Recent Prime Frames have become more distinct to their regular counterparts.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Like trinity?

tbh new prime frames look amazing, they fix the problem I had with some - "I have to buy a skin for this one, no matter if it's deluxe or tennogen to be able to play it"

Trinity Prime is an example. She has the same body as her regular, but has different armour. When equipping skins on her, you can see a bit of it since her Prime details don't really cover that much on her body unlike the newer Primes. Another example would be Ash Prime, his Prime details are on his arms and legs, while his torso remains the same mold as regular.
Newer Primes however, while they look really nice, don't get me wrong, their Prime details are covering almost their entire bodies, like Chroma Prime for example, making it almost difficult to use skins on them while toggling Prime details on, since you won't be able to see much difference on them.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Frostelus said:

her Prime details don't really cover that much on her body unlike the newer Primes.

I disagree, they are enormous and don't mix with anything,

1 minute ago, (PS4)Frostelus said:

Newer Primes however, while they look really nice, don't get me wrong, their Prime details are covering almost their entire bodies, like Chroma Prime for example, making it almost difficult to use skins on them while toggling Prime details on, since you won't be able to see much difference on them.

So in short as I understand it the problem is not a visual/"they look like different frames" problem so much as an a fashion frame problem?

I kinda agree on the point that they are very different, but also I am rooting for this.
The last couple of primes were a big big improvement on top of the normal frames and are on top of most skins.Also as you said you can toggle the prime details on and off(I mostly turn them off).

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I disagree, they are enormous and don't mix with anything,

So in short as I understand it the problem is not a visual/"they look like different frames" problem so much as an a fashion frame problem?

I kinda agree on the point that they are very different, but also I am rooting for this.
The last couple of primes were a big big improvement on top of the normal frames and are on top of most skins.Also as you said you can toggle the prime details on and off(I mostly turn them off).

Yeah it's mostly a fashion issue, though not a big problem like I'd go riot or something, lol. Just expressing my opinion pretty much.
I still like Chroma Prime's design, but equipping skins shows very little difference unlike older primes. And yes, I too agree that certain Prime designs have improved immensely from their originals, but the fact that skins like Tennogen were designed with their original Frame models as base, they sometimes don't really show much difference on some Primes due to their Prime details covering all over, which is a shame in my opinion.
I once bought the Drevni Skin for Chroma Prime, but when toggling Prime details on, there's not much difference, sadly. So I had no choice but to turn the details off.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Frostelus said:

Yeah it's mostly a fashion issue, though not a big problem like I'd go riot or something, lol. Just expressing my opinion pretty much.
I still like Chroma Prime's design, but equipping skins shows very little difference unlike older primes. And yes, I too agree that certain Prime designs have improved immensely from their originals, but the fact that skins like Tennogen were designed with their original Frame models as base, they sometimes don't really show much difference on some Primes due to their Prime details covering all over, which is a shame in my opinion.
I once bought the Drevni Skin for Chroma Prime, but when toggling Prime details on, there's not much difference, sadly. So I had no choice but to turn the details off.

I has similar problem with Chroma Prime and Morkai skin. I love Morkai more robotic/futuristic texture and I also love design of Chroma Prime, but sadly prime details are too overwhelming and you only see glims of Morkai design. However I don't think that simpler design for Primes would be as good as you think.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

for me Wukong prime looks DOPE AF, i love his design compared to his regular one

I like typically use a tennogen skin with 2 different tennogen helms with prime toggle on.

But thats me.

I'd rather not go back to the lazy designs of the early prime frames.  While I agree sometimes the primes completely remove themselves from the core warframe, most of the time it looks better or different enough to make it feel worth it.

That said I think that DE can do as bit better with respect to making the effects of their abilities more apparent.  IE Oberon summoning full foliage then just grass, stuff like that.   What I don't like seeing is a lack of that, Atlas Prime having his rock armor stay the same, using the same low poly models yet Rhino Prime covers his entire model.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 3

My fav Prime design is still Nekros Prime. Inaros is #2 in my books. 

I really like the more radical Prime designs vs the earlier Primes they were a bit on the boring side. The one Prime I still hope they redesign is Valkyr because her Prime should reflect her Deluxe Skin which is dosent at all. 

Plus she has to be the most boring Prime model next to Excal Prime.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

My fav Prime design is still Nekros Prime. Inaros is #2 in my books. 

I really like the more radical Prime designs vs the earlier Primes they were a bit on the boring side. The one Prime I still hope they redesign is Valkyr because her Prime should reflect her Deluxe Skin which is dosent at all. 

Plus she has to be the most boring Prime model next to Excal Prime.

To be honest, I kinda like Excalibur Prime's design. Especially the helmet. Not many would find it appealing to have a key as a face but yeah, I kinda like it.

As for Valkyr Prime, I don't think a change would be necessary, as mentioned in the main topic, since many Primes have a drastic difference to their regular counterpart, like Equinox, Wukong, Chroma etc, Valkyr is pretty much the same, looking completely different to her regular one, including her deluxe skin.

Lore wise, I'd like to believe that during the time the Gersemi skin was the defaults look of regular Valkyr, those arm pieces from Valkyr Prime was removed and a tail was added at some point, but when Alad V captured Valkyr and altered her, he was inspired to recreate those bits on her arms and the removal of the tail was the result from all the torture and surgery of the body

Edited by (PS4)Frostelus

I like change but it wuold bee nice if tennogen skins work good on them like for example wukong prime look amazing and all tenogen works perfectly on his prime body... We need things more in that direction and i wish that they rework poor Frost prime who is nothing special from normal look that is ridiculously sad because he can have weary badass prime look design... 

On 2020-07-16 at 2:15 AM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Naw i like the radically changed designs. The earlier primes to me are ugly or boring.

I'll take the ully changed smexy cowgirl mesa over any of her other skins any day. Or the more filled out inaros prime. The regal thick mirrage. Jellyfish wedding dress ivara.  And so on.

We have skins to let folks each get what they want.

I hope when we get octi prime she has a more femanine body design like her deluxe skin.

Makes me wonder what moves in the heads of people lusting after a walking corpse.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Makes me wonder what moves in the heads of people lusting after a walking corpse.

Fundamentally people like attractive things. It's human nature.

Plus it is a videogame.

• Like 3
Just now, Takamori said:

Hope they update Excalibur Prime allowing to use Excalibur Umbra body ho ho ho (I know DE won't waste resource for a few player founders like me QQ)

What would be the point?

You have excal prime and umbra from the quest. No need to have extra toggles.

I tend to prefer richer designs, and the recent primes have been amazing imo. Titania Prime has to be one of my personal favorites, with Ivara coming close behind. I still hope we'll sometime get an auxiliary toggle for her skirt, I love using the Kuvael helmet with her and it would fit so much better without the bright jelly stuff.

• Like 2

Atleast we know how frames look like when Orokin empire was at the top, so now we can see which are knock offs/recreated in post Orokin era

AND I LIKE that difference

• Like 3

Ash look sick but he has some issues and imo he needs a revisit. Here is a post of my version of a revisit and showing his issues and the solutions to fix them, leave a comment on my post and tell me what you think.

• Like 1
On 2020-07-17 at 2:52 PM, Takamori said:

Hey Umbra body + the shoved Orokin Key on Excalibur face would be stylish IMO.

Personally I like Excalibur face,but I find the body art bland.

Considering excal has something like 20 plus tennogen and even more helmets. I think your fashion frame is amply covered.