Just now, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I get that you're trying to provoke a reaction out of me but I'm not going to be goaded into an argument over something so insignificant, so have a good evening friend.

Looks like you don't have an answer. 

Legally binding contracts are a thing that adults tend to have to consider when they want to stay in business and not be sued into oblivion. Considering that we have console exclusives that are undoubtedly supposed to be.... exclusive.... That's gotta suggest that DE has legally binding obligations to consider when approaching the possibility of cross save. We also know that the Tennogen creators seem to have different reimbursement arrangements on PC and consoles. Those are also going to be affected when people start cross saving. 

Did you take any of these things into consideration before deciding "game x has cross save/play therefore warframe won't have any problems except for getting the code to work, it's DE'S fault"? 

Just now, Berzerkules said:

No one knows. It's your speculation against mine.

I assume that it really just comes down to money. I'm not sure how plat sales or tenogen sales work on consoles. I assume that the console companies, DE and artists gets a cut of those sales and Steam, DE and artists gets a cut of pc tennogen. DE, Stream, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo would all have to come to an arrangement that is mutually beneficial financially. Actually implementing cross save/play sounds like the easy part and not a technical or time issue that is holding DE back from provide cross save/play. 

I was under the impression that the console companies had to approve the updates/patches before they were released and that was the reason that consoles were behind on updates/patches.

Yeah, its all speculation either way.

Most cross-progress games I've played restrict the premium paid currency to the platform its purchased on, so you can't buy plat on Xbox then log in and use it on Playstation. That way PS doesn't feel ripped off in the process, I think that'd work for Warframe and keep the platform manufacturers happy. As for Tennogen, DE pays the community creators a lump sum for the rights to release those items on consoles as far as I've come to understand and DE + the console makers take their cuts of the sale. So Tennogen shouldn't be an issue with cross-save functionality.

And you're right, they do need to certify patches before they go out on consoles. From what I understand they have to pay to submit a patch for the certification process too, so that's why there aren't as many patches on consoles and why they take so long to launch.

Cross save has been discussed many, many, many times. As it stands at the moment, DE has acknowledged cross save as a possibility and they have said on community streams that any further details will be shared with us on a future dev stream.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

is it even a thing ?

It is a thing in other games, but not (currently) in Warframe. The main blocker seems to be about negotiating approval from all the manufacturers - but this is clearly not impossible: all three seem to be somewhat open to dialogue.

I suspect this is just the case of convincing DE to make these negotiations a higher priority. Judging by the answer in this thread: 

it sounds like some of the manufacturers are already onboard and DE needs the rest of them to agree. We can only speculate as to which ones are which.

Those of us who want Cross-save to be a thing just need to make sure DE considers it a priority.

I just wanted to know why there was cross migrations 2 years ago for 1 week between all platforms and now its gone i believe that there should be some sort of cross progression since that what the community has been asking for and the fact that they've been making up an excuse and not going for what we want they are here adding other stuff (wich is really nice) but its been 4 years now nearly 5 and we still haven't seen any progression or the slight glimpse of hope

but what really upsets me is the fact that there is ps4 and ps5 cross play but no PC crossplay 

the fact that  ps4 is allowing cross play to any game developers that can handle it and they still haven't done it yet

i first started playing warframe a 4 years and the fact that me and my freind s spent 4 years grinding really harsd and now that i got GOT A PC AND HAVE TO   START ALL OVER AGAIN I SPENT 5K HOURS AND OVER 700 POUNDS ON THIS GAME and  i cant even save my progress to pc makes me really upset and un interested in warframe 

BUT I LOVE THIS GAMEE TOO MUCH TO GIVE UP

sorry this is my first time posting on here i dont know if i put it in the wrong place i hope the devs see this and i have more to say but im in a mission on jupiter soooooo i need to get nezhaaaaa

• Like 1

It's something that's been spoken about a few times and it is something people want (And I believe DE have said they will see if they can do it). But, the main thing I believe that is preventing it is the updates not being released in sync. They've been working hard to get updates releasing much closer together so I feel it's definitely achievable in the near future. But, until all platforms are on the same version I think it's unlikely for this to be a permanent option. 

In regards to the previous migrations not being permanent, it may be because of the different versions and accounts needing to be converted in a particular way to save data that was in the PC version that wasn't in the console versions yet. I honestly doubt this would be a viable permanent option unless all updates were synced.

PS4 to PS5 crossplay works because it's all on sony's end and the PS4 and PS5 would be running essentially the same version of warframe. It's as simple as logging into your sony account and having the data available. No transfer is technically needed as far as I know.

Sony also only recently started allowing all developers to be able to utilize cross play. And sure a lot of developers have already been utilizing it, but Warframe is a F2P game that's been running for like 8 years, a lot of games using crossplay after Sony opened it up would have been in development around the time the announcement was made to developers(and any that made the change post announcement would likely be the much larger game development companies). Developing around the idea of crossplay in itself would likely make it a much more achievable thing to do and just because other games have it doesn't mean it's as achievable for every game. It's only been just over a year since sony's announcement (may be a bit off but that's when i started hearing about it) and the last year has been filled with delays and issues caused by covid 19 lockdowns. 

• Like 1

They want everything to align. For complete Cross, not partial, so we won't have Sony left out if they really don't want to play ball.... But I wish we got at least some details of what's going on. Last I heard there's one dev on Cross Save... are they in talks with the console companies at all anymore? Is the tech in and just needs the okay to push through? Or does the backend need to be completed?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shwayshway said:

I just wanted to know why there was cross migrations 2 years ago for 1 week between all platforms

Incorrect.

There has only ever been a single transfer window for each platform (and IIRC it was only ever from PC, not between consoles), and it has always been shortly after the game became available on the respective platform. PS and XBox players didn't get a transfer window when Switch launched, for instance.

On 2020-12-09 at 2:21 PM, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Tomorrow during the Game Awards show. Along with Mobile and Epic Game Store version launches. /s

I wish... it were that soon.

Wow, I was partially right on my joke. One out of three is a bad score though.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

honestly i am hoping to find out if cross save/progression will be available especially seeing as i am almost alway on my console at the moment it would be nice to not have to hunt down everything i have worked hard to get

call it laziness if you want but what i have currently works for me and i don't really want to worry about not having it as a viable choice when on my console

plz DE i miss playing but my pc can barely cope and it would be nice to make use of my stuff of my console

On 2020-12-07 at 10:48 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

It is a thing in other games, but not (currently) in Warframe. The main blocker seems to be about negotiating approval from all the manufacturers - but this is clearly not impossible: all three seem to be somewhat open to dialogue.

I suspect this is just the case of convincing DE to make these negotiations a higher priority. Judging by the answer in this thread: 

it sounds like some of the manufacturers are already onboard and DE needs the rest of them to agree. We can only speculate as to which ones are which.

Those of us who want Cross-save to be a thing just need to make sure DE considers it a priority.

if only there were some way of light a metaphorical fire under their feet to make it a priority honestly i love this game but as OP mentioned i starting new on console is reasonably irritating (i'd rather full steam forehead plant into a brickwall) 

but i digress i hope this will happen but there's priorities and then there's priorities i plan to follow this thread with hope that some good news occurs

• Letter13 locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is there still no cross save feature? I want to play on PC, but all my time and money was on xbox, it's so stupid that i can't transfer that to PC so i can cont. to play. 

13 minutes ago, Hanealx said:

Why is there still no cross save feature?

Are you happy with "DE doesn't answer this question in detail" or can we interest you in our ill-informed speculation?

On the forums, we specialize in ill-informed speculations. Say if you want to be showered in delirious rants.

OH GOD YES!!!!
I have sooo many Xbox buddies who want to get into WF but they have no friends to play with, and I am 100% PS.
If we had cross-platform all of these friends would happily jump into the game with me while I tutor them.

ALT:
The simple ability to Keep All Account Details EXACTLY THE SAME if you use different platforms.
e.g. My MR, my frames, my weapons.... ALL TRANSFER AS IS over to any other platform / between platforms.
If this was the case, at the very least I would startup on Nintendo Switch so I can keep playing when traveling.  🙂

You guys must be new here. 

See if you can't find any of the million and one other threads about this topic explaining why it's not as simple as just pushing a button to make it happen. 

Sparknotes version: legally binding contracts are involved, and all of the platforms will need to agree to do it before it can happen. 

Hello everyone! I started playing warframe like 4-5 years ago in PS4. I left the game 2 years and now i have a PC. My question is: Can i play with the stuff i have in PS4 on PC? Because i love the game but i cant start from 0 again, i have a lot of Primes and i spent a lot of silver. Thanks for the help.