Dunno about cross-console but PC-console crossplay will never happen because it'll require simultaneous updates. PC will always get major updates first to test them for bugs. Especially after 2077 oppsie when Sony and Microsoft made it clear that buggy unfinished mess isn't welcome on their platforms.

Also DE are probably pretty paranoid about how it might affect plat economy.

50 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Last year during a dev stream they had stated it was a challenge, and their choice words suggests that at the time it was literally one person working on it. They also brought up how some of them didn't consider working on implementing cross-save to be worth it, as it may not provide much of a return on their investment.

DE is in it for profit just like anyone else.

Cross-Save (aka Cross-Progression) improves profits by allowing DE to reduce the number of servers required to host the game save data. It is a lot cheaper to main a single server than to have to manage four different servers ( One server per platform).

2 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Dunno about cross-console but PC-console crossplay will never happen because it'll require simultaneous updates. PC will always get major updates first to test them for bugs. Especially after 2077 oppsie when Sony and Microsoft made it clear that buggy unfinished mess isn't welcome on their platforms.

Also DE are probably pretty paranoid about how it might affect plat economy.

Enabling Cross-play is fairly straight forward. The biggest changes are on the pc in that the game will ask the user if they want to load the game in Cross-play mode. If you launch the game in this mode the absolute bleeding edge content is not accessible, but you gain the ability to party up with your console friends.

Most of the Platinum economy problems are from the PC having Discounted platinum. I figure a solution for this is to treat the existing platinum on the PC as "Free Platinum" when trading with the consoles. The next change on the PC would be to remove Discounted platinum and introduce discounted market purchases in it's place. A few days after the daily tribute changes go live on the pc, Any new platinum purchases on the pc can be traded on the consoles.

I understand where they are coming from. They have expressed the struggles they face making cross play, but PLEASE. The first cross-play being between PS4 & PS5 obly makes sense because they are both sony. PLEASE DEVOTE ALL YOUR TIME IN COVID TO MAKE CROSS-PLAY HAPPEN. So many people wanna play together but can’t because of this and in any way you guys can make it happen sooner please look into it.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ethaniasm said:

I understand where they are coming from. They have expressed the struggles they face making cross play, but PLEASE. The first cross-play being between PS4 & PS5 obly makes sense because they are both sony. PLEASE DEVOTE ALL YOUR TIME IN COVID TO MAKE CROSS-PLAY HAPPEN. So many people wanna play together but can’t because of this and in any way you guys can make it happen sooner please look into it.

The lack of cross-play and cross-save between platforms is not DE's fault. They would need to get Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to all agree for any of it to happen. Namely, they'd have to agree on a stable, matching price for Plat across all platforms and PC, otherwise players would be forced to use whichever platform had the cheapest Plat prices. Every Plat sale on a console also involves a cut of the sale going to the console company, so they'd have to agree to all take the same cut. I'm sure each of them would also like to try and muscle in a cut of the other platforms' sales as well. So if you want cross-play and cross-save, you need to talk to Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. DE can't do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, Ethaniasm said:

Bet im about to tell them to call up Sony Microsoft and Nintendo to make it happen no matter what and I got there back

Do you really think DE hasn't been trying? Cross-play would be a major game changer for Warframe and could attract a ton of new players. Even cross-save alone would be a welcome boon. Trust me, DE definitely wants this to happen. But have you tried getting Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to agree on anything? You'd have an easier time getting three babies to agree to split a single cookie evenly. DE is doing everything they can. It's not their fault the console companies are being unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, TennoSenpai said:

So dunno if anyone else feels the same but whould be cool if Crossplay was added

Hello friend. Happy new post. Welcome to the forums.

I suggest that you look at the Search bar and become good friends with it.

By using the search bar, you'd know that everyone else feels the same and have already said so and their moms and their dogs have also said so and that Crossplay is most definitely not coming.

• Like 6

if outriders has cross play on all platforms, then warframe can too.  i dont care about exclusive items or plat trading, just disable trading between platforms.  i just want to play with my xbox friends.  i dont want to give up my 8 year old acct where i spent 1-2k in the game maybe more.

• Like 1
  • "There are platform exclusive gear and cosmetics; allowing more migrations, cross-save or cross-play means allowing platform exclusive items to move onto other platforms"
    • Fortnite (and dozens of other games) have this but if its really an issue you could lock the usage to not be cross-play for exclusive items
  • Console manufacturers would be potentially losing players
    • I think PC players also move to console. I did for a couple years and now I'm back on PC. Also crossplay might bring back players and so theres more PC AND Console players! So everyone ends up winning.
  • Console manufacturers would likely lose out on the % cut they get from users buying platinum (people would migrate to PC, buy platinum with the PC discount, and move back)
    • Fortnite (and dozens of other games) have this though and console manufacturers haven't complained. I wonder if DE actually ever made this excuse or if people came up with this one for them. I think if we stopped making excuses for them they'd prioritize this much higher and it would get them to do it. I honestly thing they'd make so much money because I have friends who moved on to PC or switched consoles and quit the game because they lost their progression. Warframe has been around for so many years that I bet there is a decent chunk of people in that boat who would gladly come back if crossplay were implemented.
  • The game has a trading system that allows players to trade and move around the premium currency between accounts
    • Merging the economies is a good thing imo. It'll create a healthier market. Also its not like platinum is that harder to earn on different platforms and if it is then DE would have good incentive to balance that which I think would be good for the game.

In short. Give us crossplay/crossprogression/account migration plssssss. 

Sincerely,

someone who wants to play Warframe again

Believe it or not, I don't think anyone disagrees that it wouldn't be awesome - at least with some tweaks or the like regarding exclusive items and trading.

But you'd have to convince Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to do it first.

• Like 4

you lost me at Fortnite.

DE aren't indie sized anymore but they aren't exactly an industry giant either and most likely don't have the time, resources, or money to go for Cross-Play, I'm sure it's something they dream about, but it seems like it will remain a dream. Warframe still hasn't hit the newest Xboxes yet so let's see that first.

then there's the not so trivial matter of getting the Console companies to agree to it. good luck with that, we'll get World Peace before that happens. 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 6
34 minutes ago, (PSN)Deadmazter_ said:

There are platform exclusive gear and cosmetics

... This is obviously the only reason for crossplay...

Everyone that wants crossplay should just admit this already... Its healthier for them.

1. PC migrating to console? Are you aware that some PC players have a stereotype of having massive egos? Why do you think they jokingly call themselves a "master race"? I've had a person literally dismiss my post because I had PSN next to my name, while not being smart enough to realize people can play this game on multiple platforms. PC players have massive egos and think they're better than console players.

2. Do you know anything about corporations? They exist literally only to grow, expand, and make money. They do charity for tax purposes first and to help people second. They fire people to save money and trim the fat, and pay their top people in their circle. They absolutely do not benefit at all from letting customers leave.

• Like 1

Without a pretty significant change to the console certification process, cross play would be detrimental to the development of the game overall. I hope it never happens.

• Like 4