Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Arsenal Twitch Extension Pre-Launch FAQ

[DE]Ruu

16 hours ago, -Onyx-Zodiac said:

so Basically a Less Usefull version of the Destiny 2 Extension that is out for Longer? 

Umm how about celebrating the fact they are releasing a cool extension instead of complained it should have been there sooner and it's not fully complete in it's first iteration ?

Il y a 2 heures, slotschii a dit :

Can you release this as an API for requesting someone's current loadout? Because that would be a great tool to play around with as a Web developer 🙂

That makes at least two of us so now its a popular request, right ?

On 2020-07-17 at 2:05 AM, Pixxel_5 said:

Certainly something that Twitch streamers will enjoy.

It would be nice to have a bit more conditional option tweaking available regarding what is/isn't shown. Hiding operators for people who haven't done the second dream rather than a blanket "hide for everyone" would be nice.

While on paper it sounds great, from a technical point it is practically impossible because it would have to have the right to fetch your in-game data when your game is open and must stay open, and then search the particular conditions and cross reference and compare it with the streamers in-game and extension settings. Not to mention those viewers who don't want to use the extension. Yes I am a Software Engineering student, so I am not just pulling the technicality problems from nowhere.

I watched the working from home stream the other night (drop was the pearls) it was nice to be able to see what load outs [DE]Taylor had running on equipment, I'd say it will be interesting into the future and for newer players.

On 2020-07-20 at 6:12 PM, slotschii said:

You don't need to pay for twitch. I don't know where you picked that up. But twitch is very much free. 

Yea especially all the 'free' loot they keep advertising everywhere only for people to find out it's actually not free but comes for twitch prime.

This looks like a great tool.

Since you are working on colorblindness aids in your game... Colors showing a palette name on mouseover will be very very VERY frustrating. It absolutely needs Classis R1C4 instead of Classic. Anything less is a missed opportunity.

Did I mention it would be frustrating?

On 2020-07-22 at 11:22 PM, BETAOPTICS said:

While on paper it sounds great, from a technical point it is practically impossible because it would have to have the right to fetch your in-game data when your game is open and must stay open, and then search the particular conditions and cross reference and compare it with the streamers in-game and extension settings. Not to mention those viewers who don't want to use the extension. Yes I am a Software Engineering student, so I am not just pulling the technicality problems from nowhere.

If the Twitch account is linked to Warframe, it's a  simple true/false for "Has completed 2nd Dream". And the streamer can then have everything pertaining to operators hidden for those people who don't have accounts linked trying to access the loadout.

9 hours ago, Pixxel_5 said:

If the Twitch account is linked to Warframe, it's a  simple true/false for "Has completed 2nd Dream". And the streamer can then have everything pertaining to operators hidden for those people who don't have accounts linked trying to access the loadout.

It'd still have to fetch your in-game data every time a consumer participates in a stream that has a different progression state than they do. While the state itself can be stored locally, connecting to another person it has to do a cross comparison from both accounts to check if there is a mismatch or a match, and then calculate the visibility parameters based on that. On a more pragmatic side it also forms a pattern of something missing and eventually people will normalize that missing pattern being the 2nd dream components at which point its influence is negated. Look, it isn't that the idea is bad technically, but all I am saying is that the solution isn't that simple whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived