Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinding/farming In And Of Itself Isn't Bad. However, There's Something Wrong...

Colyeses

I don't have a problem with farming. Getting closer and closer to your goal is awesome, especially if you worked hard for it. But in Warframe, it's something else that's disturbing the fun.

I mean, think about it. You need this many materials for your blueprints. Every mission you do you creep a little bit closer and ultimately you reach your goal. It's taken 30-40 runs, but you got it! That sounds good right?

But now I'm looking for Banshee blueprints. They're not dropping. You can play 30 runs, you can play 70 runs, you can play 150 runs. You're NOT getting closer to your goal. Once you finally get it, it doesn't make all the previous runs seem worthwhile. They were still a total and complete waste of time. You accomplished nothing from all of them except for that one.

It's not farming or grinding if all those previous runs did not accomplish anything. That is why I am suggesting a new item. A consumable that is easy to acquire but requires a good bit of work to complete. A search item.

The blueprint could be a regular drop or even purchasable from the market. Then it'd require some materials, including a few rares. One search item would allow you to select a reward, module or loot drop and increase the chance of it dropping or being awarded. It would take multiple search items to increase the likelihood more, say 5 to bring it up to 100%.

This way you can either get lucky, or you can tough it out and build up the searches you need to get that item. This would eliminate the complete and total luck factor and make the grinding feel more rewarding while also maintaining progression. I've been playing for a while now and I still don't have a focus mod. By sheer luck I managed to get Continuity and Stretch a few days ago, after weeks of playing.

So that is my suggestion. A search item to circumvent the drop rate issues.

It was a really bad move to encrypt the loot tables AND change where things drop before adding some kind of codex. Focus used to drop off Sawmen and it took me a good few hours of Mercury Survival to finally get mine, but at least I had a target to focus on. Randomness is OK so long as there are ways of increasing the odds in your favour. In the case of mods, knowing enemies that drop something works. In the case of rewards, knowing what wave/time has a better-than-negligible chance or what level/faction. If such things are totally random(either actually or just effectively due to lack of knowledge), then there is no sense of accomplishment.

Right now we are all stumbling in the dark, awash with Slash-Dash and Well of Life mods.

This actually raises a question of mine, has ANYONE reading this comment gotten a Banshee part recently? I just realized that even though I have Banshee, I haven't seen a BP for her in ages.

This might be due to a shift. According to the Wiki her Chassis blueprint drops from M Prime on Mercury, but my friend got it from Saturn.

He also got the helmet this morning. Those are both the parts I still need. I got the Systems from Vesper on Venus.

I must be the only one who thinks rare mods drop way too commonly. I don't mind if the only info we get of where loot is dropped is so obscure that we only know the faction to grind against. Things like Focus, Flow, Melee Channel, etc., I have several copies of them within a 4 hour session. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed when I get a rare mod because it calls them rare but I get them all the time.

I got all of my Banshee BPs in the last week.

Helmet on Xini/Eris.

Systems on Martialis/Mars.

Chassis I don't remember.

The information in the wiki is correct though. Take a look at spy and capture missions.

Edited by 0cu87

I got all of my Banshee BPs in the last week.

Helmet on Xini/Eris.

Systems on Martialis/Mars.

Chassis I don't remember.

The information in the wiki is correct though. Take a look at spy and capture missions.

The wiki states a 7% reward chance on M Prime, Mercury, but I feel that's not the case, or else I'm exceptionally unlucky. I got the systems on my first attempt to hunt them down from Vesper, where the wiki said it would be. The helmet has never been awarded to me on Xini. Would it be a wave reward or a reward at the post-game screen?

grind -> reward is fine, and has been rather airtightly proven to extend gameplay.

grind -> other grind -> meta grind is potentially punishing players for no discernible reason.

grind -> meta grind -> prize lottery is absolutely punishing players.

The word lottery and warframe should never sync except for plat prize on a livestream/contest.

The lottery should not exist, period.

Directed prizes should be just that. Once you have A, B, and C from a T19 void zorencopter rodeo D should be 100% guaranteed.

Edited by -Kittens-

It's too bad they still haven't implemented player trades.

So here's the scenario: You're grinding away trying to get the required items for Banshee --Banshee BP, Helmet BP, Chassis BP and Systems BP.  You managed to get 3 of them but just can't seem to get the 4th to drop ANYWHERE.  In all that grinding, you've made a decent amount of credits, you ask your clan if anyone has the part you're missing.  Someone does.  In fact, they have 4 extra that they aren't going to use.  They'll sell it to you for 50k.  Boom.  Done and you can now build your item.

You progress.

All that grinding did turn into something.  Even though you didn't get the drop, you made enough credits through the grinding to purchase it from someone who's luck was better than yours at it.