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Pretty much each of the female frames have at least one skin which has curves. The problem is that theres often a cloth or piece of armor hiding it.

I like trinities prime design personally has thus robe caster like feel to me. Her knightess skin still keeps a nuce female figure and reduces the bulky armor bits on her waist.

Some frames have gotten 2 deluxe skins. Perhaps later on we will have more of that happen to allow greater variety.

Though the garuda and khora deluxe skins to are very ugly. A shame the other cosmetics bundled with them are good.

I like the helm and chest part of the Knightess but it still has the sticks and the back skirt thing.  I keep hoping for a new deluxe or a new Tennogen though it doesn't seem that Trinity gets as much attention in those areas.  That's ok, I've been dealing with her 19th century bustle for awhile now, I can live with it.  =p

Tennogen can only change textures on the body the meshes can't  be messed with.  So a more radical change of really removing trinities skirt armor would require a deluxe from de.

So it's not likely to happen. But who knows.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

I prefer the new designs.

Taking the base frame and tacking some gold filigree on feels lazy by today's standards. I want primes to feel exotic and different, the new models do this. Not just some jewelry added for the sake of it.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, (PS4)Frostelus said:

Am I the only one who liked it more when Prime Warframes used to share the same bodies as their regular counterpart but with added armour and details here and there? 

Like trinity?

tbh new prime frames look amazing, they fix the problem I had with some - "I have to buy a skin for this one, no matter if it's deluxe or tennogen to be able to play it"
Wukong prime for example - I don't need a skin for him and I never bought one.
If some amazing deluxe comes, maybe.But how he is now it is perfect.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1