Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra formas w/ Steel Essence?

1RP1

Would be cool if we able to buy Umbra forma with Steel Essence. Maybe something like 200 - 500 for one Umbra forma? There would be reason to play Steel path after getting all the rewards.

Anyone remember when Umbra Forma used to spawn inside rare caches (the ones with the gold and red wings or something) in Anomalies only for it to get removed because of "security reasons" or some crap? I wonder when they will add them back or if that was just the excuse to make Umbra Forma Nightwave exclusive for who knows how long.

1 hour ago, 1RP1 said:

Would be cool if we able to buy Umbra forma with Steel Essence. Maybe something like 200 - 500 for one Umbra forma? There would be reason to play Steel path after getting all the rewards.

I am afraid the likelihood of seeing Umbra Forma in Steel Path is about .001% chance of happening. As adding it would invalidate the goal of it being optional content. I make that statement on the inference that due to the massive hype the community has built regarding the use of Umbra forma in Meta builds and the "Best Builds" acquiring Umbra forma has taken on a much greater significance than it should. 

So with power creep complaints in one hand, and gives us Umbra Forma in the other DE will logically put the blueprints in content they consider to be true endgame intended for all players to do as they had originally done with Railjack. The set bonus from the Umbra Set can push already powerful Warframes into levels of power that invalidate practically everything more than they already do, and when you consider how vocal the complaints about wanting challenge or mobs are too easy to kill while at the same time that people want to have access to more powerful mods and the ability to use them you can start to see why we only get one per Night Wave.

So no, I am afraid no matter how many people ask, no matter how many Youtubers or Twitch streamers tell their audiences that Umbra forma would be cool to have in Steel Path the reality is it would send Warframes already rickety uneven balance situation careening off a cliff. For the greater good Umbra Forma must remain restricted for now.

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

We call that conjecture.

They had a way to farm them and took it out because it was being "exploited" (aka people found a way to get them that wasn't super one in a million and DE didn't want that and slapped our hands away from the cookie jar). I think it is more than conjecture, considering you can't even buy them with platinum, that DE wants them to be extremely limited. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They had a way to farm them and took it out because it was being "exploited". I think it is more than conjecture

If anything that is evidence to the contrary, they want it to be possible to farm, but not exploited. If we are solely guessing at DE's plans based on their actions, anyways. Without DE actually saying what their plans for umbral forma are, we're all here just pissing in the wind guessing what their goal is.

OP is asking for something that probably won't happen anytime soon because DE moves at the pace of a primed snail.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

If anything that is evidence to the contrary, they want it to be possible to farm, but not exploited. If we are solely guessing at DE's plans based on their actions, anyways.

I think it is more like DE forgetting how their players think. They wanted it to be almost impossible to get, sort of like Xiphos parts or something, but they forgot that no matter how rare you make something, if you make it farmable at all, and it is TRULY valuable, the hardcores will have a huge stockpile within days, not weeks. 

I don't think it was just people finding them easier than intended, or they would have reintroduced them by now in the same way but harder to find/get/spawn or something. I think they realized in any amount of rarity, the hardcores will stock them up fast, as long as they are somehow farmable. I think they just made a mistake, as they do. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't think it was just people finding a way to do it a bit easier, or they would have reintroduced them by now. I think they realized in any amount of rarity, the hardcores will stock them up fast, as long as they are somehow farmable. I think they just made a mistake, as they do. 

Could be. I tried very hard to farm umbral forma when they were available in the space missions, found 4 rare caches, but never received a single umbral forma.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Could be. I tried very hard to farm umbral forma when they were available in the space missions, found 4 rare caches, but never received a single umbral forma.

I do agree it is impossible to know their intentions for sure. I have considered the possibility DE is not even really sure of umbral forma and umbral mods place in the game right now, and is keeping them super exclusive while they try to figure out the balance aspects (before it can get out of control). I mean, they already basically released Primed Intensify for all intents and purposes, and now want to artificially limit it's use with forma, I think that's really the core of this. They resisted it for years, then released it and just straight up gave it to everyone, but are trying to limit it by making you choose which frame you use it with. Leaving you only able to really have enough forma to maximize the whole set on any one frame per year or longer. 

13 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

ya if umbra forma is supposed to be so rare, then make it 500 steel essence to purchase one. Even veterans will think ten times before spending that almighty umbra forma. 

Sadly I have been seeing pics of people farming 100+ Steel Essence in an hour and a half. Trust me, that's a blink of an eye for people with over 7,000 hours in the game.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Umbra forma is meant to be a special reward, not the next meta push.

Again, a rare breath of fresh air, in the form of common sense on the forums? That's two I've seen in a day! Amazing. 

Of course lots of people don't seem to like what you had to say, but that's not surprising. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again, a rare breath of fresh air, in the form of common sense on the forums? That's two I've seen in a day! Amazing. 

Of course lots of people don't seem to like what you had to say, but that's not surprising. 

Opinions are not facts. We don't know what the plan is for umbral forma.

3 hours ago, Yo_DeadFish said:

To get trade banned after?

Oooh can't talk about auto bans for playing the game or mods delete or lock the whole thread.

I think umbra Forma is unlikely, just because it lessens nightwave incentives...   while I think that is probably the reason I think it's dumb.   nightwave is just supposed to replace alerts everything else is just a bonus.   night waves just need to maintain the reward pool of the alerts and make it available to new people it does that fine without it being the exclusive provider of the umbra Forma.  Veteran People would likely still do it for the Cosmetics alone.

Archived