Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Scientific Acuity To The Level Enviroment

VendettaSET

I don't want to be a B*TCH about it, but some level enviroments are really random in regard to the planet's position.

For example, you'll notice open enviroments on Mercury and Venus have snow. Which is preposterous for anyone with a basic knowledge of the solar system. Mercury is a baron desert and Venus even more so, having a bit more of an atmosphere, it creates a gas house effect, making the surface on Venus even more hot than that of Mercury, even if it's further from the sun.

Anyway, that being sad, having opened zones covered in snow on Venus and Mercury is random at best, if not ridiculous.

Plus, i've come to encounter hot-desert worlds further from the sun, which is pretty random again. It should be the other way around.

I know my problem seems a bit nerdy, but as I see it, the game has a sci-fi theme and many of the people who play it would enjoy to see a bit more scientific acuity in the design of it's enviroments. To the least.....because having snow on Venus is the scientific equivalent of having a tropical jungle in the middle of Antartica.

Edited by VendettaSET

Believe it or not, nothing in this game is realistic.

There is a difference between hard sci-fi realism, and nonsense settings, with nonsense mechanics (cutting "life support" for entire planets on some survival missions).

I guess its because of budget and time constrains, still it would be better if they had people working on that instead of releasing more weapons.

It's a pc game. There are plenty that dont make sense. How about wallrunning forever and those amazingly wierd long jumps.

Let's just make everything at random and give the game a bad taste. Just like those bad sci-fi movies where nothing makes any sense.

I seriously applaud you for this. My favorite person in the entire world, is Neil deGrasse Tyson (If you don't know, he is an astrophysicist and one of the most brilliant minds of our time). I Recently watched a discussion in which he explained that he nagged the creator of the Titanic about how inaccurate the sky was in the scene where the chick is floating in the ocean. It took him several year of nagging, but the producer actually had it changed when it went on bluray or dvd or something.

Now that I'm done with my digression, I agree. I was very excited by the solar system I saw when i first logged on. Then I lost all excitement when I realized I would be on ships most of the time (just next to the planet or some stupid sh!t like that...?) What the f%&k is the point of the planets then??. I mean ships for the gas planets makes sense, but seriously... come on. Then EVEN less excited when I realized when I was on a planets surface, how incredibly inaccurate it was.... 

DE doesn't realize it's little things like this that could make their game IN-F%CKING-CREDIBLE. If they had made a tile set for all planets and moons, and then put ship tilesets on gas planets, their game would be winning serious art awards. That's some seriously creative ground breaking sh!t. Of course, that doesn't occur to DE, when they could just add another weapon in.

Edited by KingKeif

DE doesn't realize it's little things like this that could make their game IN-F%CKING-CREDIBLE. If they had made a tile set for all planets and moons, and then put ship tilesets on gas planets, their game would be winning serious art awards. 

Exactly!

Terraforming is a thing, and for how advanced Orokin tech is (Coherent beams of plasma generated by fusion?) it would not be difficult in the slightest.

I'm currently getting core classes on the way, but I'm intending to get a degree in either Physics + Astronomy or just Astrophysics, with programming on the side. I guess you could say I'm one of those people with an insatiable desire to "know." I've read entire textbooks cover-to-cover in my spare time, for example.

So yeah, I do see a lot of the little things, and a lot of the inaccuracies. But I think core design and content (I.e., "getting the game out of beta") are a bit higher on the priority list right now. If they decide to go back and edit things, I would be overjoyed, but I'm not holding my breath for now.

Terraforming is a thing, and for how advanced Orokin tech is (Coherent beams of plasma generated by fusion?) it would not be difficult in the slightest.

I'm currently getting core classes on the way, but I'm intending to get a degree in either Physics + Astronomy or just Astrophysics, with programming on the side. I guess you could say I'm one of those people with an insatiable desire to "know." I've read entire textbooks cover-to-cover in my spare time, for example.

So yeah, I do see a lot of the little things, and a lot of the inaccuracies. But I think core design and content (I.e., "getting the game out of beta") are a bit higher on the priority list right now. If they decide to go back and edit things, I would be overjoyed, but I'm not holding my breath for now.

For starters, they could just inverse the Mercury and Venus snowy environments with the desert like aspect of the more outer planets. It would make more sense.

Terra forming anyone ?

Dude the Orokin can make pocket dimensions linked into a hand sized key and said key having enough power (despite NO apparent power source) open a warp into the pocket dimension.

Turning the entire solar system into a snow planet like Venus won't be hard.

For starters, they could just inverse the Mercury and Venus snowy environments with the desert like aspect of the more outer planets. It would make more sense.

Venus would be a sort of molten lava place with some insanely powerful storms everywhere. Also, enclosed. Otherwise you would die. Horribly.

Terra forming anyone ?

Dude the Orokin can make pocket dimensions linked into a hand sized key and said key having enough power (despite NO apparent power source) open a warp into the pocket dimension.

There no mention of the Orokin doing that. There is not even mention of corpus/grineer doing that either. So we can only guess that except for phobos, all exteriors are placeholders. 

Terra forming anyone ?

That would be the lamest thing ever since WoW and Fb. What's the point of having the system use real-life names when you are then going to dramatically change everything with elf magic? Random-gen some names and you solve the problem without adding some completely ridicolous assumptions in the lore.

Also, the key might just be a comm device triggering a teleporter device that sits in the Orokin Tower. Star Trek anyone?

Creating nice tilesets takes a lot of time with low budget. Livestream 16 showed a few things for the future. grineer shipyard, jungle. I wonder where they will put these tilesets once they're completed.

I still think of Phobos as incoherent, a planetoid moon, with blue sky and sand dunes. If this line is followed, they could even put jungle tileset on Pluto...

Another thing: if Jupiter is the place for new corpus tileset, and Jupiter is a major INFESTED sector of the solar system, where DE is going to put the infested?

Looks like EVERYTHING in maps a placeholder.

Edited by renleech

Creating nice tilesets takes a lot of time with low budget. Livestream 16 showed a few things for the future. grineer shipyard, jungle. I wonder where they will put these tilesets once they're completed.

I still think of Phobos as incoherent, a planetoid moon, with blue sky and sand dunes. If this line is followed, they could even put jungle tileset on Pluto...

Another thing: if Jupiter is the place for new corpus tileset, and Jupiter is a major INFESTED sector of the solar system, where DE is going to put the infested?

Looks like EVERYTHING in maps a placeholder.

Yes, the phobos tileset should have been mars (with the blue sky and liquid water underground being a nice nod towards possible terraforming by the orokin), since Phobos is little more than a pile of rubble and has no atmosphere. 

Edited by tomhrio

Nice, but when i see the map node names, most of them are real life moons. Some moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are large enough to deserve their own tilesets, like Io, Ganymede, Callisto, Titan, Miranda and Triton. Let's remember Phobos is a planetoid moon and received an unique tileset unlike my examples.

The real life moons are a window of expansion for future areas in the game. And some people are asking for a new solar system. A little too early...

(Off topic) Since we are talking about this, i wonder when DE is going to tell us what exactly is the Solar Rail System. Jumpgate system? Ship accelerator akin to the mass relays in Mass Effect franchise? Or something else? Could be another tileset...

Edited by renleech