Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aim gliding without secondary weapon makes me drop things

Mutinee

When I try to aim glide with a primary weapon and melee but no secondary, my frame drops the Mobile Defense and Ceres sabotage MacGuffins (also presumably other things). Does not happen if I take my melee weapon off and only use a primary (again without a secondary). Pretty sure this is unintended. Kindly investigate. Thank you.

It's the issue with weapon switch. Picking datamass forces you to equip melee and aiming forces you to switch to primary. Switching to primary drops datamass. That's intended. The solution is to manually switch to melee before picking datamass so you aim in melee.

As for whether you should be able to pick datamass with primary only... that's a different issue.

I'm aware of why it happens, it just shouldn't. You can aim glide with only a melee weapon in your loadout. And if you couldn't pick up datamasses with just a primary certain sorties would be literally impossible.

Yeah I find this problem really annoying. I tend to leave off secondaries sometimes and it leads to me dropping things and not noticing for a few seconds only to have to backtrack and waste time. 

I have to force myself to remember to swap to melee after I pick up the object so I can Aim glide. But the problem with that is I always do it at least once before I remember.

Archived