Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't inaros' abilities get reworked?

His 1 is pretty decent, and gives you some extra mileage when at very high levels.

But please stop saying that its 4 is good. Its barely decent with the augment, and without is just a bit of extra armor you dont really ever need.

2 and 3 are thematically fine, but just undewhelming abilities with no real gameplay use. 

IMHO 3 out of his 4 abilities should get atleast some kind of tweak, i would really like to see a power that packs a "taunt" mechanic so atleast the whole team can benefit from its giant health pool.

Being a walking health pool is no good right now, sure its fine when you want to be lazy or you cant be very nimble (like when im playing from my couch), but with the tiniest effort any frame can facetank level 500+ since shield gating.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Every warframe prime access i get disappointed of DE not caring much or paying attention to our requests for said frame.

What the whinebase wants for any given thing isn't needed if the Frame is doing what DE wants it to to do. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Wow. Someone feels superior over a videogame. 
Arcanes, umbral mods, the whole nine yards. 
My Inaros has around 8,000 health. 

Do I feel superior or do you feel insecure that you know about arcanes and yet still like wasting time using Inaros's 2 and not actually be playing the game.

edit: 8k health as if that means anything. I regularly run 4,6k and have yet to die on any content level. 

Just now, (NSW)Reason said:

Do I feel superior or do you feel insecure that you know about arcanes and yet still like wasting time using Inaros's 2 and not actually be playing the game.

I feel no insecurity. You, however, need to bash me for using an ability a videogame character has, when others in this thread have discussed it is a good ability. But if you need to keep replying to my posts to feel better, have at it. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I feel no insecurity. You, however, need to bash me for using an ability a videogame character has, when others in this thread have discussed it is a good ability. But if you need to keep replying to my posts to feel better, have at it. 

Anyone else wouldn't brag about the stupidest waste of time and then try to die on the dumbest hill ever defending their idiotic choices but you do you man. I guess you enjoy using useless abilities and then try to seem superior to everyone else as if you're playing some other secret game no one else is. Don't cry because I called you out on it. You keep on using Inaros's 2

1 minute ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Anyone else wouldn't brag about the stupidest waste of time and then try to die on the dumbest hill ever defending their idiotic choices but you do you man. I guess you enjoy using useless abilities and then try to seem superior to everyone else as if you're playing some other secret game no one else is. Don't cry because I called you out on it. You keep on using Inaros's 2

Wasn't bragging. Nice try though. @DrivaMain asked another player if he or she uses devour and sandstorm. 

I answered with "I use devour". 

Suddenly yourself and @vegetosayajin are mocking me for it. 

That's all I did. Was answered a question another member had. 

But hey, like I said, if it makes you feel better then go right ahead. I'm happy to be a part of your therapy. 

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

and @vegetosayajin are mocking me for it. 

Oh no, don't bunch me in with this fool, I am just speechless. I don't understand why you do it, but you are free to do what you want and what's fun.
The same way I'm free to run with normal excal on arbie/tsp missions.
I just don't understand why, that's all.

@JohnKable

ooh i like the taunt idea! maybe make devour cast time much faster but add a taunt where all enemies within certain distance are enraged by u devourering one of their buddies and go after you....

and then add some lift to the sand tornado.... hold space while its activated to launch up into the air.... and increase manuverabilty speed of it on ground. would give inaros some much wanted manuverability especially for getting to higher places his slow arse has trouble jumping to XD

They should. Inaros is the most boring warframe so far I think. He's good enough to clear most content but it's hard to say his playstyle having anything to do with his theme. His 1st ability is also the most impactful ability out of 4 which is quite unusual in Warframe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I use devour. 

aside from the fact that the discussion derailed badly, i think you can agree that devour its not a great ability.
It does *something* of course, and what it does is not bad per-se. But it is really inefficient if you consider the time it takes and the effect.
Thematically its a good ability, and theoretically does something that works with the overall concept of the frame.

There are just straight more efficient ways to achieve the same result (that is healing and killing enemies, the sand mionion is just a very small extra)

Not saying you shouldn't use it, but that ability could definitely be tweaked in a few ways. Like a much shorter cast time to begin with

Just now, JohnKable said:

aside from the fact that the discussion derailed badly, i think you can agree that devour its not a great ability.
It does *something* of course, and what it does is not bad per-se. But it is really inefficient if you consider the time it takes and the effect.
Thematically its a good ability, and theoretically does something that works with the overall concept of the frame.

There are just straight more efficient ways to achieve the same result (that is healing and killing enemies, the sand mionion is just a very small extra)

Not saying you shouldn't use it, but that ability could definitely be tweaked in a few ways. Like a much shorter cast time to begin with

Yes, I agree. I use it to get my health back, but it can be better. With you there. 🙂
It's there so I use it. 
Thank you for the calm reply. 

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Why are you against making Inaros to be a better frame? No matter how powerful he is right now, a lot of people agreed his gameplay is pretty boring. His advantage is just tanking.. and that’s it. Look at Grendel and Nidus, they have a lot of health but their abilities are pretty interactive and they are actually F U N to play with.

Again with self assumptions.

When did i ever say im against it. I said im ok with how the current inaros 

2 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Yes, I agree. I use it to get my health back, but it can be better. With you there. 🙂
It's there so I use it. 
Thank you for the calm reply. 

Personally i prefer using dessication followed by a couple of finishers for manual health regen (because arcane grace exists but sometimes its not enough)
inaros restores health with any finisher, so its a fast 20% in a second.

I also have a second build that i consider "the ultimate tank" with a Nikana prime and the Daikyu with the amalgam mod. With that you'll never need to look at the health pool ever again, but the offensive capabilities will be mostly limited to the Nikana. Wich is fine, because its a great melee weapon. And also you basically give up on your primary (but any good sidearm can make up for that).

That said, id really like to see a slightly better power kit on him. 

Archived