Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why doesn't warframe revert to old settings if you don't confirm in X seconds?

Black_Wolfy

Question

so i put warframe into fullscreen mode and apparently i selected the wrong resolution because the screen went blue.

"not a problem i'll just wait 30 seconds, the settings will revert like any other game" i thought to myself.
"the settings did not revert" said morgan freeman

and even after editing the config file in appdata to turn fullscreen mode off, the game is still in fullscreen mode..?

i've heard of and and experienced some heavy bugframes but never have i literally been locked out of an entire game because of a failsafe that is commonly used being ignored and the config file not actually doing anything...

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Black_Wolfy said:

so after a desperation search through the launcher settings i found i can turn it off there.

so they DID think of people in my situation and... made the most unintuitive "solution" for it?

At least they provided a solution, unintuitive or not. There are a number of MMOs that don't have a solution beyond digging into the configuration files or, in a few cases I've run into, didn't even have that much available.

On 2020-07-16 at 4:36 AM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

At least they provided a solution, unintuitive or not. There are a number of MMOs that don't have a solution beyond digging into the configuration files or, in a few cases I've run into, didn't even have that much available.

that's exacly WHY i thought of digging into the config files before checking the launcher.

because almost every game reverts after x seconds if you don't confirm. and if that doesn't work you use the config. but the config file doesn't do anything. if you edit the config file, it'll just "fix" itself to how it was before you edited it, which is incredibly stupid.

even with you saying "at least they provide a solution" they provide a solution for two problems they either created or didn't resolve in a more intuitive way.

it's a 2v1 disadvantage, and i'm assuming you can identify the poor decisions when the problems outweigh the solutions twofold?

and that didn't even answer the question. is there some kind of technical reason warframe doesn't do what EVERY OTHER GAME does and reverts to previous settings after X seconds if you don't confirm graphical changes?

Archived