Shouldn't inaros' abilities get reworked?

Every warframe prime access i get disappointed of DE not caring much or paying attention to our requests for said frame.

I know i'm not supposed to expect anything.

But inaros is an old warframe his abilities are designed for forgotten content, shouldn't he at least get a new passive?

Look at Hildryn she's all powered up and ready with 2019 technology and animation prowess 

She's an offensive CC warframe with tons of shields, shield gating and shield regeneration and a damaging weapon that can deal over 100k

She's the opposite of inaros 

I'm generally curious as to why a frame as popular as inaros and as low tier as him gets ignored like this 🤔

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Every warframe prime access i get disappointed of DE not caring much or paying attention to our requests for said frame.

I know i'm not supposed to expect anything.

But inaros is an old warframe his abilities are designed for forgotten content, shouldn't he at least get a new passive?

Look at Hildryn she's all powered up and ready with 2019 technology and animation prowess 

She's an offensive CC warframe with tons of shields, shield gating and shield regeneration and a damaging weapon that can deal over 100k

She's the opposite of inaros 

I'm generally curious as to why a frame as popular as inaros and as low tier as him gets ignored like this 🤔

His 4 is decent. Especially with augment.

His 1 is decent and under rated in my opinion. Spammable cc, finisher set up, and with the melee changes you dont automatically get pulled into finishers like you used to. So you can proc stealth damage.

His 2 is a good emergency oh S#&$ healing button. 

His 3 is useless. 

He's arguably the king of not dying at leasr until enemies are level several hundred and doesn't care about energy leeches or nullifiers.

I get that basically a tank and nothing else but some mild CC might not be a super fun playstyle for a lot of people but hes better off than some other frames.

• Like 6

I don't think his abilities need to change but augments could be improved to help some of his abilities out. This could be said for heaps of WF abilities that are underused/under powered, the augment system is a great way to 'buff' those abilities. Like an augment that disarmed enemies caught up in his whirlwind but also made them drop ammo for the team - pretty much anything that made him do something for the team, he's a bit of a selfish frame really...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dreadwire said:

Im fine with the current inaros.

Not that bad and not that good.

If he can face tank the whole world. That's good enough for me hahhahaha

Mindsets like these is what keeps Inaros and Chroma in the sad state in they are now.

Sure they are powerful, but they only good in 1 certain type of content. Take them out to something else and you will see how bad they are or how little to none their contribution to the mission or the squad.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 9

Yes he has needed a rework for a long time.  Inaros is literally charge up his 4, sometimes use his 1 to gain health and CC.  Most people play him just because he's a tank that rarely dies, though I guess it is easier for him to die now with the grace nerf it's still very easy to tank star chart with grace + guardian.  

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Mindsets like these is what keeps Inaros and Chroma in the sad state in they are now.

Sure they are powerful, but they only good in 1 certain type of content. Take them out to something else and you will see how bad they are or how little to none their contribution to the mission or the squad.

Bring the right tool for the right job.

Being good at 1 thing is not a bad thing.

The last thing i want is jack of all trade inaros.

Worse inaros ever

• Like 1

Current Inaros is more desirable to this playerbase than a rework because his entire point is how lazy he is. 

Inaros is popular because he has no abilities besides a health bar.

Edited by Voltage
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Josloud_24 said:

I agree he needs a rework so you have a reason to use his abilities

He really only needs a tweak. His 1 and 4 are fine as is but his 2 and 3 use some tweaks to make him more usable. 

He doesn't require a full rework more a less some quality of life fixes.

• Like 2

Eh. His kit is very bland and boring but it all still works and has a purpose which is a better state than some other frames. *cough* Chroma *cough*

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, trst said:

Eh. His kit is very bland and boring but it all still works and has a purpose which is a better state than some other frames. *cough* Chroma *cough*

I agree Chroma is a boring monobuild, just don't expect any hypothetical rework to let him charge himself with self-damage or to go back to the old multiplicative power strength scaling

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I agree Chroma is a boring monobuild, just don't expect any hypothetical rework to let him charge himself with self-damage or to go back to the old multiplicative power strength scaling

I just want him to have more than one ability (two if we're being generous). Spectral Scream has never been close to usable and Effigy is an inconvenience at best.

From my experience doing any kind of defense mission the 3 needs to be a type of radial taunt that makes the giant health bar useful in group content. 

I would suggest very minor tweaks to Inaros more for aesthetics than anything else. 

Like remove energy from him and let all abilities cost health to cast, no abilities can be cast if health is below a specific threshold. (I wonder if anyone remembers the mummy video game) 

Split his health into base health (on par with other frames) and overhealth. Over health would drain over time, having sand clones would reduce the drain. 

You start the mission with base health and can gain overhealth by any means of healing. 

3 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

Bring the right tool for the right job.

Being good at 1 thing is not a bad thing.

The last thing i want is jack of all trade inaros.

Worse inaros ever

A Specialized frame is not a bad thing, but a specialized frame with half of it's abilities/kit to be useless is an extremely bad thing. 

Tell me, do you even use devour and sandstorm? I bet you not.

• Like 1

i think hes still great. much like zephyr prime i honestly think alot of players simply dont understand how to play him. so they constantly underutilize  and underestimate them. when used properly they are both amazing frames. but everyone just wants an instant one button press insta kill the whole map on every frame. people forget the you can damage with weapons too.....

tho i wouldnt mind some sort of jump power or something for him... but thats prob just me being spoiled by zephyr primes manuverability XD

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SweetAnubis said:

i think hes still great. much like zephyr prime i honestly think alot of players simply dont understand how to play him. so they constantly underutilize  and underestimate them. when used properly they are both amazing frames. but everyone just wants an instant one button press insta kill the whole map on every frame. people forget the you can damage with weapons too.....

tho i wouldnt mind some sort of jump power or something for him... but thats prob just me being spoiled by zephyr primes manuverability XD

inspiring tim tebow GIF by Home Free

1 and 4 are fine as is. 2 would be ok if the casting and animation didn't take a year to complete and 3 just needs to deal actual damage and have a mobility boost, nothing overpowered, just boosted so it could be usable for defensive cc

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

A Specialized frame is not a bad thing, but a specialized frame with half of it's abilities/kit to be useless is an extremely bad thing. 

Tell me, do you even use devour and sandstorm? I bet you not.

I see inaros as a package. Just like i see a person. 1 bad thing don't mean the whole package is bad.

Just like you said about my mindset.

I see optimistic rather then pessimistic 

14 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

I see inaros as a package. Just like i see a person. 1 bad thing don't mean the whole package is bad.

Just like you said about my mindset.

I see optimistic rather then pessimistic 

Why are you against making Inaros to be a better frame? No matter how powerful he is right now, a lot of people agreed his gameplay is pretty boring. His advantage is just tanking.. and that’s it. Look at Grendel and Nidus, they have a lot of health but their abilities are pretty interactive and they are actually F U N to play with.

• Like 1

Of course they should.

We've seen that an energy-less Warframe is viable, so let's use Hildryn shenanigan for Inaros. No energy, all abilities use health as energy, and you probably have better foundations to build a better Warframe than Walking Pile Of Health Points Prime

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

Yeah it's not like a rework is going to nerf his health pool into the ground, honestly the only thing a rework does for inaros is make his kit useful for something other than his 4 and 1 where his 4 you charge it up at the start of a mission and his 1 you use to cc and gain health back in a pinch (literally hence the nickname pocket sand from King of the Hill.)  His 2 and 3 are garbage though and could be improved immensely.